swollen vagina lips
ok i recently had sex last night and we used a condom and such but like half way during the sex i realized i was starting to swell down there, today i am in extreme pain and can barely walk, it hurts so bad i have never seen anything like this, i need help any tips that might bring down the swelling i am am in extreeeeeeeme pain,, i am to embaressed to talk about it to anybody
some help me
thx
I think all of us girls get swollen bc thats how it works from something being in there for awhile. I dont think its a problem bc after reading how many people say its the "same thing" bc if you think about it, your sensative and after sex most of the time it swells or being played with it swells then to... Idk thats what i think bc its being stretched more than usual. I hope I Help!!
I have some Vagina itch on and off for very long time and have kept away from sex for around 6 months... I have come to think that the itch is a yeast infection and I cut having dairies. After cutting dairies for a month the itch went away gradually. But I started to get cheese and some creme cake and now it is back since last week.

I will see a doctor for being tested towards yeast and allergies. Any ideas what can NHS does and what should I ask them.
ohhh myyy. well last night me and my boyfriend DIDN'T have sex, he just ate me out for almost  an hour! i think that is the reason but it's swollen up SO bad but i'm not too sure. i have no idea what to do. i was freaking out and i got in the bath tub and soaked hoping that the swelling would go down, but it didn't :\ this morning it went down a little but it's still swollen! help :(
I am a 31 year old female. My mons pubis (the fatty part above the lips) has been swollen and sore the past couple of days. It is very troubling. It is not sex related. I was out partying with friends one night, and the next morning I woke up in agony. I figure that I either banged it on something, or there is some type of infection. I have no vaginal symptoms such as itching or discharge. But to be safe, I am taking extra vitamin C and garlic to fight infection. I know there are lymph nodes in that area, and pain and swelling could be due to swollen lymphs. It is frustrating and I don't want to go to the doctor's for this. Hope it goes away!
hi i had sex sunday morning and half way done i started to notice it was swollen but i thought itvwould go away like the past times and well ive been in pain and well i justt really need to know if its something seriouse im getting worried and well we didnt use a condom and he didnt *** in me or on me
So i just had sex and it welled up during it really bad i started ithching on my legs and on the lips then it swelled....i got scared when he touched it it would hurt and liquid would make it hurt im on the shot and i dont use a condom..im scared i live with my gm and i dont wanna tell her whats going on if anyone has any info please email me ***@****
okay so i have a bit of a situation. me and my boyfriend had sex about a month ago and my lips were fin then. about a week after i got home (we were on a trip together. we live in different states...) i started itching down there a lot. i looked down and it was really red but that was it. so i clean it with rubbing alcohol thinking that would help out. it did a little bit and i was fine for about two weeks. now my left lip is completely swollen to the point where it looks like it's ready to burst.... i haven't seen a doctor yet but i'll be calling to see what the heck is going on... any ideas?!?!?
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Had sex the other day 2x and my husband said I was extremely tighter than usual. I've been hard at work at my kegels so I was happy with those results. However my vagina opening is soooooo swollen and burns, a bit itchy. So I'm going to the doctor today to get tested for everything under the sun. but, I'm wondering, does everyone who practices kegels rigorously have this problem? And if so, maybe its a side effect of overworked muscle?  I mean when we exercise our legs, arms whatever those swell as well. We don't notice it maybe because its a larger muscle group and/or not a sensitive area.  any thoughts?
i have kind of the similar problem. after i had sex two days ago my lip was swollen to the max. i put some a bag of ice on it.  i dont know if its normal or not but after the swelling i got some discharge like ovulating. no smell ono burn or itching. still had some swelling, is this normal?
I have this same problem so if you could post on here what the doctor said that would be awesome!!!
I have the same problem but doesnt involve sex. I was going to the bathroom and noticed a burning. So i cleaned and looked at it. And it started itching so i itched and now my right lip is swellen. I put sone yest medicine on it. Havent done ice yet. But it looks like just irritation.
a couple weeks ago i had a yeast infection so i went to the store and got monistat for it so for like a week or 2 i was fine but now recently my vagina has gotten real itchy and last night i was scared because the lips were so swollen and hurt so bad! im not having sex and im so worried!
yes i had this problem also and havent used a condom but i just got out of th e hospital few days agao and i have a lot of water weight in my legs and it has been rubbing could this be part of my problem??????????/
Here's my problem. So i'm 17 i've been on birthcontrol since i was about 15 I stopped taking it awhile when i was sixteen because me and my boyfriend of 2 years had stopped having sex. We used to have sex everyday but now we never have it because it hurts me really bad when we do. Recently I got back  on my birth control and about the first week in my vagina got this really strong smell it didn't smell bad or dirty it just smelled like a really strong vagina smell. Then about two weeks in i started bleeding like i was getting my period, i know when i first got on birth control you will spot but it wasn't spotting it was heavy bleeding which smelled very bad and was very embarrassing. Today when i woke up my vagina was very itchy and swollen but only on my right lip and one small part of it and some off the skin above it. The thing is that i haven't had sex in over a year.. I'm not sure what to do.
ive had the same issue more than once. i didnt know about the ice pack idea until now and it works wonders. i feel so more better.  thanks for the advice!
so did it work
i had sex couple days ago and this has never happened before. With me it's just one side and it looks weird and i can't wear jeans cause it hurts more i'm freaking out.
My vagina lips started to get itchy a couple of days ago and I scratched it, so now it's swollen.I'm pretty sure it's infected and I've tried peroxide and anti-itch stuff, and now I'm just waiting to see if it goes down.  I really have no idea why it happened since I don't have sex or have really done anything to that part of my body. How do you get vaginal infections?
I'm not really worried about mine yet since it doesn't really hurt unless I put antibiotics on it. I am secreting liquid though, and it's not the normal kind, but more of what comes out of infected areas. Should I be worried?
Ok hi well my area is,hurting rite now but i have not had sex in like 2weeks but i did give oral and i got hrpes and i went to the doctor they gave me sme pills and they wrk then my period came on for 1 week and now its off my area is swollen and my lips are big. I just wash up soap and water so i dnt no what wrong any bdy
Im having that problem but i feel a lump inside of the swollen lips any ideas?
I really need some help dont no wt to do
It is really swollen n hurts soooo bad.......its only on one side of my vagina lips n inside i can feel a lump •_•
im so glad im not alone i am experiencing now the same problem after we had sex my bf tomorrow i felt some bulge in my left side my vaginal and it hurt so bad this is the first time to happened it hurt to walk,stand even i sit i am very careful i feel pity now,,huhuhuhu,,i went to obstetrics and doctor give me a medicine but the pain still there how long how it takes before it will go away...
My boyfriend just fingered me tonight and when I went to the bathroom I realized the ride side of my vagina is pretty swollen. It hurts when I touch it and burns like its rubbed raw.. Could this be from him fingering me or do I have bigger problems?
I have the same problem.I am only 14,well going to be 15 and my vagina's left lip is swollen,but i am still a virgin.my boyfriend fingered me but it was a long time ago and we split up.i don't know what to do.i am kind of scared to tell my mom even we're really close..need some help :) xxx
i recived oral today and it hurts soo bad its swollen and hurts to walk what should i do? it had nothing to  do with intercourse because we didnt have sex but its still swollen :(
I've been havin problems with "swollen lips just from oral... I gets yucky discharge and sometimes it burns. Yucko. Hahah but I've discovered methods to treating it... Rather then see a doctor... For 1... Take a long bath and soak yo shiz lol don't use scented products or soaps down thurr fer a few days till the pain and swelling go away. I can't let shaving gel touch my lips cuz its irritating... And some scented soaps too.... Scented pads can do the same thing. Keep your choch dry and well "ventilated". I like to wear thongs and g strings... But.. Wearing them too often can lead to infections. Doesn't matter if u always wear fresh thongs n what-not.. Its cuz their tight. If you need to take a "sick" day and stay home to recover aka a day of not wearing underwear, or just wearing granny panties.... changing them a few times a day, and having a few baths... That stuff can help to get ya better. important, cuz it gets worse... If u have like "miconanzole" aka anti fungi cream use that to help with the pain. I just make sure to wear clean cotton panties, or none. Change my shorts/pants/ underwear often... And ya, bath.. Keep it dry down there. That's REALLY important!!!! .. Bla bla bla....  Stay away from sex and ya, I'm gonna say it, no more masturbating until it gets better. I'm a patient chick, so if I gotta wait a week or 2 for my poor choch to get better then I gotta wait.... Cuz yah, even after I do go to the doctors and get tested fer shiz, I'm clean.. So yah. :) hahaha. Hope this helps anyone out.
Okay so- I also have this problem. This is the first time I've ever had it and it's starting to worry me a little. I'm 16 and I've had sex twice. Once with my ex and once with my current boyfriend. In both cases they were both virgins so I know this isn't an STD thing. Only the left lip is swollen. It started out this morning it woke me up whilst I was sleeping. Yesterday there was nothing wrong at all. I woke up and it was so itchy and sore. So of course being half asleep I itched it and it got sore. So I left it and drifted off again. I woke up this morning and didn't think of it and didn't during the whole day either. But tonight  I started to get really uncomfortable whilst laying down on my side. So I got a mirror for a closer look and lo and behold my left side was swollen like crazy and really red. Not normal at all. For now the pain is barely there, it just gets very irritated when I touch it so I'm staying away. And I can literally feel the heat coming from it. I'm going to get an ice pack but I wanna know if I should get this checked out? I want to know if it's serious enough to warrant medical attention or if I should stick to my ice pack for a few days.

It just feels so uncomfortable. /: Walking feels really strange and this isn't ideal being a student and walking to/from school and classes. And of course, sitting for 2 hours in every class isn't going to be ideal. I think I'm going to wear my very comfy underwear too and stay away from tight clothing (which I'm not into anyway).

Basically guys, what I'm asking here is- should I get a Dr.'s appointment? And I'll probably check back with results about the ice pack thing. :-)
i had sex with my bf lyk 2 days ago & i noticed in da mournin my lips were very red & very swollen..it doesnt itch but it hurts bad wen i walk sit lay down, or wen sumthing rubbs against it or touches it...it hurts wen i pee & wen i wipe...i was dumb 2 have sex with my bf again even aftr it was swollen & it hurt sooo bad...what do i do????
I've had this problem on and off for 6 months now. It usually happens to me when I have rough sex or I masterbate a little too rough. If it's to the point where it's burning as well as swollen then I would suggest to continuously applying aloe vera where ever the burning sensation occurs. The aloe vera will increase the healing process and has good germs to help it calm down there. For me, the next day is always better. Hope this helps and I hope you start feeling better soon!
I have the same problem but only one of my lips is swollen and it itches from time to time threw out the day can some one tell me what it is
Ok so I like to have sex but I always go to the gyn to make sure I'm healthy and the results are always negative..but sometime after sex with my bf I exprience stomach pains and time to time I get sores nd lumps near or on my vagina can anyone help me out?
Well, actually I was just discussing the lower abdominal pain with my gun, and what she told me was when we climax, sometimes after, our uterus's start to tighten and release like a spazum. OR ur hunny could be a well endowed gentleman who's man parts slammed up against ur cervix causing it to spazum. As for the sores, I would DEF discuss that with a physician ASAP. You may be having warning signs of something more serious.
I've had this prob all year. Comstantly swelling from the lips out. I can't walk well and it extremely sensitive, icing it numbed it some but didn't help with swelling but it numbed it for awhile was super uncomfortable. I find it best to shower in medium warm water and gently wash the area in and out and the next morning it shouldve shrinked about 1/2 of the way back to norm.  Although i tend to have alit if discharge after.Within a few days it goes away but I don't use condoms so I know its not latex related.  It only happens to me after sex sometimes, not always, sometimes I swell a bit and it goes away in about 30 min or it swells badly and extremely painful, or everything's fine. I don't know what this is but I've learned how to deal with it. Doctors have given me yeast Infection meds but I haven't mentioned swelling or discharge because I haven't been yet.... My partners switch up this recently happened a few days Ago. Sex with a Virgin and now im swollen, help??
Im having the same problem with swollen lips, slight irritation and the pelvic muscles ache like if I lift my leg to put on pants it hurts a bit. I have also had bloody discharge and I have an IUD. I've had these problems for a couple of days and its totally NOT related to sex. Any ideas on what this is?
So happy to find out im not the only one with this problem. Read the advice, but before reading the advice i would have never thought about putting ice on it.
ur word ur vagina is swollin
Omg!! Im currently going thru this burning, itchy and very painful condition. It has happened to me once before about 2years ago. In my case i know what caused it n the first time i got it i swore (because of the severe pain) i would never do it again!! I shaved my vag lips and i either shaved to hard in that area and then later that night i was itchy so i scratched the inner lip area and it was that kinda hurts but feels good scratch! Well the next morning i was tender a sore n it got worse the next day. Could have so been aggrevated by perfume soap as well.. So i bouth otc creame and am using a baggie w ice to sooth. I read fresh plant aloe vera plant juice works great.. Very soothing! Also heard gold balm or baking soda to use to keep area dry!!
Im kinda worried and keep breaking down crying cuz it hurts so bad and is so swollen up I cant even walk... It started out as just being itchy as hell so I was itching it, mostly in the bathroom and stuff so my bf wouldnt wonder wtf was going on... But it kept getting worse and worse and by last night... Well I couldnt even pee without sobbing... I finally gave in and asked my bf to look (he is my soul mate and my best friend and while I thought this was as weird a request as I could make, he had no problem.with it, said he wanted me to be ok and healthy) he said its really swollen, just on one side and its all raw and bright red in there... Wtf is it? My medical assistant friend said "really really bad yeast infection sound like" but so bad its eating my skin and making.it all raw down there? Wtf is it?!
Start a new thread if you have a different problem. Don't just say you have the same problem and that is it, as it adds nothing to the discussion. Don't post anything if it is not relevant. Don't type in CAPS or mixture of cap and lower case. Don't write personal details that are irrelevant to the discussion. Try to use grown up medical like terms for names of private areas. 90% of this thread offer no solution and you can see how long it has become. Any one serious about finding answers does not want to wade through countless post that don't have any...they will just go to other web sites. People shouldn't talk to their guns.
I've been having some of the same problems. The first time I thought it was just a really bad yeast infection but then it started happened a lot. I think i figured out that its an infection caused by tampons. There's something in tampons called Rayon that some girls are allergic too and it causes an infection inside the vagina. I dont know if thats whats causing the swelling but its the only logical explanation because I dont have a yeast infection. Try using 100% cotton tampons
So here are the symptoms Severe swelling of your vagina, vaginal lips, labia, clitoris, rectum. Whatever you want to call it all you know is it is swollen "down there" usually one side more than the other.Mine extended all the way to the rectum making me think hemorrhoids of the vagina lol, but its not! Its not a yeast infection or UTI because you have had these before and this is different. Whats worse, SEVERE burning, pain, prickling like you got razor burn. It hurts to close you legs or walk but there is no smell and no new discharge, what the heck is it?

A combination of things! the two main culprits are Vaginal varicose veins or vaginal/vulva varicosity. Also something that doesn't have a particular name that I know of but its Vaginal inflimation. Both are brought on by increased blood pressure to the area, and hormones. ALSO there is vaganitis which is a yeast infection on the outside skin. This usually accompanies the two and causes the itching but not always. you will know you have the vaganitius if you are RED as well in the area not just swollen.

WHAT TO DO - after searching for days for relief tricks, and getting to the unbearable, crying rocking in the bathtub point my wonderful OB who I never get to see (Navy medical lol) but he is good called me and told me what to do. This problem will go away after birth so that's a plus. in the mean time..... Elevate hips and legs when possible, ice the area for pain relief (though not really a sweller reducer) Take Tylenol for pain. and here are the best parts that research did not give me fully.... combine ALL of the following. Medicated wipes/cream for the outer vagina in case you have vaganitius adding to the situation. Tucks hemorrhoids pads. Put a pantie liner/maxi pad in your underwear and layer some of the tucks in there. It brings "some" burn relief and reduces the swelling noticeably!!! replace as needed. As the swelling goes down your discharge will increase, this is normal and good! Also a tip on the ice thing. That was the best for the burning pain and itch to me. After messy ice and not much success I discovered my husbands beer bottles!! lol he loved it though, said he had his two favorite things together! They are round, un messy, and reusable. I used a full cold beer bottle put it between my legs I had panties and a nightie on, and wedged a pillow tight and went to sleep. I replaced as needed and put the old one back. definitely pain relief, not swelling but ohh to not be in pain! ALSO tight supportive underwear! this is the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do. Force the blood flow out of the area. This will also cause in increase in white discharge as it forces the "stuff" out of the area. My OB said pack my underwear with maxi pads if I have to but get my crotch tight lol. It helped. Allowed me to walk around for the first time in days!

I am posting this in hopes that I can help other who have had the same problems... good luck and a combo of all the things makes you almost normal and after days of pain from this plague ( that increases/shows up with the more children you have and earlier too). You are not alone!

--
Thank you because my doctor didn't mention this n I cnt even wear underwear without about to tear up or stand up with out standing still to ease pain then walk! Seem like everyday it is gttn worse! I take Antibiotics n codine Tylenol n pregnant so I'm struggling n crying a lot but Imma try the ice out
I have the the same problem as the rest but I haven't had sex, so I'm not sure. For the past fee days they've been swollen and I have a stomach and fever since they got swollen. Anyideas?
Me and my boyfriend had sex earlier today. He was going pretty rough after that I noticed my right vigina lip was swollen. Is there a reason why this happend?
Last night me and my boyfriend had sex. In the middle of everything we had to stop because it began to hurt. After that I had a hard time walking because it hurt so badly. When I got home my left lip or whatever had swollen up and it was really painful. We didn't use a condom, and we have had sex a lot of times before so it can't be the latex allergy. I have no idea what it is, but I totally panicked because I'm shy and didn't want to tell my mom or my doctor about it even though my boyfriend said it'd be a good idea.

But here's what I did: I took an icecube and wrapped it in toiletpaper and holded it against my lip to help the swollowing. It helped a lot, and if I'd done it a longer time it would probably have been even better, but I was busy. After that I ate a couple of painkillers to help with the pain. I could still feel it, because I didn't eat a lot of pills, but it definitely helped.

I know that might not be the best thing to do, but it helped me through the day. And I hope it will help you too, if you do it.

How can I get the swelling down in the same day  I dont want my boyfriend seeing it especially if I'm 8 weeks pregnant and going on nine weeks can soap help it  swell down
What if there's no pain just uncomfortable and you haven't had sex recently?
This is what I'm experiencing currently, and I can tell you that what's happening with me is that I wasn't wet enough and the lips are irritated due to all of the friction. I actually ended up getting a tear too. What's helping me now with some temporary relief, other than wearing no pants, are ice packs and chamomile tea bags

Ladies never be ashamed to ask your partners for lube, or have some with you. I hope this helps for ladies for future reference!