ulcer and travel- increasing pain
help! I just traveled to Italy for four months and traveled for 28 hour. I'm currently taking pantoprazole for an ulcer in my stomach. the morning before i traveled i experienced uncomfortable pain but nothing serious. a four on a scale of 1-10. the pain precised through my flight, especially when i hit turbulence. I arrived got a good nights rest went around the city. however when i went home i have half a kabob and now I've been in bed for six hours. some sleep some awake but the pain isn't going away. unlike the pain in the past (which was in one location) this pain is all over my abdominal. I also started my period on the flight and am possible bloating? however this hasn't really happened before.

Does altitude mess with stomach ulcers?
is this possible food poisoning?

I've traveled before and never had problems.

any advice is a huge help!
All these symptoms are of gastritis due to acid reflux from the stomach. It is usually after eating a heavy fatty meal and sedantry lifestyle. It can also be caused by drinking too much alcohol, prolonged use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin or ibuprofen, or infection with bacteria such as Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).

Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.

For now, take some antacid like Maalox and Mylanta or medications like zantac after getting them prescribed from your physician.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.