vaginal itching and redness

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

vaginal itching and redness

im 20 years old and during my period i use pads only and when i do i start itching really bad.Well when i started itching this time it was worse than usual.I started scratching and it made me really red and some of my skin started coming off.It kind of burned to walk.I figured maybe i had a yeast infection so i used some over the counter medicine and the itching is pretty much gone and so is the redness but i still have very dry skin and you can see some of it peeling off.Can you tell me what might be causing this?.I also have a yellowish odorless discharge but not all the time.
change your pads, try a different brand. Do you use the ones with the dry-weave top layer? if so, change to always or kotex that have the cotton top layer.
I agree w/the above poster, Id say its ur pad.  Do you use tampons too?  Sometimes its nice just to forget the pad & use a tampon for awhile.. kind of air out!  LoL
Yellowish discharge suggests infection; chlamydia, gonorrhea, and trichomonas all would be good bets, but of course the likelihood depends on whether you are at risk for STD.  Itching like you describe sounds like a good bet for a yeast infection.

Bottom line:  Stop relying on nonprofessional advice from online sources.  See a health care provider.

HHH, MD
Do both!  See a DR and change your pads.  Try using Natracare.  They are made without bleach.  Most pads and tampons are full of toxins and this can cause reactions, particularly if you have sensitive skin.  It does sound like there may be something more serious going on though, so you definitely need to get a DRs opinion.
We're so glad that you pop over here every once in a while..it is great to have you answer posts!
Just wanted you to know we appreciate it.
MH
Thank you for your sound advice!  So many questions people have could be answered if they would go to their own doctors and not rely on opinions from this forum.
well i dont have a doctor yet.I just moved to georgia not that long ago so i havent gotten a chance to go out and find me a doctor.
Are you using any kind of birth control?
Des_a_rae Ironic? Had a dream last n... Comment
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
How Bad Science and Big Business Cr...
19 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals