two periods in one month?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

two periods in one month?

I had a period about 2 weeks ago, and a few days ago i noticed i had started bleeding again, but not that much and the blood is not as bright as my normal periods are and i have no stomach ache (which is unusual for me ) is it possible that i'm having a light period? and so soon after my other one?? if anyone could help as i'm quit worried on what it could be.

tnx
It could be ovulation bleeding.  The timing seems about right for it.
does that involve going to the doctors or anything??
i've been bleeding for 3 days now is this normal?? its just that this has never happened to me before :)

Are you on b/c pills?  If you missed some pills, it might have
started your period again.  If you did miss some pills, you
should use a back-up contraceptive method - i.e. condoms and
talk to your doctor about how to get back on track.
no, i'm not on any pills...
Oh, I didn't realize it had been for three days.  I'm not sure what that could be.  There are all sorts of reasons for irregular menstrual bleeding.  You may want to put a call in to your DR just to ease your mind.
I had two periods in Feb two weeks apart
it doesn't seem to be like a normal period tho, it started on saturday, when i went to the toilet an wipped myself there was quit abit of dark red blood on the tissue, but then after that the colour has faded, like a light pink/browny colour.
ok, i think i'll do that :)
I went to the dr for mine and he said it is just an "dysfunctional period" sometimes that does happen.

Let me know what he says
ok, i have to see the practitioner nurse, shes only there on a wednesday, or do u think i should just go straight to the doctor on wednesday??
I saw my dr so I really don't know if it matters
Ive had bleeding and period like that for months but i have in the past been on  the pill and depo so was told it can take ages to settle down, over a year in my case. Only time doc took more interest was when i was/am trying to concieve (conceive). Term they used with me was break thorough bleeding. I believe every woman is different and it could just be your body sorting its self out , but always get it checked out, it puts you mind at rest, and worry can have an impact on all areas of your health.
im having the same thing, i had a smear in december and since then iv had real periods 2 a month,im on my 4th, my smear came back ok. but im getting really worried. post what th gp says and so will i. yasmin
Hi i have the same question, im 17 and i just finished my period two weeks ago... i then started my bc pills and yesterday i started bleeding(light and not the same color, redish brown)
Please if someone can give me some feedback
Thanks!
ok you see im 17 im not completly sure when my periods are due or if its 28 days or 30. at one point i came on near the end of the month and then it change for the past coulple of month at least its been around the 16th.
i had sex for the frist time on the 2nd of may i blead for a bit after but i guess that was normal we had sex a few time after that aswell around the 8th ithink i started bleading and it was just like my period usally is, on the 18th i had to take the morning after pill(levonelle) because the night befoer when we were having sex the condom split, today yesterday night 23rd-24th i started bleading again like another period i was just wondering if this is normal thing if you can help anwser this for me i would kindly appercaite it thanks
i had a period on the 20th of may and then 11 days after my period i had another one. one day was a little dark while the rest was light pink
i had sex on (jan 3) later that day my period came seem like a reg flow then again on the 30th( lasted two 1/2 days) it came again but was very light. so light i had sex on day 2..i'd taken a hpt once the spotting stopped but it came out neg... whats the odds of that ??
okay i got my period march 5 and about three days(march 22) ago i got like a light pinkish brown color.its not even a flow thought.am i pregnant??if not what could it be??
I've had my period march 1-6 then march 30-apr 3 which was three days after sex and now im feeling crampy,tired and have headaches..could i be pregnant?or (hopefully) could it be because february is a short month?
i had a period in the beginning of may which is normal for me and then another one near the end of may and its june and i usually hav had my period by now but i haven't had it yet, what does this mean? im worried.
i started my period on the 4th of july and it started agian last nignt there is alot today is this normal.i am only 11
my cycle has been all over the place,i had my
period on the third and it ended on the sixth.
this morning I went to the bathroom and noticed pinkish blood and a little stomach pain.
I have had two periods this month as well. My first was June 2-9 and started it again Now(June 20). Both very normal periods with menstrual cramps. It that normal??