unwanted body heat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

unwanted body heat

My body heats up like a furnace, My husband can feel it as it happens. We cannot lay too close to each other or I immeadiately start the heating process. We keep our thermostat at 72 degrees, sleep with a sheet and no night clothes, and needless to say sex is just too hot! no pun intended. I have been through menopause and this is not a heat flash. What else can it be?
Sounds like hot flashes to me.  How long ago did you go through menopause?  Have your periods been over for at least a year?  I know someone who had hot flashes into her 70s.

Check with your doctor, and get some hormone tests run and maybe some thyroid and other tests as well.  
I WISH I HAD AN ANSWER FOR YOU, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MENOPAUSE. I AN 47, AND MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!! I HAVE HAD THIS CONDITION.  I HAVE BEEN NICKNAMED THE FURNACE, THE SUN, HOT WATER BOTTLE. EVEN WHEN MY CHIDREN WERE LITTLE WHEN I GOT UP FROM MY SEAT, THEY WOULD JUMP IN IT, JUST TO WARM UP.  RIGHT NOW IN PITTSBURGH IT IS 40 DEGREES, AND I DON'T HAVE MY FURNACE ON, AND I DON'T PUT IT ON UNTIL IT GETS CLOSE TO ZERO. I AM LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TOO.
i know im not the only one suffering this i know of many others. what is it, why, and whats it,s main cause of it. ive had this since i had i liver transplant just gone five yrs ago. can anyone outhere tell me please. thankypu. JULIE F Glen.
I have had a similar problem most of my life. On top of the furnace like felling I have a very low tolerance for external heat like the sun or hot water - when I get overheated I feel like I'm going to pass out or get sick.
Just recently my doctor put me on high blood pressure medicine called bystolic, and within a week or 2 my body cooled down to the point that my boyfriend asked what happened to my heat :)
I feel a lot better and I'm really surprised at how different this is.
Also I wanted to point out that I'm not saying that the cause is high blood pressure - I was on another high blood pressure medicine last year that regulated my blood pressure but had no affect to my overheating. I'm thinking that it had something to do with this specific drug.
it sounds like i have a similar issue. i am 30 yrs old, i can be cold but from what my boy friend says ' you could burn me' i am hot to the touch, and have a tendancy to get clamy but not often . i am unable to snuggle or sleep close to him, and that bothers me. i am healthy other than this no high blood pressure, or on any other meds except BC. have you heard if it has anything to do with diet?
WELL I AM IN THE SAME BOAT WITH ALL YALL!  I AM CALLED A CONVENTIONAL OVEN AT NIGHT LAYING WITH MY HUSBAND. I CAN'T TELL I AM HOT BUT HE SURE CAN. I HAVE BEEN ON B.C FOR 20 YEARS WHILE ON THE B.C I WENT A WHOLE 2 YEARS NOT HAVING A PERIOD. DOCTOR HAD ME STOP TAKING THEM 2 WEEKS LATER I STARTED HAVING A SO CALLED PERIOD FOR FOUR DAYS .
THE IT JUST STOPPED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY BODY I FEEL GREAT. HAVE I GONE THRU MENOPAUSE AND DONT KNOW IT..