vaginal mesh removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vaginal mesh removal

I am married mommy of 4, a hard worker and a lover of life. I am emailing you to see if you have delt with any of the vaginal mesh issues that are going on all over the world. I have had problems for you but this year they have escalated to the point of losing my ability to play with my kids, my store, my dignity and almost my marriage.
I had my bladder sling(Boston Scientific- Lynx)  done in 2006 to treat UI (urinary incontinence) . The DR. told me and my husband that he does these vaginal slings all the time and there would be no health risks at all. Since then my bladder is way worse and just does its own thing if I cough, laugh. run. jump or even just stand up. I go to the bathroom and I lean over to be sure my bladder is empty, I stand up, get dressed and I pee all over the floor. I feel like something is constantly stabbing me in my pubic area.
Pain during sex, constant pelvic and lower back pain, feel pain all the time in lower area and bladder spasms are constant. The surgery only worked less than a year and my symptoms came back with a vengeance. I went back to my Dr. and he said to take these pills but they did not work so at this point I gave up.

My problems got worse then I went to family  Dr. she thought I may be premenopause, she checked my blood, etc. everything was perfect, and she shrugged it off as me being depressed and prescribed me an antidepressant. I  did not fill the Rx because as I told her, I was not depresses, I just did not feel well and my relationship with my husband and our sex life is suffering.
I am 42 not over weight (136lbs). My husband and I have separated over this twice. In 2009 the bleeding was so bad they removed my cervix and uterus but that did not help the pain and discomfort and I still bleed from time to time after sex. I have now given this up due to how uncomfortable it is.

This year got so bad that we closed my store down August 1st because I would just stand up and my bladder would go all over the floor right in front of customers. I have since seen another UI specialist (Urogynecologist)  and he told me I needed another sling put in. I asked him if we could check the one currently in me for erosion and breakage and he said no, "you will have to go to the Dr. that put it in and see if he will take it out. He told us that if they took it out it would put a hole in my bladder. He sent me on my way without addressing any of my pain issues.
My husband and I decided to go out of network and pay a Dr. ourselves out of pocket ($600.00) in the hopes someone would help me. So I was given a bladder cystoscopy on the inside of my bladder and was told I was fine in there. Then the Dr. said I needed a CAT scan to see if I now have (POP -pelvic organ prolapse). This scan showed that I have 2 tiny cyst , one on each ovary but that they are normal. I was told to give it a few months as they usually go away on their own. and I should come back in a few months because the bladder test did show that my bladder was still leaking . I am once again left with this pain, embarrassment and frustration and no one to listen.

If you can help or know of any help out there can you please let me know. I have become a recluse in my own home now and this is where I work. I do not go out unless I absolutely have to due to this problem. I just want my life back and want to be able to just on the trampoline again with my kids and not have to wear a diaper or pad all the time.
Have you been through this or any of it?

This discussion is related to Groin pain after TVT surgery.
0%
 (0) 
I had the mesh removed with success
0%
 (0) 
I still have problems with the mesh
0%
 (0) 
Dr.'s will not address this issue with me
0%
 (0) 
Dr.'s say it's all in my head
0 Members voted
Tags: mesh, vaginalmesh, UI, uranry incontinence, mesh pain, sling, pubovaginal sling