vagina oder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vagina oder

i have a problem my vaginal has a oder and i have a disscharge  i dont burn, cramp, but it like a thick white substance
you may have a yeast infection.  if it's your first one, you should probably see a doctor for a proper diagnosis before using home treatment.
Go to the doctor! It won't go  away if you don't do something. It sounds like a yeast infection, but if it was it would itch. I'm not sure.Go to the doc. you can't ignore it.
You also may have Bacterial Vaginosis which is more common than a yeast infection and clears up easily with antibiotics. Either way, see a dr. because you shouldn't diagnos a vaginal infection on your own. Good luck!
Yeast infections dont necessarily have to itch.  If it was a yeast infection, there would be a slight odor like baking bread.  If it's a strong fish like odor its most likely bacterial vaginosis and you would need to get antibiotics to clear it up.  Good Luck!
What it sounds like you have is Bacterial Vaginosis like the other post said but DO NOT try to treat that like a normal yeast infection. This is something that is completly different and your doctor would have to prescribe you medication to treat this problem. I had this before and I was given a 1 day prescription. But a yeast infection cream will not get rid of this problem, it will not even treat it because they are different things.

Please go to the doctor and get this treated because it will not get better on its own, and I am sure that you do not want to cause your body any harm.

Best of luck
I have an odor that smells like B.O. I get it pretty often, not all the time. I have gotten it ever since i was 13. It's so embarrassing. I hate to go to the bathroom where i know someone else is going to go in behind me. I don't want them to smell it. I have never heard of a B.O. odor coming from down there before. Have any of you? What is it and what do you do about it? I take a shower everyday and sometimes when i come home that evening I'll smell like it. Sometimes it is very strong and other times it's not. The smell is usually just in my panties. Please help!
hi, im 17 and have never had sex. i have a strange oder. its sometimes fishy, but mostly...idk unpleasent. i also have disscharge ALL the time. its not colorful, mostly clear. i have it even when the smell isn't all that strong. i've had it for awhile. what do you'all think it is? should i be worried? also, sometimes i use lotion to cover up the smell. is that bad for me? what kind of products should i use?
It's a type of yeast infection, there's different types out there. go to you OBGYN to confirm it.
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading around the forums to try to pinpoint my lovely issue. For the past few years, I have had abdominal pains in between periods, and of course, cramps during my period. My period is due this week and i am having worse pains than usual. I am sexually active, but with only one person for the past 6 years. I have had a fishy like odor along with a clearish discharge (sometimes it looks lightish brown/yellow) basically since I started having sex (about 5 years ago) and more recently in the past week. I have had MULTIPLE papsmeres, and have been tested for pretty much every single STD, everything comes back normal. The doctors say that aren't seeing any problems. I always shower right before going to my doctors office for a papsmere, but there is definetly something going on with me. I am wondering if, I should not shower before going for a papsmere? I feel bad for the doctor that has to do it! I am also wondering if it would help to not use any soap when i wash? I only take showers, never baths. I do wear pantiliners, and thats when i notice the difference in color of my discharge. I have no health insurance right now so I am trying to know what my problem is before having a bunch of appointments. I know this is not gonnorrhea, and i have no pain or soreness on my vagina. I do have pain during and after intercourse, sometimes followed by blood spotting. I read on another website that you can sometimes use patroleum jelly on bacterial vaginosis? Or something called "yoghurt" to put on the vulva? Anyone have suggestions?? Please? :(  
I'm like you i need answers too!!I have had this problem for 10 or so years. I change my undies every day sometimes twice and shower all the time.My daughter will come into the restroom when i'm going and cover her nose the smell is so bad at time.Even after i shower i will see if it has an odor and it still does!!Have you had any answers on what to do?