WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
unprotected sex after period & now having egg-white like discharge...help!!
by worried0817, Apr 19, 2007
Thanks for your previous responses...I have noticed other things...Just to refresh new readers, I am 24 not on BC and have a normal 28-30 day cycle.  I started my period on 4/09 and it lasted till the 12th or 13th.  My fiance & I had unprotected sex on the 14th & the 16th.  I have been having a thick egg-white discharge the past 2 days or so...which I know is common when ovulating...but I thought ovulation was about 14 days form the start of your cycle, which would be the 22nd...Do you get this discharge just before ovulation? or durring ovulation? both?...Is it likely that I'm pregnant? I think it's too early to test, but I'm having my tonsil's out on the 25th.  Please help..I can't get this off of my mind
Member Comments (50)
by spade22, Apr 19, 2007
any time you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant - ANY time (even when you are having your period!).
by mami1323, Apr 19, 2007
Hi worried.  You get egg-white discharge right before ovulation.  This is fertile discharge which enables a man's sperm to be carried to the egg.  If you have this discharge it means that you have a great chance of becoming pregnant at that time.  Given that your cycle varies from 28-30 days means that ovulation may not be exactly 14 days before your next period.  The only way to tell exactly when you ovulate is by charting your temperature.  If you are avoiding getting pregnant be very careful when you see egg-white discharge.  Hope this helps.
by MomOfTwoGrls, Apr 19, 2007
OKAY if I am following this correctly you had unprotected sex on the 14th and 16th,  Then for the last two days making it the 18th and 19th, you have had heavy egg whites dicharge, right.

The egg white discharge is most deffinatly your ovulation, because your periods run between 28 and 30 days your ovulation is going to run between 14th day to the 16th day of your cycle,

What concerns me, because you had sex on the 16th and sperm can live up to 5 days in you, there is a possiblity you may become pregnant.  

If your having surgery on the 25th, which is still too early to tell via pregnancy test if your pregnant I would tell your surgeon the whole story.  Good Luck!
by ladyloula, Apr 16, 2009
me and my fiance had sex two weeks ago, unprotected. he didnt *** inside me he did in his hand after coming out. two days later i had my period which was a little early but its never exactly on time... and after i got off about a week ago i was having normal discharge but just more frequently and today i have noticed a thick gel like discharge... am i ovulating? am i prego? i dont have any soreness in my breasts...
by bubbles193, Jul 30, 2009
we had unprotective sex shorty after my period. i starting to feel nausea with vomiting and without, i have sore, tenderness, tinglin, breast with the nipple and the breast swelling up. i have mild cramping could i be pregnant i need answers. i have these crazy mood swings and starting to get discharge that is pink browny colour, plz help me
by Kim1989, Jul 30, 2009
if your feeling pregnancy sypmtoms you should be able to get a postive hpt if you were pregnant. take a test
by mish26, Nov 27, 2009
Hi I need help!
I had unprotected sex on sunday & yesterday ( thursday ) , my period started the 13th of november and ended the 19th . Am i Ovulating? i had this creamy white discharge since tuesday.. & after i had sex on thursday it seemed as if all the sperm was comming out.. it was a clear drippy discharge which i think is sperm?? so what im trying to figure out is if i can be pregnant? because im trying ... so any help asap would be great!

Thank you!
by JennMS, Jan 07, 2010
The book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler will answer all these annoying questions about your vaginal fluid, and will help you prevent or cause cause pregnancy, without any drugs or condoms!

Eggwhite fluid means you are FERTILE and ovulating!  Since sperm can stay alive inside of you for 5 days, there is a chance to get pregnant if you have had sex (sperm are present in a man's pre-orgasm fluid, so the withdrawal method is not very reliable) right before or right after you notice the egg white fluid.  

Another misconception is the length of a woman's cycle and the timing of ovulation.  Not all women ovulate at 14 days!  Most don't!  If you read the book and track the signs, you will know without a doubt when you are fertile and when you are not.  
by JennMS, Jan 07, 2010