throbbing, burning sensation in mid-back (right-side)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I've been having this throbbing, burning sensation in my mid-back (right-side) for a few months now. I went to a physician and descibed it as inflamation (inflammation) of the muscle. He perscribed a medicine and gave me a few exercise moves to help ease the pain. None helped. The pain is not excruciating but annoying. It went away for a few weeks and now it's back along with a numbness of my left arm. I can still use it but it feels heavy. Can you help me?
Hi You need to see a neurologist or ortopedic doctor.It sounds like you might have a pinched nerve in your back.The doctor will do some test on your back,may be x-ray's and a mri.You need to make an appointment on Monday to see another doctor.Take Care TNT406.
I have the exact same problem. I'm 30 years old but have had that back thing going on for about a year now. Except for the arm problem. I too wonder what it could be besides very annoying.
Hello, I have recently scince about two month now experiencing a pain i the mid back area but the pain is usualy coming from the spine it self as i can feel it, i even some times can sleep on my back or my side or even on my stomach as i still feel the pain it like some one stabbing you with a knife in the mid of your spine, i have visited the doctor suggested i go to a osteopath but didnt work and the pay keeps coming back and increasing, i want a suggestion if possible and if you can diagnose this situation, i have taken recently an xray which was clear.
Chiropractic along with trigger point massage therapy might help. The massage is extremely important. trigger points can cause referred pain anywhere on your body.
can mid back pain  with burnng sensation be due to stress? or if someone has GERD & hatial hernia

I have been researching back pain recently, adn this site came up.
I just wanted to let you know that the most recent entry (other than yours), is over 4 years old, so you probably won't get any responses. I have heard though, that it can be hiatal hernia, but I don't know any more about them.
Good luck
Hi imatthws,

You know, I've been pannicking over blogs and sites, and Im sure someone will come across this thread at one time or another.

I was experiencing a similar burning sensation.  Alot of times what people wont tell you that a doctor can, is that any sort of "electric" or "cold" or "burning" sensation like that is alot of times nerve related.

To anyone who sees this thread, stop reading the internet.

I drove myself nuts, i thought I had lymphoma, kidney cancer, pancreatitis, adrenal cancer, liver disease and many other things...

Went to the doc, and he said, no, I have a bit of arthritis in my spine and it seems a nerve is being pinched.  

In turn, thats causing a reaction on my nerve ending out on my right flank.  It was too high for kidney and there is nothing there, as far as organs.

So relax, go see your doc, ask them if its possibly a nerve-related issue.

Because for a while, I was a mental basket case scared for my life.  You dont have to be, learn from my mistake.  Dont read the internet, it will cause you nothing but undue stress.

You need a logically thinking human being doctor that has the ability to see your symptoms first hand and has the ability to reason (which computers cannot do..... yet.)

Get to the doc, let em run the tests, the waiting and such will drive you insane but do yourself a favor and fight the urge to self-diagnose yourself from teh web.

Hope you have a great day, enjoy a cup of green tea and enjoy life!! and relax!
Ive been haveing midback pan burning sensations, radiating through my ribs on the right side sometimes i have mucsle spasms in mid back too. ive seen my family doctor, physical therapist, non of that worked got a x-ray and mri. My mom works at a pain therapy clinic went there got diagnoised with facet joint pain, witch affects your nerves so my pain doctors went in my back with a small needle and burnt the nerves by my facet joint that has really helped me and that sounds like it might be what you have too.. I suggest going a pain management dr.  i hope this helps