too early for pregnancy symptoms??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

too early for pregnancy symptoms??

CD15 and my bbs are very sore and feeling swollen.  Also noticed my veins darken today.  Had ovulation pain on CD12--would this be way too early to have symptoms??  Pregnancy is a HUGE possibility for me and DH this month, so maybe I'm just obsessing.  What do you think?
  • am i pregnant (1 replies):
    i went on my periods on the 24 July and it lasted until ...[more]
  • TTC (4 replies):
    Okay, thanks to the helpful information I have gather fr...[more]
  • Pregnancy! (4 replies):
    Is 21 days to early to take a home pregnancy test ive ha...[more]
  • Negative 11dpo (1 replies):
    Iv tested at 8dpo, 9dpo, 10dpo and this morning and all...[more]
  • Can I be pregnant (1 replies):
    Hi Doc, I had unprotected sex with my husband twice t...[more]
Too early.

What gives you pregnancy symptoms?  HCG circulating in your bloodstream.  If you ovulated 3 days ago, it would be way too soon to have enough circulating HCG to give you symptoms.  If there were enough, a pregnancy test would show positive.

I'm not saying you aren't pregnant, just that it's too soon to test, too soon to feel anything just yet.  Give it time!  When you have symptoms you can't ignore and it's time for your period, test and hopefully you will get good news.
I know it's certainly too early to test.  Just wondering about the symptoms.  I've read about a lot of ladies who feel symptoms as early as 2 to 3 dpo.  I'm just experiencing some thing much earlier than I normally do before AF, so I thought PG might be why.  I'm probably just really hopeful though:-)

Thanks for the comments!
I knew a week or so after having sex with DH that I was PG - I had heartburn and I was VERY tired and I was dry heaving in the bathroom sink every morning.  DH kept telling me I was PG but I kept saying I wasn't (I was sure I was I was just in shock I guess) well I waited for my period and it did not come - I was one day late (I was usually right on) so I took a test and it was postive almost as soon as the urine hit the test and it was afternoon urine.  It is possible to feel symptoms in about a week or so.  I would wait to test though.  See if your period comes.
I think I'm preg too, I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago, and no period yet, but I have many symptoms of pregnancy back again.

Done 2 tests at 4 weeks, both negative.... but symptoms still there and sometimes get worse.

I dont know when to test again, as I dont know when my period would be due.