Women's Health Community
ultra sound blood around placenta
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ultra sound blood around placenta

im 8 weeks pregnant and I was in the ER last night due to pain, turns out it was a 4 cm cyst, but they also found blood around the placenta, there was a strong heart beat.  Is the blood normal? what caused it? thanks
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
they found blood in my placenta while doing my ultrasound as well... the doctor wasnt concerned at all about it.  he said i may have had a minor bleed early on, but it wasn't anything to worry about. If your doc isnt stressing over it, you shouldnt either.
Blank
143952_tn?1237868141
didn't they tell you in the ER?  if they didn't, why don't you call back and ask for an explanation.  they are charging you for their services, after all.  if they can't answer your question tonight, call your OB/GYN in the a.m.
Blank
152339_tn?1189759427
thanks to all, called and they said it may be just a sub-something bleed, not really normal but happens sometimes
Blank
Had exactly the same thing with my second baby at 11 weeks. The bleeding subsided after a day or two and at my next u/s (around 18 weeks) there was no indication of anything. The doctors or sonographer couldn't explain how or why it was there but they did say it can go away and you can have a trouble-free pregnancy. That's what happened to me and he is now a fiery little 3 year old boy!!!
Blank
why would they not tell a parent what blood around the placenta mean it sounds devestating and scary to hear especially when you are first time mothers whom never heard of anything like that they should explain more besides you are paying for their services.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank