vaginal discomfort
I've had many vaginitis episodes since I started menopause 2 years ago.  However in late February I had another episode of E. coli vaginitis. After a bout of augmentin the symptoms of burning and irritation remained. The Gyn. switched me to cravit and did a culture which showed no more bacteria.  The burning, irritation and vaginal discomfort remained.  They gave all kinds of ointments and nothing helped.  Finally I told the doctor that I started "indoor cyling" since December and whether they could be causing my symptoms.  The doctor did not know.  I finally went through another gynecologist who said I was fine ( normal pap smear and pelvic ultrasound). I googled "vaginal discomfort from bicycling" and something called "pudendal neuralgia" came up.  I seemed to have all the symptoms of this ailment.  From that point on I suffered so much anxiety that my vagina was burning all the time.  I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep and I lost weight.  I got so fixated on this "pudendal neuralgia" thing that I was having anxiety attacks all the time.  My family doctor finally sent me to a "pelvic floor disorder" expert and she reassured me I didn't have PN. I was still not convinced so I went to see an urologist who also I didn't have this disorder.  But my vagina was still burning and irritated and sometimes I felt like there was something inside knifing me.  The family doctor finally sent me to see a psychiatrist who prescribed me "lyrica" to help with my  anxiety.  After 2 days of that I felt worse because of the massive side effects.  I ditched both my family doctor and psychiatrist and finally found a good reliable internist who said I have "atrophic vaginitis".  She prescribed me vagifem pessary.  After 4 days of this I still have irritation, pin and needles feeling inside my vagina.  Sometimes when I sit that area gets more irritated.

My question is can I be suffering from atrophic vaginitis which can cause such awful symptoms: burning, irritation, itching needle poking sensation and an overall sensation like I am constant having a pelvic exam done.  This pain is 7/24. Sometimes its better and other times when I am anxious I am in AGONY!!  I am just hoping that these doctors did not miss something.  

Thank you.
jiou
I am just worried