underarm cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

underarm cysts

Just sharing/venting.....

I had one underarm bump, assuming it was an ingrown hair I thought nothing of it.  I then got another bump, then another, these "bumps" then joined forces and have become a monsterously painful pit cyst,(MPPC for short). Shortly after another 3 or 4 joined for another MPPC on the same pit.

I can hardly raise my arm for the pain.  I am seeing my Dermatologist this morning (hairy armpit too, for added embarrassment) and if he does not drain the liquid out of these things, I am going to cry, either way something is going to produce a large amount of liquid, it is going to be a terribly (ahem)... draining day.  ( :- (    

Hello :)

Sorry to hear about the cysts, I know they can be quite painful!  Just wanted to say good luck at the doctor today and please, let us know how things go.
Try warm compresses to the area.  Wet a washcloth and put it in the microwave... use it as warm as you can stand (obviously you don't want to add a burn to the current problem).  Do this several times a day, sometimes the cyts will rupture on their own.  I would still keep the appointment with the dermatologist as you may need an antibiotic.  Use antibacterial soap under your arms.  Only use a razor/razor blade ONCE and maybe invest in a better quality one rather than the disposables.  My guess is these are from bacteria that entered the skin after shaving.  So try using the antibacterial soap before you shave and use shaving cream to make the razor glide more easily making it less likely you will cut your skin. Then wash again with antibacterial soap after you shave.  Hopefully that will keep this from happening again.