swollen labia minora

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

swollen labia minora

So my labia minora has been a lil red the last couple days and a little itchy.  Then tonight both sides swelled up like a balloon. There are no abscesses and it doesn't burn when i urinate.  I had not had sex for 6 months, then just recently had sex a week ago when my boyfriend came to town for the holidays on leave. What do you think it is? Thanks.
Avatar n tn
the same thing happened to me today! i haven't had sex in about 2 weeks and i'm just getting over being sick. i went to get in the shower today and saw that my labia was like the size of an almond and it only got bigger (on both sides) I started crying freaked out what was happening to me and still as of now.. 9 hours after it happened, i'm still swollen. The swelling has gone a little, but not enough for me to me comfortable again. I feel like a guy with little balls hanging from my vagina. I don't wanna go to the doctors unless it's like something REALLY serious because my OBGYN is about an hour to two hours away.. please help!! .. let me know if you have found out what causes the swelling or how to get it to go back down!
I have the same problem, also I have a tiny skin tag on the right labia minora, it maybe be because i shave but I dont know. HELP!
Avatar n tn
Hi I kinda have a similar problem too. For the first time ever I masturbated and I was really curious. So I felt an almond size lump on the left size of my labia minora, I'm scared as hell and want to know exactly what this is. Can someone please tell me what this is? Thanks.
Avatar n tn
i seem to have something similar and it has been occurring every few months or so. the right side of my vagina gets swollen and then my inner labia swells up as well. its painful to sit in certain positions. It doesn't burn when i urinate. i haven't had sex in like 6 months. what could this be. i dont have insurance so i cant go to the doctor or obgyn.
The same thing happened to me, its only the left side and its so swollen and a little itchy, what do I do.. is it maybe a irretation to something??
I have had the same problem. Every once in a while they swell up and itch and burn.... But i have never had sex... only being 14 years old, this definitely alarms me when it happens. I want to know what's causing it and how to prevent it. HELP!
Avatar n tn
the same thing has been happenin 2 me for the past 3 months i thought it came from sex but i havent had sex n 2 weeks n i just finished my period i don't know where it came from and the pain is killin me i want 2 cry sometimes  
The exact thing happened to me. Me and my boyfriend havent had sex in about 2 months. We finally had sex again about a week ago. The next day I got my period. I used a tampon. The next day I realized my vagina was sore and swollen. At that time it wasn't too bad so I thought it was the outer part of my vagina that was swollen. I always use tampons and I aways use the same brand. I figured it was the tampon doing this so  I used a pad for the next too days. But the swelling just got worse. Today I woke up and my labia was red and swollen up like a balloon. Its protruding out past the rest of my vagina. Its very easy to irritate and is kind of itchy. It does not burn when I pee. If you have any idea what it might be or suggestions on how to reduce swelling please comment back. Thanks and good luck.
Hey I had recurring thrush for ages at one point and my labia used to swell to twice its normal size and go very itchy and dry. Have any of you considered taking a pessery or thrush cream? It should help. If anyone is using the contraceptive pill microgynon 30 stop taking it as could be an allergic reaction. That's what was causing my thrush to be so bad. Hope this helps xx
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals