vaginal bleeding after bowel movement
Not all the time, but periodically, I have bright red bleeding from my vagina after a bowel movement.  It's not hemorroids, unless those are able to be located in my vagina.  The red bleeding stopped pretty much right away, then I spot brownish discharge for several days later.  I don't have periods anymore, and I'm not pregnant, I had the Novasure procedure done that carterizes the capillaries inside your uterus.  That was done November 30th and I've not had a period since November 19th.  I've had this bleeding problem for years now and thought that once my periods stopped that the problem would stop as well.  I don't have polyps or fibroids because I was checked before my procedure in November.  So those things are ruled out. I thought that because I had heavy periods before the procedure that maybe the bleeding was because I just had so much blood building up on the inside of my uterine wall because it would usually happen after ovulating and the blood would begin to build up.  But now, since I don't have periods, I would think that there shouldn't be any blood in my uterus or I'd be having periods.  Maybe my thinking is wrong.  I have annual exams, just had one this month, and everything checks out fine.  When examined about 5 years ago for this problem, the doctor could not find any problems with my uterus at all.  So I'm curious as to whether the source of the bleeding could be something else.  Please help with any thoughts.
Well i am having the same issue.  I had to miscarriages back to back one in sept then one in nov. I had a d&c with the last one.  Since then my periods are all screwed up and I am going back to the doc tommorrow  and i am not leaving with the answer  "your just stressed".  I bleed days before my period and days after like you said when i have a bowel movement. I'll let you know what the doc says.  Please let me know if you find anything out as well. I would appreciate it.
Hi, I just had the same thing happen to me.  There was very little blood coming from my vagina after I had a bowel movement.  I also worked out this morning.  I'm 21 and my I'm on the 12th day of my cycle.  This has happened one other time to me.  I have no idea what it is...so if anyone has any ideas about what it could be...please let me know.  I'll probably go to a gyno if this keeps up.
Well, I have talked to my doctor a few times about my problem.  He seems to think that my cervix just gets a little infected and then bleeds when bumped.  During my annual exam last year, he noticed that my cervix bled when he was doing my exam and it shouldn't have unless it was infected or something like that.  All my paps are fine so not any signs of cancer or pre-cancerous cells.  He suggested treating the infection with vaginal creams, but I hate those creams because they wind up making me have a really bad infection and I hurt and it doesn't fix the problem.  Here's what I have personally noticed since talking with my doctor.  He says that my theory doesn't really make any medical sense and maybe it's just a unique situation for me.  But... I have noticed that after going two days without intercourse, I begin to have a smelly, creamy discharge and if I go one more day without sexual intercourse, then I will bleed the next time I have a bowel movement.  I have noticed this especially when I have to work out of town and I'm away from home for a week.  Like clockwork, every Wednesday morning (after leaving out on a Sunday night) I will bleed when I have a bowel movement.  However, if I have sexual intercourse every day or at least every other day, I don't get the discharge (signifying infection) and I don't bleed. Now every 3 to 4 months I spot, but I had the Novasure procedure and don't have periods and I think the 3 to 4 months spotting issues are me having a light period because I cramp then, where I don't the other times I spot.  My theory is that the regular sexual intercourse causes my body to emit fresh fluids and kind of flush out what's been sitting there, thus keeping my ph level where it needs to be to prevent infection. Everything I read though, states that sexual intercourse is one of the things that can trigger the infections.  So I don't know why it works with me but it does.  My husband loves it. :)  Which, I enjoy it as well. Don't know if it'll work for anyone else or not.  I know that I don't have any problems with dryness during intercourse or hurting of any kind, so I'm able to have intercourse regularly with no problems.  I am healthy (vaginal-wise) with the exception of the bleeding thing. Maybe this will help someone else.  Like I said, my doctor thinks my theory is crazy and so will every other doctor out there from what I read online.  All I can say is that for some crazy reason, it has been working for me.
Well I have had the same trouble as you all.  Today my OB figured out what is going on.  I have LGSIL.  It is a form of HPV.  You all may want to get tested.
Just another woman here to say I'm post NovaSure and have the exact same issue, bright red spotting after bowel movements! Annoying!
Same thing happened to me except I haven't had my period and I haven't been stressed latley until the 3rd day of my missed period and me and my boyfriend did mess around but we didn't actually have intercourse I'm only 16 and I shouldn't be having these kinds of problems, I've been having period symptoms but nothing has happened till now but there is like no more blood now and I'm scared someone email me at
******************
To help me it would really be appreciated
Thank you
I'm 22, have had Implanon for 2 years. For the past 6 months or so, my periods have been regular, with extra on and off spotting/bleeding in between. It's pretty tiring. I am HPV positive, colpolscopy showed no cancer though. During the screening though, I had noticed a sort of irritation on the outside wall of my cervix, the dr said it was nothing. But I too, bleed after having a bowel movement. It normally doesn't happen unless I've recently had my period. Like this time, I've finally began having just the brown discharge, I go to the bathroom, and boom, blood. Usually it stops after I wipe, maybe a couple of times. I have never douched, I've always heard it increases risk of infection, but others say it helps get old junk out that isn't normally let out. Idk. I don't feel comfortable with it. And I don't use tampons. I use pads and panty liners and wipe the area regularly with hypoallergenic baby wipes. I'm not sure if it's just the virus that causes all these weird things to happen, but I go back to the dr in June to get another pap smear. If it comes back normal, I'll go back to my annual paps, if abnormal, I'll get another colpolscopy. Whether it's normal or not, I hope this time I get some d*** answers, because it is all starting to mess with my routine.