vaginal discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

vaginal discharge

I had sex with my boyfriend last month nd it's  my first sex but I don't know  why since then I had a yellow thin discharge  with a bad odour. M afraid if anything abnormal in this and I hesitate consult doctor in clinics could you please help me out with this priblem.....
Thank you
It can be due to bacterial vaginosis or due to Chlamydia. It is possible to get false positive or false negative results with the standard tests for Chlamydia. Hence it would be wise to repeat the tests. Else you can opt for specific tests for Chlamydia which include Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT, to find the genetic material of Chlamydia), Nucleic acid hybridization tests (DNA probe test, Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA, EIA), Direct fluorescent antibody test (DFA) or chlamydia culture.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals