this isnt a health question
How long is it normal to date before getting engaged and then married..
That's usually is the process when courting. How old are you?
I believe there is no normal.  It depends upon the relationship and the individuals (and cultures) involved.  Some people date years before getting married while others get married after mere months.

However, you will want to be sure you're not rushing into anything and that you take your time getting to know each other well and that your goals and directions in life are the same.  Consider what he might be willing to accept in regards to careers.  Is he willing to move to find a good job but you're not?  Does he want ten kids whereas you want none?  How similar are your religious views?  If very different, are you sure you're fine with that?  Is he ambitious and someone you can rely on in hard times?  And many other questions need to be asked and discussed after you know your own views on yourself.
Good marriages normally have a history of dating for at least 2 years and living together at least 1 year. The problem with all the divorce in America is due to not meeting those qualifications. My father is a family and marriage councilor so I'm not speaking out my ***.
Thank you guys so much. We just keep talking about getting married and getting engaged and everything. You guys have really helped me out