swollen labia and groin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

swollen labia and groin pain

I noticed a month or so ago that I had a pimple inside my labia.  No big deal, it was like a pimple for sure, even asked my doc.  I just popped it like a zit on my face.  So then when I noticed another one, I thought I would do the same.  Well I think I was mashing on it too long (kind of like a zit on your face that is not ready to be popped yet, I could just feel the thickness under the skin and tried to bring it to a head but was not able to do so)  Now one labia is swollen and red, like I injured something internally (maybe it was just a gland in there that I was mashing on).  Next I noticed that my glands in my groin are very very tender.  So now I am rethinking the whole thing.  What caused what, did I injur something that is causing an infection so the glands are swollen?  The glands on the other side are fine.
Tags: swollen, groin, Pain, Health, s, Groin pain, Reproductive Health, Women, Womens Health
-4 Comments Post a Comment
is the swelling in that outer labia like the labia majora and can you see the sore from the outer lip? i had similiar problem and it was filled with pus so i squuzed the **** out of it and kept picking and picking and now theres lump there i think that i squeezed it to much to... is it filled with pus fluid?
good luck
lol...gotta love the frankness in conversation that the internet allows.

From my personal experience, it would be my opinion that your "mashing" caused the swollen lip and the sore/swollen glands.  My rule of thumb in nearly all things medical is "Give it a week".  DON'T mess with anything "down there" for a few days and see if the soreness and swelling changes (goes down, increases, etc) and that will give you a better idea of if you need to see a Dr. or not.

I've done what you've done before, though, and things have always cleared themselves up after I quit squeezing and picking.
I just recently noticed that a gland of some sort (feels as if in the labia major) is swollen and tender.  I ignored it because this usually happens after sex.  Today i woke up with it about the size of a golf ball and very, tender and soar.  Now it is even more sore and the rest of the smaller glands on just this side of my vagina are beginning to swell as well, someone help me understand or give me some ideas
the same exact thing is happening to me.
i'm extremely worried. i've been searching on the internet but have found no answers yet.
unfortunately for all of us women, ive had this reoccuring problem 2 times before. The same exact things happened to my vag (ie: pimple-like-mass, swollen labia, and all that jazz) i went to the Gyno, who couldnt tell me much but put me on an anti-biotic and sent me on my merry way. LUCKILY, my mom knew a thing or two and reccommended a HOT bath with EPSOM SALT. it worked like a charm and cleared up the pimple&pain almost instantly

i really would reccomend it. regardless, almost anything is better than 'mashing' or prodding and squeezing at it because mainly that only further irritates the area. try the salt and, (for me) the "pimple" popped and cleared up!