vaginal tear, fissures, herpes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vaginal tear, fissures, herpes

Ok so recently I noticed like a cut inbetween my libia major and and i guess libia minor. (my outer and inner lips) Its almost like a paper cut! It started to get a bit white around the outside, like excess white discharge! Its terribily painful and I have the urgency to pee a lot! I recently went to my doctor, and she took one look and said its Herpes. But i swear its not!! I dont have any bumps or warts or white/red/puss bumps anywhere around my vagina. My doctor has done this before.. She told me once I had herpes, and it turned it just be a Bacterial infection.

Im 19 and i attend college, and honestly I think my doctor is just so used to seeing Herpes, she just automaticlaly assumes. I read other forums on here, and i am so relieved to hear that Im not the only one having this problem!! I was absolutely shocked and terrified when I heard Herpes. Im going to see a new doctor and try to get a better answer, because the symptoms I have just arent adding up to Herpes. I am having some thick white discharge, like  yeast infection. And then the cuts inbetween my lips which are causing huge amounts of pain.

If anyone knows what im going through, or can help me anyway, please help!! Im glad to kno im not the only who has been going thru this... and hopefully all test will come out negative...
could be.  I had similar symptoms in college (long time ago 15 yrs) too, only BAD.  It was herpes.  Swab test confirms in few minutes.  If she did not do this she could not tell for sue.  Yeast inf. type symptoms also, could be "inside".  Bad, but medications like valtrex are a life saver.  you can take them daily or as you notice symptoms that occur before outbreak such as pain, tingling, burning, may not break out at same place each time and will be worse when you are tired and stressed out.  I think 1st outbreak usually takes about 2 weeks to happen, what about achy legs and flu/fever?  If you do have it, please know that a lot of people do and it will be ok,  I have not infected parters, my husband of almost 14 years is free, and I have had 2 vaginal births.  Please have annual pap tests.  I have had dysplasia twice.  Please try to practice safe sex too, I know several people who were not lucky enough to just have herpes, they have HIV and contracted it very young.
I also think it sounds suspicious for herpes, especially becuase it's reoccuring.  You need to have a specific type blood test done, i.e. 1&2.  Also, have the cut cultured within the first 24 - 48 hours of it's appearance.  It could also be a wicked yeast infection.  But yeast & herpes are often confused with one another.  So you should definatley have a culture and blood test done for herpes, just to rule it out.  Good luck
Ok i know what you are going through been there and done this... Totally same thing it looks like a paper cut but hurts like hell...  I went the the doctors the day this happened and i told him i think it is herpes he took one look at it and told me that did not agree with me that he thinks it is a yeast infection releated thing so he gave me some cream took some samples and away i went relieved and std free... It turns out that i had a huge amount of yeast down there and that it spread to the outside and left the nasty bump i only had one bump and that is what made him think it wasn't the herpes that and he told me it doesn't look the same,,, so keep your head up go to a different doctor and tell the doctor you want tested for yeast.. it is  a scary thing but it happens
hello..for about 1 week now I have been very itchy around my vagina region. I have had 2 yeast infections before and it feels very similar to that. Except with the 2 yeast infections i knew they were because when my fiance and i would try to have sex it would hurt and that is when i figured out it was a yeast infection. But this time there is a new symptom. I have 2 little cuts between my major lip and my clit. They look and feel like little paper cuts. I have never had these before, so i am very nervous and wondering what im supposed to do. My fiance and I have been together for 4 years and he is the only guys ive ever been with and im the only girl he's ever been with and we have both had std tests before to make sure that we dont have any. So i dont think it is herps but im not 100% sure im not sure how i could of gotten it if it is that. I am going to try to get into a doctor sometime this week and hopefully they can tell me what is going on. If anyone has any information at all for me please let me know i am very concerned,
im not sure if this is where i should post this but im going to give it a shot.. so i am 18 years old and ive had a boyfriend that is in the navy.. we only get to see each other when he is on leave so that is the only time we can have sex.  he is big and it always hurts the first time we do it when we havent seen eachother in a while.  well over the long weekend i saw him and we went to a wedding.. we both got very drunk and had sex. we didnt use a condom and from what i rememberit was really rough. (sorry for the details.)  well the next day when we woke up we tried to have sex again.. we started but then had to stop because it was stinging and burning.. ever since then the pain is unbearable.  it kills to pee and walk. it even hurts when im laying down.  i went to the doctors and she thought it was a uti, she perscribed me medicine but it didnt help so i went back.. she gave me an exam and said she saw a cut but she didnt know what it was from.. im so nervous it is herpes and i have been in so much pain..  can anyone help?!?!?!?!!?
Good afternoon everyone,
     So a week ago me & my boyfriend spent the week together. We had sex every night, we used a condom about 70% of the time but he never came inside of me. I shaved down there, twice, and noticed no irritation. I came back on Thursday afternoon and felt fine. The next day, he tells me that he noticed a swollen lymph node in his groin and this began to concern me. I looked down there with a mirror to examine myself. I noticed a wound on my lower labia, it isn't painful or itchy and it does not bleed, and I also noticed that there are tiny cuts by my vaginal opening. I have accepted the fact that it could be herpes. But could it possibly be a sore from continuous, daily rough sex? He was pretty rough & I was pretty dry. I have sensitive skin (eczema) so I am just wondering, as it does not look like the pictures of herpes I am seeing online. I know not all signs are typical but still. I am wondering if it could possibly be ANYTHING else other than herpes. Is it possible to get a herpes sore without it blistering first? I feel like I would have noticed something like that before it ruptured. I have no other symptoms, I feel fine, it does not hurt to urinate, and I do not feel any pain except a bit of a sting from the wound against my underwear, but it currently looks like it is getting 'better' from the Neosporin I have been applying to it. I went to the gyno today to do blood work & to get the sore cultured. The nurse practitioner, who I do have faith in as a physician, said by looking at it that it does in fact look like the primary outbreak of herpes. But I can't help but feel like I disagree :\ It just doesn't look the same to me. She said in 20 years she has only been wrong twice, and I'm hoping that this will be her 3rd misdiagnoses. I have accepted the fact of what it may be, but I can't help but have hope. Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Pray for me.