unsure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

unsure

Hi.i posted a comment last week in which i thought i might be preggers. but i was not cause i got my af on tuesday past , which was a week early.normally it is right on time.last month it was a 31 day cycle this i  month a 26 day cycle. could that mess up my ovalution times .i wanted to know is it true that u ovalute 14 days after your period.i think it is , but just need to make sure. thank
You can ovulate at different times throughout your cycle if your period is not regular.  If your period is normally 31 days, maybe it was just a weird month.  I would wait to see what this month is like.  Anything can bring on a late or early AF, stress, change in seasons, and that will change your ovulation day.  The only way to tell what day you ovulate on is by taking you basal body temperature.
You are supposed to count 14 days from the 1st day of your last period to be your ovulation time. Not when your period is over. That's only accurate when your cycle is normal. Stress will cause your cycle to be late, early, light or heavy. I have read that if you go past your normal cycle date that you did not even ovulate for that month. So 26 days may be an accurate time to start counting your 14 days. You are supposed to be able to get preggers 2 days before & 2 days after the 14th day as well. We used this method as birth control for the longest. We had our planned 3rd child then we got my hubby "fixed". Good luck!
Actually - the "14 days" is a complete myth, even with regular cycles. I'm like clockwork, 28 days, and I ovulate on day 9 or 10. The only way you can really know is if you use bbt charting. Over a period of a few months, you will see a pattern that will indicate ovulation occurring (or not occurring).

A VERY good indicator would be to monitor your vaginal discharge. As gross as it sounds, pluck some off the tp when you wipe - if you can stretch it between two fingers at least an inch, you are within your fertile window.

Do a google search on cervical mucous - that will give you more info.
Absolutely true what the poster above says. The only way to know your own body is to chart it and see the pattern. Some days you might ovulate halfway through other times closer to the start or end of your cycle. It all depends on many factors and isn't always regular even on a regular cycle.
Thanks again for all your comments.iam try everyones advice, hope maybe this month i will be lucky.