Women's Health Community
trying to stop my period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

trying to stop my period

someone on here suggested taking 800 mg of ibuprofen to stop your period. my question is, if i take these, how long does this hold it off for? is this good for just a few hours or is the delay longer?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
thats not going to stop your period but its a sure fire way to mess up your liver! have you read the warnings on medications. ibuprofen is NOT MENT TO STOP PERIODS! deal with it when it comes. its a fact of life. your going to get your period
Blank
You dont understand though when you get your period 24/7 what are you ment to do to stop it? I am going to try it tomorrow and if you do, do this make sure you eat plenty of food whilst doing this. Although I agree that it should not be done everyday because periods are natural and they are a fact of life but for a break once every blue moon I dont see the harm, weather it works or not I dont know I am going to try it though and I will let you know if it works or not.
Blank
let me kno if the ibprophen works i heard it makes your periods heavier idk tho
Blank
1134902_tn?1296069744
I don't know but Due to pain I take 2-4 Advil per day... liquid gels for the past few months and am now considering it may be the reason my last period was so light I didn't need a pad but could also be the reason for my constant spotting... It hasn't stopped bleeding completely tho.
Blank
maybe it does work hmm u kno make it lighter
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979