uterine cyst ruptured

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

uterine cyst ruptured

hi, i went to have an ultra sound, both kinds, about a month ago. they said that they found a polyp so they wanted to do a hysterosonogram. well yesterday i went in to have that done (so unbelieveably painful btw) and they said that whatever was on the screen the first time is now smaller and in a lower position meaning it isnt attached to my wall.

well the reason i went in in the first time was because i bled for 10 days in between my normal periods. i have had spotting before but it was normally brown like some just hadnt sloughed off. this time is was normal red color. and i have had lots of pains for a couple years now that i never had before.

so i was wondering, could a uterine polyp or cyst rupture? i was thinking maybe that was the reason i bled and had weird pains for 10 days and now that its smaller maybe it will just pass with my next period. i didnt know if this was possible. my obgyn is supposed to get my reults today but i probably wont hear from her for a week or so. i think my problem is too much estrogen. every symptom i have, excessive weight gain with dieting and excersize, acne out of nowhere, back pains....they all have something to do with increased estrogen levels.

i want to be on a form of birth control with no release of estrogen like an IUD but I didnt know what the hell is floating around in my uterus in the first place. also, they found several ovarian cysts as well in both ovaries. this has been going on for a couple years now and its really aggravating not knowing whats going on. could all this just be odd hormones? if i switch to an IUD will my cysts go away?

i have been with my boyfriend for about a year and 9 months so the risk of PID is lower and have already been tested negative for HIV. im just really at a loss as to why i have breakthrough bleeding, crazy pains and cysts/polyps that rupture almost every month.
Cysts are fluid filled, and can rupture.  Polyps are not fluid filled and can't rupture.  They can bleed, and I suppose they could detach although that doesn't happen all the time.  An IUD will not make the ovaries stop having cysts, although going on a birth control pill may do that.  Good luck!
im already on the pill and have been for 4 years. will i ever stop having cysts? im at a loss of what to do. sometimes when they rupture it hurts so bad that i throw up for hours. one time i threw up so violently that i had broken blood vessels all over my face. i just want all these crazy growths to go away. and no one seems to be interested in how to help. they see "well this didnt do it" then give up and dont say anything else