unusual light period with little blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

unusual light period with little blood

I have a very irregular period, but when I get it, it's pretty heavy. My body has the symptoms of me being on my period at the moment, but I'm only spotting very lightly. There is only a little bit of brownish blood, and I'm hardly even bleeding, which has me concerned. I am not on birth control or been intimate in over 6 months.
How long has it been like this? Did it just start today or has been it light like this for days? If it;s been days then could be wise to take a pregnancy test just to rule that out. If it's just been like that today then it could just be that your period is off to a slow start.
It's been like this for a few days. I'm thinking that since I haven't had my cycle in a while, my body is trying to adjust to it.
Since you've not had a cycle in a while, you're right that it's most likely just your body about to start a period or something. If, however, you've had sex in the past couple of months it wouldn't hurt to take a pregnancy test to rule that out.
My flow returned to normal after a few days and no, I'm not pregnant :)
Thanks for your concern though