vaginal smell after sex
I am 21 years old and have been married for almost 4 months. I have noticed that after sex, I have a foul smell from my vagina. My husband and I were both virgins when we got married, and obviously there is no one else. I always empty my bladder and clean off after sex. The smell seems to be more noticable if we've had more sex in a short period of time. Also the smell doesn't show up until usually the next day, but lingers for a day or two! I feel like the whole world can smell it! Also, there is no discharge, and I've had yeast infections before so I know its not that. I am on birth control, ortho tricyclin.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do about this! Otherwise I have my yearly appt in 3 months....
It sounds a lot like bacterial vaginosis, an infection noted specifically for a foul smell.  Probably should push up your ob-gyn appointment and see if they will check for it.  Both partners should be treated, if that is what it is.
that sounds like an yest infection in deed.....& remember sperms live up to about 2 days in a ladies vagina so hence the reason for the smell lasting for 2 days & more...so really check  OB on the real hon...one island love...:)
I agree with both of the above. What about using a douch? Wonder if that would help for the time being. I was so worried when I first got married I did it a lot. Your not suposed to though. So. I saved the bottle and filled it with warm water and did it that way. I don't know if it's good or not. I would post and ask other people too. Try eating yogurt. It will help.
Sometimes, it's scary what gets posted on here, and sometimes, it's just damn silly. All of us TTC'ers would be reeking to high heaven if the sperm was making us funky.

barelymarried, it does sound like BV. See if you can't move your dr's appt. up. Call and tell his nurse about your symptoms, and I bet they can get you in early.

LOL you are too funny!  I agree with you.
I read that sperm living for two days makes you stinky and I just about fainted. I wondered if my coworkers could smell something I couldn't!! Hahahaha

Barelymarried, like others have said, go to the dr and have him/her check for the BV.

If all else fails hang an air freshener tree from your belt loop. :)
She's not saying that sperm can't live for 2 days. She's saying that is NOT what causes odor.

Seminal fluid mixing with the bacteria caused by BV can cause odor, but this has nothing to do with how long sperm live.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Maternal/archive/3106.html......read it >...:)
lol.....ok....guys what is BV???
Go back up to AnnieBrooke's answer. BV = bacterial vaginosis.
i have been teated for bv and all the other infections there are, and have come back clean. the odor is only after sex, and lingers for about two days. if we use a condom- no odor, any sggestions?
i should clarifyprevious statement.  i have been treated for bv. i have been tested for other infections and they are negative i have been married for 3 yrs now and there is no cheating from either of us.
I have had the same problem for a while. I have been married for 6 years. I only have the odor the next day after having intercourse and it lasts for about 2 days. After this there is no odor. If we use a condom, there is no odor at all for me either.

I will say it is nice to hear that someone else is experiencing this. I do know for a fact that I do not have any diseases. And yes, any suggestions would be helpful for me also.
i have had the same problem...and I am also free of any infections or diseases....so there is a reason...but what can we do to fix it?
Re: Vaginal odor 1-2 days after ejaculation

Have the same problem with my current partner-- Gyno advised the PH of his semen was probably different than my vagina, resulting in a nasty smell.  The problem is easily solved by having him not ejaculate inside me!  :)
they have this new product called refresh, you can use it after sex and it helps cause I was on orthro tri cyclen lo, and I seemed to have the same problem cause we had sex sometimes 4 times a day and the best thing to do is take a shower and wash up really good.
I have been searching now for an hour to find out why my boyfriend's semen seems to make my vagina smell HORRIBLE.  I am glad to see it is just not me that has this problem!  That is interesting what someone posted about his PH being different.  Does that rePHresh stuff actually work I wonder?? Has anyone used  it after sex to successfully prevent this?
Rephresh is used every three days and the whole ph thing is what causes this most of the time. the vagina is acidic, with a natural ph level of around 4.5. your partners semen may be a little higher than this which makes the vagina more basic than it should causing the annoying smell, sometimes comes with itching too. rephresh is a vaginal gel that helps maintain the vagina's ph to a healthy level getting rid of this problem altogether. I hope rephresh helps you because having the odor can be problematic at times, and may affect your sexual activities. good luck ladies!
im so glad that im not the only one with this problem.we are trying for a baby and i thought that maybe his semen was bad or something.so hopefully this will not hurt us while trying to get pregnant.thank you ladies.
i had protected sex with my boyfriend this afternoon and within a span of 15 mins, he inserted in twice, both times with new condom (he came the first time outside).
however, my vagina smells really strong, even up to now.
why????