thick substance coming from my vagina...what is it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have had this problem for about a week and a half now.  There is a very thick, translucent gel-like substance coming from my vagina.    It's actually much thicker than gel and I'm not sure how to relate it's thickness to anything else, I just know that it's not discharge.  I've had this problem before, but not for so long, and not so much.  I have no clue what it is.  Has anyone else had this problem?
are you experiencing any other symptoms like itchiness, irritation, redness..? like a yeat infection? is there a chance you are ovulating? the discharge is different than usual when you are? does the discharge have an odor?
You are ovulating! If you want a baby, try now. If you don't want a baby, don't have sex while you have clear gel discharge. It's not an infection.
Sounds like ovulation to me.  This may sound gross, but see if it stretches.  If it does, then you are definitely Oing.  This is a great fertility sign so take the previous posters' advice.  You have a really good chance of getting preg right now, so BD or avoid BDing depending on whether you want a baby or not.
After intercourse my wife had a funny discharge more of a clump and it was kind of red in color. Really rubbery. She is suppose to be ovulating tomorrow. Is that what it is???
Bobman, that sounds like a menstruation clot. Was it all alone, or was there other red fluid? That doesn't sound like EWCM. It would be clear or almost white(sometimes) if it was ovulation discharge. Definately not red.
well i also have a problem similar to this. at random i have a clear discharge sometimes with a red color(blood?). Also at times a deark brown color almost like old blood color. Im not sure what it is. Does anyone have any ideas. It sometimes happens like a day or too after sex. Im not sure to be worried or not? HELP PLEASE!!!!
Anyone who has stretch mucus, or anyone who has a wife who does. Many women in my family have endometriosis. This is where your body doesn't release all the blood and it goes back up. Leves lesions and nodules all over  makes for painful cycles back pain and difficulty concieving  Now when ovulating you release the same stuff everyone does. Clear or white-ish gel. But it has a tint to it that's redish or brownish. If it has color see a doctor to be diagnosed. They can't do much for it but it explains everything. But regardless. You are still ovulating. Congratulations. :)
I also have the same problem,, tchiness, irritation, redness and this thick kinda green stuff that comes out of my vagina..But when will it stop and what causes it??