vaginal bleeding after bowel movement??
What would cause vaginal bleeding after a bowel movement? (definitely vaginal bleeding, not rectal).  I would consider my bowels very regular (once daily) and I am not constipated (not straining, no hard stools).  This occurs only the week before my period is due to start.  My periods occur every 3 weeks and they last for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, which leaves me only 5-7 days of "freedom" and not worrying about bleeding or spotting.
wow- your periods last that long. Have u thought about getting on the pill to regulate ur periods? Talk to the dr about the bleeding if u are concerned. Is the bleeding heavy or just spotting?
I was on the pill before, but b/c of side effects, it was recommended that I stop.  My blood pressure was pretty elevated, so the dr switched me to a mini pill (progestin only) called Micronor.  I had erratic spotting with it, so that one doesn't work.
I went to the dr and my ultrasound and pelvic exam was normal.  He gave me a rx for Provera, but I haven't started that yet.
I would say that I have spotting for the first 7-10days and then my actual period comes for 2-3 days and then back down to a pantiliner for 3-5 days.
Any ideas?