vaginal hematoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vaginal hematoma

I didn't know what catagory to put this one in, but here's my story.  I went boating this past weekend and was climbing from one boat to another - climbing over the boats metal rub rail (the railing on most bigger boats) and my foot slipped, free falling right on my vagina.  OUCH!  It swelled up to the size of an ORANGE.  I'm not kidding.  An orange.  This happened Thursday night and this is now Tuesday night.  After I iced it all night (put-in-bay ohio does not have any doctors or hospitals on the island) and went to the ER the next day on the main land.  The ER doctor said it's a blood pocket or hematoma, and he didn't want to drain it bc of infection in that area with a hole being poked.  The swelling for the most part has gone down, I'm just dealing with a golf ball size blood pocket on my libia and the inside area (just below my clit).  When will this go away???  When should I get worried?  I don't have insurance, and I'm having trouble seeing an OBGYN because I'm a new patient everywhere I go.  I normally see the doctor at "Planned Parenthood" for my routine checkups.  What do I do?  I've been icing it everyday almost 20 hours a day just bc it makes it feel good - but now it's almost like my lips are chapped from the cold.  I also got a Sitz bath and have been sitting in that for 20 minutes warm water.  I just want to know how long this will take to go away and how the heck can a blood pocket just disappear???
Please help.
Hi I went on the inter net and done some research before I answered your post.With a hematoma that size it is unlikely it will go away on its own.Can you make an appointment with Planned ParentHood now that you are back home.You really do need to seek medical help for this.Still continue the ice treatments,and use something for the chapping of your vaginal lips maybe some vaseline would help.Try to make an appointment for tomorrow if you haven't all ready seeked medical attention.I hope you have though.Check back in with me and let me know if you have or not.TNT406.