thick womb lining- what does that mean ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Dont know if this is the right place to put this
hi im a 22 year old female and for the past 9 months my body feels like its just giving up i know my body so well and i have been having periods also bleeding after my periods and also bleeding when having sex i have been in and out of my doctors the last 9 months for them to find out whats going on and they sent me to have a scan I had my ultrasound the other day and the tech asked me when was my last period which i have only just came off the tech told me my lining of my womb was thicker for someone who has just came of and it looked like i was gonna just about to start she said to make appointment with my doctor for him to refer me for an urgent gynae appt. she asked me to do this several times when I was there, so I asked her why she was stressing the URGENT bit of it. also i had bloods taken and everythink was normal

She told me that the lining of my womb is very very very thick (her words - not mine) and that I must see a gynae doc urgently to sort it out. She didn't really tell me much else so I left panicking. As soon as I got home I naturally googled "thick womb lining" and got some scary results.

I have been worried sick
i saw my doctor today for the report and he said that he will make a urgent appointment for me he said its abnormal and that is so really really thick he was going to refer me tonight but i have five kids should i be worried ...
I have to believe that if your life were in any danger, your doctor would have admitted you to the hospital right then and there. So, knowing that to be the truth, I would relax at least a little bit.
I don't understand why your doctor didn't give you all the information you needed while you were in his office. Did he not answer any of your questions? Did you ask any? You should not have come out of his office being "worried sick." Who was he going to make an "urgent appointment" with? Is he not a gynecologist himself? Did he in fact make this appointment for first thing tomorrow morning, which would give you time to get someone to mind the kids, did he call you with the appointment details?
This makes me very angry. Certainly not at you! At the medical profession.............they scare you to death then just let you leave not knowing anything! Having to come home and Google your symptoms for the knowledge and advice the doctor should have given you. That you had to write to this forum for some support since your doctor gave you none!
And maybe it's different in the UK, but a hospital tech, who is the one who did the test, has absolutely no buisness or professional status to tell you ANYTHING they see on the scan. NOTHING. They are not doctors and it is only a DOCTOR OF RADIOLOGY who can read those results, send them to your doctor and then your doctor discusses the results with you. For this tech to have told you what she did should cost her her job and if I were you, I'd make sure she did. What if she believes she sees cancer in someone and tells them that..........what if that person is so distraught they get into an accident or God forbid, go home and take a handful of sleeping pills. Look at the nightmare she put you through. I'd make sure her head rolled all the way to Newcastle.
Just remember what I said..........if your doctor thought you were in immenent danger, he would not have let you leave. You really must believe that.
PLEASE let us know what happens.
Take care
Peace
Greenlydia