toddler with a vaginal odor

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

toddler with a vaginal odor

I am a little concerned about my daughter who is two and a half and for some time now she has having a really nasty smelling odor from her vagina. there is no discharge but it stinks (it is to the point that I gag). I have had urine test done, blood work and there is no infection, and no uti's . We have done a round of antibiotics and also tried diaper cream. I also tried vaginal cream twice a day for one week. If anyone has any suggestion what it might be please respond.  
ps. I have been ask if she has been sexual abused., I am a stay at home mom and she is only around me, 24/7.
Please Help
Avatar n tn
Maybe it's the laundry detergent. Try using a different brand. If that doesn't help maybe she is allergic to her undies.Try cotton
I have tried all of this. Went to a detergent that was for sensitive skin and changed the clothes size to be less fitting. Any one with any other ideas please feel free to help.
Avatar n tn
i think her diet affects her odors too. Could be too much dairy stuff like cheese and milk and cream. i think drinking more water and more vegetables and less dairy and meat makes a difference
Well she does not eat much meat and eats veggies like crazy. She is a very healthy eater. I sub milk and juice during the day because I was told that although milk is good for you it can also be bad for little ones. I have give her yogurt to for the whole good bacteria and bad bacteria.
maybe its the soap she uses when she takes her baths i know some soaps that do make you stink down there try uses body wash instead of a bar a saop if you use bar soap now..
Avatar n tn
I have been dealing with the same thing with my 2 year old daughter, for a couple months now she has had an odor that smells like something DEAD.  Her doc prescribed her oral yeast med, and it seemed to keep her up fussing all night so i think it was hurting her stomach, so i only gave it to her for 3 days. She has no other symptoms and i dont feel its a yeast infection. If you figure it out, please let me know what you did.
My daughter(dd- I guess) is 3.5 yrs old and I have noticed this with her for the past week.  Tonight was quite bad.  She has also had a good amount of the white stuff, not discharge, just small white specs the size of ground pepper.  Read that the white stuff is no problem and that the vagina is a very good "self cleaning" body part on a woman.  However, I am very concerned about the smell now as I read some medical advice to bring her to the doctor if there is a foul odor.  She is already a "big girl" in her mind and wants to go the bathroom by herself now, common sense would tell me that she is not a pro at wiping yet and this is probably the root cause.  She does not complain about any pain or itchiness.  We do have to use desitin about once every 2 weeks.  She would complain about pain when I wiped the white away from her vagina and I put very little pressure, barely touch her.  We changed wipes and has she has not complained when I wipe.  Still very concerned as I am a guy and feel clueless.  
5 Minute Hip Pain Workout
17 hrs ago by gymdandee
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
Jul 28 by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals