umbilical pain
Hx:I would like more clarification on what may be cause the pain in my navel area.  It use to be a sharp pulling feeling in my navel area that would last just a few minutes before it diminished.  I started experiencing that pain about 10 years ago, when I was in high school.  I thought that maybe i was developing  a hernia of some sort.This time though the pain has come twice in the last 2 months and it last 2+ weeks at a time.  I thought it would go away like last time but that does not appear to be the case.
The pain is primarily on the area left of my navel, and it really hurts when my clothes or anything presses into the navel area.  There is no odor, no discharge.  I have seen 3+ doctors and noone can really tell what it is that is causing the pain.
The last doctor I seen was an ER doctor who said there were no signs of a hernia and the only thing he could see as a possibility is that debris that has collected in between the grooves inside my navel has set up infection or caused the area to become inflammed.

I was advised to take the prescribed antibiotic "Augmentin 875mg 2x day" and clean the area 3 times a day with peroxide, alcohol and then apply neosporin. So right now, I've been treating the area using this procedure for a day and a half right now.  I thought the pain was ceasing but that may not be the case as it is still painful.  Are there any other prognosis someone can give?
I have been having navel pain too, i noticed a little swelling about a year ago in my navel and soon afterwards i started havin pains in my navel area, i fixed an appointment with my dr, nd i went for various ultrasound scans but he said their was nothing wrong with me nd said i shud use various analgesics, but still the pain is increasing nd i feel like my stomach is bloated, cos i used to have a flat tommy but now its bulging like am pregnant, but am not. i dont know if any one can help me on this. am becoming paranoid.
I had woke up one mornIng with pain on my navel. I tried treatin it myself since I have no insurance. But it wouldnt go away all the way. Ended up going to a free clinic. They prescribed me a bacitractin zinc and polymyxin B sulfate ophthalmic ointment USP. Which I have to apply to my navel 3 times a day... It's been clearing up pretty good! Hope I've helped! Try asking churchs and dr offices about free clinics...