ultra sound blood around placenta
im 8 weeks pregnant and I was in the ER last night due to pain, turns out it was a 4 cm cyst, but they also found blood around the placenta, there was a strong heart beat.  Is the blood normal? what caused it? thanks
they found blood in my placenta while doing my ultrasound as well... the doctor wasnt concerned at all about it.  he said i may have had a minor bleed early on, but it wasn't anything to worry about. If your doc isnt stressing over it, you shouldnt either.
didn't they tell you in the ER?  if they didn't, why don't you call back and ask for an explanation.  they are charging you for their services, after all.  if they can't answer your question tonight, call your OB/GYN in the a.m.
thanks to all, called and they said it may be just a sub-something bleed, not really normal but happens sometimes
Had exactly the same thing with my second baby at 11 weeks. The bleeding subsided after a day or two and at my next u/s (around 18 weeks) there was no indication of anything. The doctors or sonographer couldn't explain how or why it was there but they did say it can go away and you can have a trouble-free pregnancy. That's what happened to me and he is now a fiery little 3 year old boy!!!
why would they not tell a parent what blood around the placenta mean it sounds devestating and scary to hear especially when you are first time mothers whom never heard of anything like that they should explain more besides you are paying for their services.