Women's Health Community
swollen perineum, itching anus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

swollen perineum, itching anus

My perineum and anus are itchy, and my perineum feels a little swollen.  I'm not sure, as I've never really looked at it before.  I went to a doctor a while ago complaining about lower stomach pains, and was diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids.  I took the prescription suppositories (Anusol) that was prescribed, but it didn't really help.  Now, I feel pain occasionally, but it is the itching that is really bothering me.  I looked for external hemorrhoids, but couldn't see any.  Please help!  Thank you.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
Have you tried an epson salt bath??  I heard that helps.
Blank
Last month I had those same symptoms, I now have blisters on my anus and they are very itchy... I was treated for a UTI and now being treated for a Yeast Infection... I also had a blood test done and it came back positive for Oral Herpes and Negative for Genital Herpes... Did you ever figure out what it was??  I also have had Hemorroid issues in the past but the Hemorroid creams have not worked this time around!!!  Any suggestions??
Blank
I am having same symptoms ! the itching of the Perineum and anus is on and off..and when it gets really itchy the Perineum gets bit red and swollen. I thought it might be thrush so I tried caneston thrush treatment, but that didnt change anything, I really hope it isnt an STI, Ive only had sex with my current  partner ...Does nayone know what it is??
Blank
Lichen sclerosus: Symptoms and treatments  this is what you may have.  Look up seniltre lichens sclersus.  A simple topical onitment (prescription) may help
Blank
senile lichen sclerosus: Symptoms and treatments
Blank
My problem is slightly different, it's not about childbirth, and not about any recent sex, since that has not happened for quite a while now unfortunately, it's just that i felt a burning sensation after urinating and on checking it feels like a little slit in the area, but it's very painful.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...