tea with ginseng during pregnancy
I am 6 weeks pregnant and I had ginger tea with 2% of ginseng in it. I just read that ginseng should be avoided in early pregnancy. But I already had 3 cups of it.  I am very worried now that I have hurt the baby.
Normally with things like that, you have to consume large amounts.  Unless something changes (i.e. sudden abdominal pain, bleeding, etc.) then I don't think you'll have much to worry about.  Keep going to the doctor regularly for your pregnancy and just avoid ginseng from now on, but I think you and the baby will be okay.  Teas like that usually are not very strong.  :)
Okay so I looked it up today because I was curious too.

Ginseng is perfectly safe.

Actually all ginseng is really used for is as a male tonic.  It is good for men who have a low sperm count (plus it tastes pretty good as a tea).

The only times it should not be used is during acute illness and if you have high blood pressure.