vaginal irritation and itching after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Almost every time my boyfriend and I have sex I get really irritated and a litttle red and itchy on my inner labia and just on the inside of my vagina.  The itching is weird too because it seems to be in just one tiny area on the bottom of the right labia.  It usually get irritated about 24 to 48 hours after we have sex and goes away within 3 to 5 days.  I also notice more vaginal discharge than normal, it's not a weird color and doesn't smell.  

It might help to know that he's uncircumsized, but he does clean really well under the skin.  We've been together about 2 years and it started happening off and on pretty soon after we started dating.  He also got a yeast infection a few months after we were dating, I might have given that to him.  I wonder if we're passing a little yeast back and forth, it seems to help with the itching if I use a little yeast infection cream.  I'm pretty sure it's not a std because I got tested before moving here and my boyfriend hadn't been with anyone for about 4 years before we got together.  

I know almost 2 years is a long time to wait without seeing the doctor but it's been off and on and I moved to a different country i the EU where they don't speak english and have been worried about being able to explain stuff to her.  I can now but was hoping someone here had an idea what it might be.  

Thanks!
Are you on birth control or does he use condoms? If he uses condoms, you may be having an allergic reaction to the latex? Just a thought... If it's a yeast infection, you can probably try like...lamisil or something like that to kill fungus.  Hope you feel better!