tear in clitoris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

tear in clitoris

Today my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time in probaly 2 months. When we were done I felt pretty sore, but i think thats normal. I went to the bathroom like 2 hours later and there was a little pink on the toliet paper. I looked and there is one tear about the size of a centimeter at the very bottom of my clitoris(i think its the clitoris...or it could be the labia minor). Is this normal? should i be concerned? I've been itchy down there lately.. so i wonder if that has anything to do with it. Any answers would be great! thank you
ok good thanks. and what do you think about the cut the same thing? just from lack of lubrication?
Cut on the clitoris? Uhm I don't think that would have happened. There is the "hood" that covers the clit, that could have got cut, but usually the clit dosent even rub against anything during sex, unless you're in a very close position. The clit is on the upper part of the vagina right where the opening starts. You're probably thinking more of the lips of the vagina or maybe down by the opening. Either or is normal, it should heal. If you have been itchy though and have some spotting there could be a good chance you have a STD or yeast infection that you really need to get checked out! Good luck to you!
"The clit doesn't even rub against anything during sex" why would you say such a ridiculous thing? if that were true sex would be the most boring, retarded thing a woman could possibly do. It does in fact rub against something, its called the penis. However all women are shaped differently and some have much shorter clitoris' than others.
oops silly me. it wasnt my clitoris. It was my inner labia. guess i need a lesson on that. the itchiness had been happening like weeks before. i think it was a yeast infection. i went to my doctor and got that one day pill. so hopefully everything clears up. thanks for the advice.
I don't think your question was ridiculous at all.. I'm going through the same thing right this present moment.  I had not had sex in 3 1/2 years.  Last night I had sex and afterwards I was hurting really badly.  I went to the restroom and was almost crying due to the horrible burning sensation.  When I looked at my "clitoris" it seemed as though it had a gash in it!  I was like whoa.  Seems like there are now two of them.  Hopefully, it heals well without seeing a doctor.  It is so embarassing.
the same thing happened to me and now im in a massive amount of pain. however, i tore my clit during oral sex. it burns so badly and im afraid to go to talk to anyone about it due to embaressment. I can barely even walk because of how painful the injury is.

what should I do? I suppose i just need to keep it clean for a while, I dont think its really serious even if it feels awful.

I dont know what to do about the pain, iceing it seems to help a little.