thin white 'gel' in vagina; no discharge, no itch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

About a month ago, I had a severe vaginal/vulvar itch. It went away after about 5 days, and meanwhile I applied an outside Monistat yeast infection cream to cool the area. I went to the doctor, and she said it could have been a yeast infection, but that it treated itself. After looking at a slide under the microscope from my vagina, she said there were some yeast bacteria, but everything looked healthy, and said I should not use a treatment because it could upset my vagina.

Presently I have no itch and no heavy cottage cheese like discharge. In fact, I have no abnormal discharge. However, when I am cleaning my vaginal in the shower (just a finger swipe with water), there is a thin white clumpy material on my finger. (I've had a heavy yeast infection before, and it isn't heavy cottage cheese.) If it smells, I can't tell or I must be used to it. As I said, it doesn't itch, and it isn't discharged. Is this part of the normal vaginal environment? Is this a small yeast infection? Please help. Thanks so much.
Let me ask you a question. Do you think that you may be OV because it is alot of discharge at the time. I know it was for me. Are you sexually active and could be pregnant? I am 10 weeks pregnant and right before I found out I was, I thought I had a yeast infection or bacterial infection with the same discarge that you descibed and I even had a smell.  I went to the Dr and was checked out for everything, even STDs. My results came out negative and the Dr said that I could possibly be pregnant which turned out that I was. Just a suggestion.
I dont think that is a yeast infection.  generally you will have that for the last two weeks of your cycle.......it is a good indicator your period is on its way....it is totally normal.
i think u could be ovulating too...or maybe you are pregnant. when i was pregnant i had a similar discharge and i looked it up and asked my dr and to come to find out it was a discharge called leukorrhea which looks like the same stuff when u ovulating but only thicker. if it not burning  itching or smelling i think u should take pregnancy test ......goodluck!!!
It sounds like you are in the middle of ovulating.  About 10 days into you monthly period cycle.
i am on the pill and sexually active with my boyfriend. and my last period ended the 1st of august. well lately ive been noticing white discharge, and i always seem to have it. there's no itching,burning, or odor. everything seems pretty normal, except the fact of the discharge, it's NOT like cottage cheese, it's more like lotion or creamy i guess. should i be worried? what could it be?
giant_pineapple's problem is identical to mine, except that I'm getting cramps now on time, so I'm sure I'm not pregnant.
My cycle has never performed like this before, and I'm 21...
I have the same broblem as LOvebugx3, I'm only young, have only had 2 sexual partners, have never been pregnant and have never had a STI. It is also a farmilar thing, not the first time it's happened, maybe it's just me but it also seems like it isn't comming from my urethra rather than my vagina. I don't believe it's ovulation either because it seems to happen almost everyday, and mostly when I'm peeing. I'm not exactly worried about it because it's probably been going on for as long as I can remember and no pain or discomfort at all. I'm not sure what to make of this situation. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
(Probably should have proof read before) I have the same problem as LOvebugx3, I'm only young, have only had 2 sexual partners, have never been pregnant and have never had a STI. This discharge is a farmilar thing, not the first time it's happened, maybe it's just me but it also seems like it is comming from my urethra rather than my vagina. I don't believe it's ovulation because it seems to happen almost everyday, and mostly when wiping after peeing. I'm not exactly worried about it because it's probably been going on for as long as I can remember and no pain or discomfort at all. I'm not sure what to make of this situation. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I have the same thing, and it's driving me crazy!!  I am in my 30's, and have noticed over the past few month's after using the bathroom I find clear,yellowish,cloudy odorless mucus either on the toilet paper while wiping (especially after bowel movement) or if I look, i;ll see it just hanging like a glob of mucus by the opening of the cervix. It freaks me out!! I have gone for a culture and it was negitive for infection,... I have been looking online for a possible diagnosis/cause for this and I think it's just alot of cervical mucus. Does anyone know if you could be producing too much cervical mucus?  is this normal?
I have a white, creamy/lotion like consistency recently to my discharge.  It is concerning to me because I do not have any STD's, and there is no odor or discomfort.  I am fairly sure that it is an imbalance in my body in that I eat way too much sugar and I am also on the pill Yaz.  I believe this is a side effect of having too much estrogen in my system right now.  I am embarrassed about this problem and wish i could go back to the way I was before.  My boyfriend has not noticed yet, but I will be mortified if he does.
I am 20 years old and have suffered from normal light clear discharge since my period first started years ago. About 5 months ago my discharge became thicker and more white. Then i developed a yeast infection that was cleared almost 2 months ago but i still suffer from the white thick (not cheese like) discharge. It has no smell and I dont itch or have burning. Its very odd that it just randomly started. I have never had sex, I dont have an STD, or am pregnant... so its very confussing. I always had bad eating habits like sugar and starch foods and i never had a problem till just recently. I would love to know if its normal, going to get worse or better but it seems like alot of people are having problems with no answers.
I have the same problem u all have mentioned...Its driving me nuts, thick creamy white discharge with no smell. I do not have an STD, I am not pregnant and also don't have a yeast infection. It make me feel very uncomfortable because I constantly have to clean my vagina. The discharge comes out and just sits right outside of the cervix (this usually happens when i am at work) I guess from walking around all day and not using the washroom often. I need answers no one can help but i want it to go away...................PLEASE HELP US
ah im just 17 ..and i very afraid of the comments that i have read. i do too have white creamy stuff coming out of my vagina. it is odorless and it doesnt itch.. i have been having this since about 3 months ago and i havent really told my mom.1 beacuse im afraid of what may be.i have only had one sexual partner and it doesnt hurt when im having sex.im very afraid of what may be becuase i just brooke up with my boyfriend and i dont know if i may be pregnant or i have an infection..HELP
what do i do?
Why don't you take a pregnancy test just to ease your mind?  and i wouldnt be worried about the discharge...it could be totally normal.  Do u have a free women's health clinic in ur area?  Call and talk to a nurse..or make urself an appointment if you feel you cannot talk to your mom.
liv167 I have the same thing! And I'm only just turned 15! I have had this for a while. I'm not sexually active. I have gotten my period and it seems to happen less after a period and then it increases over time. I don't even remember when I got It. any thoughts????