tampon insertion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

tampon insertion

I am 17 and have not had my period for very long. I am still very irregular but that is not as important. I have been using pads for the past year or so that i have had my period but wanted to start to use tampons. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and i had it in for a min before bed and then took it out for bed. I then used another one today for my basketball game but it was not very comfortable. I have read many times how to put it in and everything and it went in easily but whenever i sat down on the chair it kinda was uncomfortable and i heard u are not supposed to feel them but i did. I am pretty sure it was in right. I did everything i was supposed to. Am i just not used to it yet or is it not in enough.  I don't want to lose it if i put it too far in. Any help is needed. thanks
It sounds like you aren't putting it in far enough, you can't put it in too far don't worry. The insert in the box gives very good instructions on how to insert them.
Just keep trying.
make sure your wet down there (wether peeing, out of the shower, whatever) it wont be unfomrotable and will fit much better.
thanks for the response but how far up should it go? it was very uncomfortable. also i am kinda at the end so should i still use it?
enough. you just get the feel for it. put it up enough so that its not sticking out of your vagina.  you can use it for as long as you like.

you kno your profile says your a 9 year old male from ga right
can u put it in too far.  should i be able to feel it at all in side me?
NO. You can not put it in too far.
There is a barrel that contains the actual tampon, just benieth the barrel is a spot for you to hold on to the applicator, push the applicator into your vagina until your fingers are touching your outer labia, then push the tampon in, that should get it in far enough so that it is comfortable.
The tampon is not going to get stuck or lost or anything like that so do not worry about putting it in too far.
ok   thanks so much for the help!!!
Use your finger. Get it in as far as you can. it may be uncomfortable actually DOING that, but you shouldn't feel the tampon afterwards. Or atleast it shouldn't bother you. Also make sure you're wearing the smallest size possible for your current flow.