WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
vaginal smell after sex
by barelymarried, Sep 03, 2006
I am 21 years old and have been married for almost 4 months. I have noticed that after sex, I have a foul smell from my vagina. My husband and I were both virgins when we got married, and obviously there is no one else. I always empty my bladder and clean off after sex. The smell seems to be more noticable if we've had more sex in a short period of time. Also the smell doesn't show up until usually the next day, but lingers for a day or two! I feel like the whole world can smell it! Also, there is no discharge, and I've had yeast infections before so I know its not that. I am on birth control, ortho tricyclin.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do about this! Otherwise I have my yearly appt in 3 months....
Member Comments (285)
by AnnieBrooke, Sep 03, 2006
It sounds a lot like bacterial vaginosis, an infection noted specifically for a foul smell.  Probably should push up your ob-gyn appointment and see if they will check for it.  Both partners should be treated, if that is what it is.
by islandprincess, Sep 04, 2006
that sounds like an yest infection in deed.....& remember sperms live up to about 2 days in a ladies vagina so hence the reason for the smell lasting for 2 days & more...so really check  OB on the real hon...one island love...:)
by lucylocket2, Sep 04, 2006
I agree with both of the above. What about using a douch? Wonder if that would help for the time being. I was so worried when I first got married I did it a lot. Your not suposed to though. So. I saved the bottle and filled it with warm water and did it that way. I don't know if it's good or not. I would post and ask other people too. Try eating yogurt. It will help.
by mslkpage, Sep 05, 2006
Sometimes, it's scary what gets posted on here, and sometimes, it's just damn silly. All of us TTC'ers would be reeking to high heaven if the sperm was making us funky.

barelymarried, it does sound like BV. See if you can't move your dr's appt. up. Call and tell his nurse about your symptoms, and I bet they can get you in early.

by Wanting, Sep 05, 2006
LOL you are too funny!  I agree with you.
by islandprincess, Sep 06, 2006
by mslkpage, Sep 06, 2006
She's not saying that sperm can't live for 2 days. She's saying that is NOT what causes odor.

Seminal fluid mixing with the bacteria caused by BV can cause odor, but this has nothing to do with how long sperm live.

by Mertek, Sep 06, 2006
I read that sperm living for two days makes you stinky and I just about fainted. I wondered if my coworkers could smell something I couldn't!! Hahahaha

Barelymarried, like others have said, go to the dr and have him/her check for the BV.

If all else fails hang an air freshener tree from your belt loop. :)