thick clear mucus discharge after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

thick clear mucus discharge after sex

Okay so it has been a couple days after my period. I wan't too sure when my ovulation date was but i had  unprotected sex anyways. I counted and it was roughly day 14-15. I went to the bathroom and there was a lot of clear sticky egg white looking discharge. Is it possible that i am pregnant? I know its too soon but my boyfriend and i are freaking out. I know sperm can live up to 5-7 days in the womb. I haven't had any indicators yet but i need help. When is the earliest for me to take a test?
If you had sex two days after your period ended, you're anywhere from day three to day nine (Depending on how long your period lasts.  Day one of your cycle is the first day you bleed.).  That said, if you were on day nine, it's possible that you can conceive when you ovulate if the sperm lives the maximum amount of time it possibly can inside you.  If you weren't on day nine but instead were much earlier, you probably won't be pregnant, assuming the figure that you ovulate on day 14 or 15.  Either way, you are unlikely to be pregnant right now if you're only two days after your period because you are nowhere near your predicted ovulation date.

If you are still within 72 hours (three days) since you had the unprotected sex, you can go get a morning after pill (Plan B, etc.) and I would highly recommend it if you are since it doesn't sound like you or your boyfriend are ready for a child.  This is only a high dose of birth control, so it can do nothing more but prevent conception.  If you are past those 72 hours or have already managed to conceive, the pill will do nothing.