Women's Health Community
throbbing legs?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

throbbing legs?

I am worried that since starting a new pill, diane 35, i have begun to have terribly painful legs, esp. at night, throbbing,  is this due to pill, or the fact i have just moved to a hot country, or veins, coud be one of number of things??  i am fit and exercise often, i have one child, but have never had any thing like this discomfort, does this sound familiar??
i have been on this pill for 4 months now.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi You need to go see your gynecologist that prescribed the birth control pills.You might have a blood clot in your legs.You need to make an appointment as soon as possible.Birth control pills have been known to cause blood clots.TNT406.
Blank
I have for some years now sufferred with throbbing leg. Usually from the thigh to below the knee. Over the past 12 months been sufferring from both legs throbbing, more so the right leg. I use the term throbbing and not aching as there is a big difference. I dont stand many hours now although i am a very active person. I usually take ibuprophen which is a pefect remedy. My only concern is my long term use of these painkillers.

I have also noticed of late that if i drink alcohol no matter if it is two glasses of wine or a bottle, the pain developes rapidly and all through the night and next day untill i take some tablets. This pain will not subside unless i take some painkillers.

I personally think my blood is restricted in its flow around my legs as that how it feels, but I feel a bit of a fool going to the doctors moaning about my throbbing legs, can you advise please..

I am 38yrs, two children and a very active person. I dont do sport much anymore but have a very active busy lifestyle.

thanks Sophia Bridge
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank