vaginal ulcer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vaginal ulcer

7G3WI've been suffering from an ulcer on the inside of my vagina wall for about 8 mos. now.  It's very painful during intercourse but otherwise it doesn
Don't worry about it now until you heal and find out. The only thing you can do is wait...
Hi, for a year and a half i've had two vaginal ulcers right under the opening of my vagina, i've been to the GUM clinic who then reffered me to a Dermotologist who then referred me to a Gynacologist, i've been on 5 different types of cream and medication in this time and today i saw my gynacologist who told me there was nothing she could do for me. She cant perform surgery as the skin around that area is too tight and will just cause further problems. She's suggested keeping the area clean with vasaline and using diallators to relax the area, but i know this techniques are not going to be very effective. I'm really at a loss, my confidence has plumated, i feel really e-feminant and ugly and because i'm at an age where sex is very important (18) it is just making matters worse, i'm beginning to feel really depressed as a result of it, i've tried having sex a few times but its just too painful. Is there anything you can suggest that might help? Thank you so much. Elli x
I completely understand your feelings. Did any of your doctors say how it happened or what caused the ulcers? My dr.'s said they don't know how mine started. Question though - do your ulcers start to get better if you're not being sexually active? B/c intercourse would flare up mine, make then red and bleed sometimes. I would stop having sex for a day or too and would almost look like it would start to heal, but neevr fully would.  But to answer your question - Before I got my surgery to remove them a few weeks ago (still waiting until March for the follow-up and result), my dr. gave me 5% lidocaine to numb the area so I could have intercouse.  This helped ease the pain. Hope that helps! Let me know if you find any break-through discoveries for the horrible things. GL
Hey thanks for replying :) its good to finally talk to someone who knows how frustrating it is! Yeah i've used the lindocrieme anesthetic cream stuff, but it just wears of so damned quickly! At the moment i've decdided to try goin completely natural, cotton knickers, natural tampons etc and just keeping vaseline on the area so as to stop any urine or discharge coming into contact with that area.
I think i'm also going for a second opinion with another doctor beacuse i refuse to continue with them anylonger! I really hope your surgery is a success, is it still really sore around the area?
Love,
Elli x
in answer to your questions, yeah they got sorer after intercourse, so i've just stopped having sex, its just to painful! Mine have never bled though, and the doctors didnt say what had caused them, they just seem completey random, like yours.
elli x
help me please i dont no what to do i have read what you have put and i have sort of the same problem i have had my period but i havent stoped bleeding sience. Everytime i have sex it hurts me big time n its that bad i cry my breast are very tender even when im in the shower and i wash my self the min i pick my breast up to clean under them they hurt me.I also got pains in my belly ? I was on the pill but i stop taking iti have re searched ulcers on the viginal wall and it sounds like i have got that but im not 100% sure if i have got an ulcer on the vaginal wall how can you get rid of it hope to hear a reply bk asap
I have no idea whether or not i have an ulcer but i'm starting to think i do. I've struggled with getting ulcers in my mouth and throat my whole life, but having one in so sensitive an area is somewhat shocking. I know mine isn't caused by sex, since i haven't had any in quite a while (a year!), but i'm in my forth week of birth control. Has anyone ever heard of birth control pills causing ulcers?
For what it's worth, mine is in an area that i can kind of see with the right kind of light and a mirror, but the truth is it really hurts!! In fact i've been trying not to go to the bathroom just because it has become so painful! Mine has also bled some, but i've had it for less than a week. I'm thinking i should probably go to my gyn and ask about it.... Any one come up with new ideas on how to cure or even help this problem?
MEG
I have several vaginal ulcers as a result of pelvic radiation. so, to add insult to injury, after cancer treatment and all that goes with it, I have been left with these ulcers. none of my doctors will say anything about them....more estrogen and time they keep saying. it has been 5 months. I have tried vaginal probiotics, estrogen tablets inserted vaginally, creams, aloe and total abstinence from sex. every day, they look exactly the same.I don't think there's a happy ending here.    

dm
Try "sweedish bitters". Get a bottle of this from a health center and it should work. Take a teaspoon a day for 2 weeks then stop for a month and then again for 2 weeks until the ulcers go away. The "sweedish bitters" cleanses your system and should rid of the ulcers. Let me know if it works
i got my first ulcer 4 days ago and it really hurts it burns when i use the restroom. i dont know how i got it. can you get ulcer by having sex when your area is dry and forced in? im thinking thats why because the next day after i had sex i was in pain but nothing was there till a day later. should i go to my gyno or i can try some in home remedies?
I have recently recieved ulcers in my vaginal area. I went to my dr and she tested me for herpes...the test results haven't came back yet, however the pain exceeded too much for me to handle and I ended up going to the er. They told me I had a absess (abscess). The dr lanced it, after numbing the area, and tried to drain it. I've kept it clean with soapy warm water and have been on pain killers for two days now. I went to my gyno this morning and she said that she thought it looked like herpes as well, but the ER dr said it was nothing of the sort. I am 19 years old and have only had sex 1 time and that was two years ago. There is NO possible way I could have attained a STD. I have ran it over in my head a hundred times and there isn't a possible way. I should have the results back soon. When I do get them I will post to let you know. Keep your fingers crossed for me though. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on this, please post back. Thank you.
Im having the same issue... one ulcer at the bottom of my vagina and I almost feel as though another one is coming. Did all the research myself before going to my gyno and narrowed it down to 2 things: either herpes or chancroid. Both STDs, both have similar symptoms but the chancroid ulcers look closer to what I have. I went to see my gyno and she said there is about a 60% chance it is herpes, but she said it really doesn't look like "textbook herpes" ie the ulcer is bigger and shaped differently. She gave me some antibiotics to get rid of chancroid and chlamydia  (in the event that it was either of those and not herpes) but I still Have to wait for my test results to come back. I just started dating someone new and he seems almost freaked out about it, like I can control the fact that I have this thing. In truth, he is probably more pissed that we aren't having sex until this all gets figured out. Please keep me in your thoughts and I will keep u all in mine, as it is such a pain to go through this!
hi i never had a vaginal ulcer but one of my friend has one it was an std her ex had it too. she said that she did not feel any pain but some smelly discharge. when she went for her regular check up after a year the dr find out that she had a ulcer the size of an apple next to the cervix and it was becoming a cancer . she had some chimotherapy done, vaginal cream but its not enough she still have to get check-up every 3 month and no sex for one year or at least until the ulcer is gone.
I get vaginal ulcers but mainly after my period.  When i first experienced them, i thought i had and std. I went to my gyn and he said it was an ulcer.  He said it can come from shaving..  He said it mostly occurs in African American Women because their hair is course.( like hair in a follicle that wont come out) he gave me a script for Sulfameth and he said to take it when i felt it coming.  It works!!! If i take the pill the ulcer will be gone in a couple of days.  Good luck!!!! They are very painful!!!
TO-

I have the same thing right now. I shaved down there and a couple days later I got a couple of ulcers. Really scared me,I'm hoping its not herpies (herpes).But I kinda thought it could be ingrown hairs to. Do you only get the ulcers after your period and if you shave? I use to get really sore and would get ulcer or lessions kinda when I was on my period.I found out that I was allergic to certin kinds of cotton and the dri weave protection that they use on pads. I have to use tampons now. That helped big time.
I thought i had herpies (herpes) when i first saw it however my doctor assured me that it wasn't but i got tested any way and it was negative.  It is hard to saw about the period and the shaving because i always do it around the same time. I am going to have to pay attention when i shave and im not on my period.  You should go to ur gyn he can give you meds for it.  My daughter had a stye on her eye and they gave her the same type of meds.  It treats skin disease all kinds including staph.  Good luck!!!! You could be right about the allergic reaction as i get older i am allergic to everything including latex.
hey,
i havent had sex in nearing 5 months as my long term boyfriend split up with me.
but in the last week, i have had a really dis comforting itching sensation around my vagina, obviously i kept checking it out, but when i looked earlier, i saw an ucler on it. im absolutley petrified, im only 16. what should  i do?
can someone help me cos its really stressing me out, and a i have read all the gruesome stuff on the internet about it and it is scaring me even more...
Hi all,

I just had a Vaginal Ulcer removed on Wednesday. It started completely out of the blue (I haven't yet been sexually active so it wasn't caused by anything like that) It was under the skin so I couldn't see it but it was definatly painful!! I

suffered from it for about 2 months before it was discovered and now feel no pain as its been removed (I had another minor proceedure done aswell which required me to have stitches so thats why I'm sore instead!) my Gyn said ulcers can be caused by a certain amount of extreme friction to the skin (it sounds like the right diagnosis in my case as I have mild cerebal palsy which means friction is caused down there by certain movements I make) and they can take months or years to come to the surface.

I my case I only had the one (and I'm hoping that's all I'll get!) and my Gyn is going to perscribe me some cream to apply to the area where the ulcer was to stop it re-surfacing.

Remember don't suffer needlessly, I was on two courses of anti-biotics and one course of anti-inflammitiories and it didn't go away or change for 2 months so the only solution is to demand it be removed and get the right cream to prevent more re-surfacing. It's worth it to be pain free!
Reading your story has made me finally feel that I'm not alone. Ive had vaginal ulcers since the first time I had intercourse with my husband 10 yrs ago. Our first time I had smoked some pot and was very dry and too high to realize it was hurting. For the next week I couldn't walk. I have had every test known to man. all negative. They are in the opening area of the vaginal on the mucus membrane part. One side is worse than the other. They dont always hurt. But if my sugar intake is high I find that is when they are at there worst. They do not bother me at all until they are aggrevated by sex and dryness. And not that much friction in the sex, I might add. He knows better by now. Please let me know if your last surgery works.
Thank goodness I found this discussion thread - I have been going out of my mind! About two years ago I thought I had Thrush and used a pessary. It was like fire! Since then I have had an ulcer appear on the right side of my vaginal opening every month, the week before my period. The GUM clinic said that they were certain it was Herpes - which is the tests proved it wasn't. I explained to them that there is a problem where the gland gets blocked and causes an ulcer and that I think mine is triggered by a hormone change - but they seemed set on the fact it was herpes and didn't venture to test for anything else. I am going back today armed with the fact that I am not alone with this and to demand more tests. Good luck everyone! x
I'm very glad I found this site.  I just recently got a vaginal ulcer.  My first one came on about 2 months ago.  It hurt dreadfully for about 7 or 8 days and then seemed to go away.  Prior to the first ulcer surfacing, I had a bad bout of bronchitis.  A few days ago I was once again diagnosed with Bronchitis and once again I have the ulcer.  It is on the same side as my first one.  My doctor, just like many of you, thought it was Herpes and I was tested.  It came back negative.  He also took a tissue sample and nothing came to light from it either.  By the time I got back all the results, the pain was gone so I thought "well that's over, thank god."  But, now its back.  It's quite confusing.  I use Vagisil to numb it so that I can stand walking and such.  It doesn't last for very long but at least it helps.  I also tried taking a bath with baking soda and that did help relieve the pain for a little while.  If anyone has any new information about this annoying situation that obviously many of us are suffering from, please post it.  We can all benefit from each other's information.  And thank you for the first woman that was brave enough to post something about this.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I feel for all of you.  Keep in there.  Eventually one day they will figure this out.
i dont have a vaginal ulcer but i made some research about them.. this is what ive read...

"Ten cases of vaginal ulcers collected from private gynecologic practices over a 1-year period are presented. The lesions were associated with the prolonged continuous use of vaginal tampons, and all were benign. Nine lesions healed spontaneously when tampon usage was halted. In addition, a similar foreign body consisting of birefractile fibers was found in the biopsies of 4 of these patients. Patient profiles and pathologic findings are described. It is suggested that prolonged continuous tampon usage is associated with the development of vaginal ulcers, and conservative management is recommended."

i think this is for the women who have light cases of vaginal ulcers...

anyways ill research for more info about it...

hope this helped...
ive also read that some cases of vaginal ulcer is cause:

1. when the tissue of the vulva and the lining of vagina becomes thin, dry, and more alkaline, making them more prone to injury...

2. premenopause...

anyways if its mild vaginal ulcers try using lubricants.., and what ive posted earlier stop using tampons,,
also doctors says that prescription of estrogen is the most effective way coz it can restore the thickness and elasticity of vaginal tissue...
foods that rich in soy can help the discomfort...

hope you'll all get well soon....
Thank you for the new information Frances.  :-)
I also feel so much better to know that this is not an odd thing that just happened to me. I have had, what I think, is an ulcer for 5 months now. I have gone to the dr numerous times and was treated for a bad yeast infection, BV, and group B strep! I suppose it occurred due to too much friction and then also got infected. Just recently both my boyfriend and I were treated for the strep and I thought it was done. The ulcer started to heal and was almost gone...and then of course we had sex and it came back. I am going to be gone for several months, not having sex, and I hope that it can heal since it probably never has completely. If not, I would also like to know if the surgery that one of you had worked. I wish that there was a good remedy for the pain, for all of our sakes!
i had a baby almost 4 weeks ago by c-secton then when she was 2 weeks old i had to have an interal ultra sound and the day after that i found it burnt to go to the toilet and over the next few days it got worse, i went to the doctor after 4 days and he said it was an urine infection and gave me antiboditics but another 4 days later i was back there cos by this time i could hardly wee and he had a look this time cos i said it looked like it had blistered...he said they were ulcers or he keeps metionin the word shingles....he has given me cream, which has helped a little bit and steriod tablets....
He also done test that have came back neg and we r just waitin on one more test to come back....
i truly believe that the ultra sound caused this for me but he doesn't think so...
anyone else got any other treatments they have used and have worked for them please say so as this is a living hell
Hey guys,

I've just had my daughter in hospital (15yo) with very painful vaginal ulcers.  This occurred also when she was 13 but not quite as bad.  They did every test on her possible and finally did a biopsy under surgery.  It was so painful for her...she would scream while urinating until they finally had to put her on a catheter.  They also had the autoamune team in who suggested it may be a decease called Bahcet's Decease but which normally occurs in the mouth also (which is not the case).  They put her on steriods for 5 days and within 2 days she had amazing results.  This decease is also reaccurring like most of your cases are.  Might want to check it out :)  Good luck!!

Jules
perhaps it can be caused by tampons... perhaps trying to use pads or "diapers" as i call them can help..... and if you have sex even ONE time you can develope an STD. even if you use a condom, you can still contract herpes! if your mate has an open sore and it gets mixed with your body fluids herpes is actually more than likely to occure! and just because it has been over a year since it has happened does NOT mean anything. some STDS can take months even years to make themselves obvious by you.
I feel your frustration and pain, but I may have another alternative for the cause....
I had 3 ulcers come up about a week ago, around the opening of my vagina. Usual story went to the doctor, she was definite it was herpes! However test came back negative! I had been quite ill with the flu, and also had ulcers in my mouth 2 weeks before, but look up Behcets disease on wikipedia, was extremely useful to me! Also you can get ulcers from severe thrush, i have an aunty and two older female friends who have all experienced this. but is usually overlooked. Salt baths help too!! goodluck
well its nice to know that im not the only persons who having this. i have two ulcers near the opening of my vagina. and i know its not from sexual intercourse, becuase im only 13 ! and havent had any, and like some other people i just hd bronchitis, and it only turned up on the weekend. and they really really hurt, and i hurts really badly to pee. I feel like im going to throw up form the pain. im a bit embarrassed to tell my mother or nana who im staying with at the moment, so ive been looking through some ideas which i can do myself, and if it doesnt go away anytime soon, i will tell them. But im just embarrassed. and i really want to find something to do about them, becuase im trying not to go to the bathroom alot, becuase it hurts to much.
I have had nearly the exact same experience. When I was about 11 I experienced my first vaginal ulcer which I was too embarrassed to tell anyone about and it eventually went away. A few years later at 13, I had an experience like Jule42's daughter, I noticed swelling on the right labia minora and then developed two ulcers on that side and so then I went to the doctor, and they were baffled. I was not sexually active nor had I ever been and so they sent me to a specialist who also tested me for Bechets and it was all negative. They treated the swelling with a steroid and the pain with the ulcers with a numbing creme and the painful urination with a sitz bath (which was SUCH a relief!). After a week or so, they were healed. A few years later I had another ulcer and I just let it heal and eventually go away and now at 20, and still not sexually active and have never been, I noticed the same swelling and had an ulcer develop on the same right side as it had seven years ago, I went to the doctor last night and again, they had no answers. They gave me soothing creme and told me just to wait it out and hopefully it will just go away. I am frustrated and clueless and wish someone had an answer to this problem. The doctor told me that it could just be the way my body deals with stress, like a stomach ulcer, but that is not a satisfying diagnosis for me, is this something that we will just have to live with for the rest of our lives?!
Hi All,
I had ulcer about 3 years ago, whent to the OBgyn, and he said that i have ulcer so he used kind of medicine in the clinic to burn it, it does not pain at all, and he gave me suppositories(vaginal) called Albothyle and antibiotics and all finished and thanx god i did not have any since then.
hi, i have the same thing about 3 years ago my doctor told me i had 2 ulcers on the wall of my vagina, i took treatment and they went away for a while but they just came back... unlike most people i'm not in pain during intercourse or afterwards. the doctor told me they would most likely not go away completely and that they can turn into cancer. this scares me a lot. not only that but the doctor also told me i would have to be on medication to have children and even then i probably wont be able to conceive. if someone has a similar problem with a different diagnosis or different symptoms i would like to hear your comments. thnx.
I completely Understand, I have had my vaginal ulcers for around 1 year and  5 months now, they get so painful and after intercourse it gets worse and inflamed. I went to my gyni and he gave me fenivir and macrodantin. the fenivir helps a lot and helps them to heal, but nothing has taken them away. I don't want to get surgery, but at this rate i will try anything. I'm so glad I found this forum! thank you ladies, I was so worried there was something wrong with me!
i've also got this problem, its just started today and as soon as i searched it this came up.. i dunno what to do either..
i am 18 n new on this site but i was reading about vaginal ulcers. i thought i was so alone but skip that..im not really sexually active but i feel comfortable tellin u guys the honest truth about my sex life.I 1st started w/ my ex boyfriend n i was 17 n he was my 1st n i was his.the 1st 3 guys including my BF, we used protection.but the last 2 didnt.so i had sex w/ 5 diff guys.when i turned 18, me n this guy had sex.after him i started bleeding. i felt depressed, lonely, and isolated. i felt like i couldnt talk 2 anyone.when i was reading ppl posts on this site, now i think i have an ulcer also.im bleeding so i took a mirror n looked inside n i saw something bulging out.i was so scared n me n my mother talk about everything except sex.i want 2 go 2 the clinic but im so afraid like seriously n what if i want it removed n i have 2 go 2 the hospital.i know she will then find out b/c she will have 2 pay 4 the hospital bill..please help me out n if this is an ulcer or something else please tell me..keep me n ur prayers b/c its been a month since i had sex n im really trying 2 do right now
i have been experiencing vaginal ulcers for almost a year now -- the first time they were so painful i was afraid to go to the bathroom because it burned so bad-- i even left work and went right to the doctor-- she thought i had herpes immediately but i had a culture done on the ulcer - which was very painful i might add-- and the test came back negative -- now i get the ulcers randomly but usually right before my period and then they are gone with in a few days -- i am going to be tested again for everything just to be sure but this is very embarrassing and not easy to explain to a man.
I am pretty happy to see this conversation! I have had a painful ulcer for about 4 days, I was pretty concerned because I read that herpes can stay undetected for 15 years or something and I freaked (and I freaked out my husband!)! It was when I had a hot shower this morning I realised that it acts like an ulcer. I am going to the doctor tomorrow but I have been dabbing tea tree oil on it a couple of times a day and although it hasn't been healing it relieves the pain almost completely for a few hours (and feels cool and tingly too!).

I think it may have something to do with tampons or hormones because 1 year ago I stopped the depo injection and started the pill. Which meant that I was getting periods for the first time in years. I started to get mild thrush for a week after every period and now an ulcer in that week as well.

To aj711_10 the girl that is scared to go to the doctor, I am sure your mother loves you very much and would rather help you through a health problem than have you get unwell because you were too scared to tell her. Make an appointment to go to the clinic asap and then worry about your mum later, you have to look after your health before anything else.
I also suffer from vaginal ulcers, I have been tested for everything and they have all come back negative. The doctor also told me that I could have berchets disease but I don't have any of the other symptoms. I have suffered from these since I was about 15. I am now 20 and I'm still getting the vaginal ulcers. I have been to the doctors so many times but they do not know why they keep appearing. They have given me many tablets and creams but nothing works. They are so painful when going to the bathroom. Can anyone help me with treatments or creams to use please?
I have been suffering with an ulcer for 4 months now. My doctor recommended DomeBuro solution it an astringent and has antibacterial properties. i jus started to use it. No results yet but Imma give it time. you can find it at Walgreens and its not cheap. I been goin to my gyno for 10yrs and i trust her.
Hello everyone!!!

I have had the ulcers, mouth, genitalia and even severe acne in my face, 5 months straight, sometimes not allowing me to walk. This all happened after many antibiotics and thus the absence of a good floral bacteria in my stomach. Ulcers start to grow as a bacterial infection and reoccur, because the body lacks good bacteria, to fight the bad. Take many probiotics.
The doctor then diagnosed me with celiac disease (gluten allergy), which attacks the mucous membranes, letting all possible bad bacteria enter the bloodstream Try not eating any wheat products or dairy. It has changed everything for me. Behcet syndrome is often mistaken with celiac disease. Please consider trying to halt gluten intake and see the results after a couple of weeks, as the body will need to keep cleaning itself from toxins for some time before it can start healing itself.
I am so happy I found this post! I have been having these same ulcers for over a year now and seem to have no luck at the docs (tested for every STD and have been on herpes medication twice!) It hurts when I use the bathroom, but I found that when using a water bottle filled with warm water and streaming it with your pee helps it burn a lot less! My ulcers seem to only pop up around my period. The doctors have also tested me for Bechet's and negative. I wish I could have more relief with this. I wish you all the best!
i have had the same problem since i was a teenager and all the tests they've done have come back negative. my mom had the same problem growing up too (and still does). i have come to realize that a lot of mine have to do with the amount of stress and anxiety i have at that time. the more it builds up, the more likely i am to get an ulcer. Also certain foods i eat like nuts and spicy stuff can trigger them as well. those are the only things that i've noticed from my experience. all the meds my doc has given me haven't worked, mainly because they have no idea what it is and always misdiagnose.
I have had recurrent ulcers on the inner labia where there is mucosal tissue for about a year and a half. Now I have one right on the edge. I had the Mirena put in 1/08 and these started about 6 mo later.  My GYN thought it was Herpes even if it didn't look like it. Strange seeing how my husband of 10 years has nothing.  Anyhow test (actual culture) came back negetive so she said it had to be a canker sore of some kind.  I have them in my mouth as well.  In fact, I have had either a vaginal sore (ulcer) or mouth sore almost continually for the past 2 years.   Noone seems to know with certainty what causes or how to treat them! Please help
I am sooo glad i found this site i have a huge ulcer at the entrance of my vagina.It hurts so bad i can hardly walk also theres a yellow pus coming fom it can anyone tell me if they have experienced this.Doctors have been very little help but bechets has been mentioned as i also suffer badly from mouth ulcers.i am waiting to see a specialist.
So good to now i am not alone my thoughts are with you all.
I had been sexually inactive for 3years until 6mths ago when after sex I noticed slightly painful ulcers at the entrane to my vagina, these healed in 7 days and didn't really cause any discomfort. As with most of you I went to a doctor who didn't think it was Herpes but tested anyway, this test was negative. Things were fine til about 5 weeks ago the ulcers returned after sex, in the same place but more painful. This time I went to an STD clinic where the doctor tested me for everything (she did think it was herpes to begin with). All tests were negative. Over the past 5 weeks I have had a couple of times where the ulcers looked healed but then after trying to have sex they were 're-torn' (trying to have sex was so painful). My doctor is now testing me for Epstein Barr as I have had a sore throat on and off for 5months and I also had an ellergic reaction to the penicillian I was given for the throat infection, so she belives the ulcers could be from either of these. But the first episode was before the throat infection so I'm not so sure. I also started the Depo Provera shots after the first episode so I don't think it could be from this, but the first episode really wasn't like it is now so maybe there is a connection. What type of contraceptive is everyone on? And what are your periods like? Maybe this is hormonal and we should compare 'notes' on how in-check everyone thinks their hormones are
I'm 27 and I have a sore near the vagina for three days now (for the first time). I had sex about a week ago with my fiance. I don't know if I contracted it from him but he's been complaining about lower abdominal pain. I'm not sure if there's a connection there. I'm not sure what i'm having and i've been thinking of going to the doctor but i'm going to try some home remedies first. I will let you all know if they work. Wish me luck!
I too have the vaginal ulcers.And at first I thought it was a STD.Since I don't have insurance and would go with a natural cure anyway,I did my research on STD's and couldn't find a match.
  So I typed in my symptoms and came up with candida.I had always suspected I could have it because of my sugar and lately beer cravings.It is an overgrowth of yeast caused from too much sugar or very often too many antibiotics.It creates too acidic of an environment causing cronic (chronic) yeast infections,cronic (chronic) fatigue,poor vision,oral thrush and painful sex to list a few.Too acidic of an environment can cause ulcers in your stomach so it makes sense that the discharge would leave ulsers at the opening of the vagina where it sits.
  I am doing the 35% food grade peroxide treatment.I've read several books on the miracules of peroxide.Everyone should read about it.It's amazing what it can cure.
  My cronic (chronic) yeast infection stopped within a few days,the bloating and gas were much better and I lost a few pounds.I also wasn't tired all the time anymore.I cut back on my sugar,breads and alcohol The diet is very important in getting rid or candida and I am having a hard time giving up the sweets So too many Girl Scout Cookies have brought back my yeast infection after two months of none..
  I have also read about baking soda and lime or lemon juice restoring your ph balance.Vinegar too.
  My understanding is that alot of doctors don't know or believe in candina.They are not taught about it in mecical school.I am now going to do the Fat Flush Diet which is really a liver cleanse,but also an excellant candida cleanse.
  I hope this helps some of you.
I am so relieved to find this discussion

I have had vaginal ulcers for many years.  It comes and goes, but always in the same place.  Normally isn't lumpy but more like a mouth ulcer.  It's an open sore and it sometimes lasts for a month.  I have tried many creams including hydrocortisone witch is normally brilliant for any lesion, but not for these things.  It really gets me down and makes my other half quite moody and I don't want to have sex as its just too painful.  I always knew it wasn't an STD as my husband has never suffered with it and we have had sex when it's been active.

I am sure that it is something to do with stress.  I also have a painful one on the inside of my lower lip too.

It's good to know I'm not alone and I can vent my frustrations to people who can empathise.

I always wear daily panty liners when I have an episode to help with hygiene.  I do wish there was something that could help heal it quicker though as it really does bring you down
im so scared. im only 14, and it looks like an ulcer i usually get in my mouth from my braces. im allergic to the metal, so thats not scary cause its apparently normal. but this.. this isnt. I have it in my inner vagina and it burns when i walk, sit, pee. Ive told my mom but she wants to see it and that just grosses me out. i havent been to the doctor. Someone please help me with the pain!!!
hiya!!! i have only ever had sex with 2 people - the first he always used a condom, and my current boyfriend was tested for basically evertthing just before we started having sex, and it was all clear. for about 3 days i have had what i think is a vaginal ulcer, just outside the entrance to my vagina. it is sore and a funny colour and it really stings. i freaked out and thought it might be herpes but that is practically impossible, and after reading this i have realised i am on my period and have flu so those things may be conncected. i am also very stressed out because i have my a level exams soon, and i am on the pill (microgynon). i am going to go to the doctors asap but until then i am in a lot of discomfort and a bit scared!! does anyone have any advice for remedies to heal or numb the pain of the ulcer? xx
My girlfriend also suffers from Vaginal Ulcers.  I am nurse so I am determined to get to bottom of this as these ulcers cause great pain to my girlfriend.  She has been tested for STD at two seperate locations to make sure we were not dealing with false/negative.  All test have come back negative. Hers came on after getting sick and finishing finals for school.  So I suspect the trigger for her and many others is excessive stress.  Stress is known to cause a rise in cortisol levels in body.  Cortisol raises blood sugar levels and lowers immunity system thus creating perfect environment for infection in vaginal area.  Stress can also trigger autoimmune disorders to flare up (75% of autoimmune disease occurr in females). I have looked up signs for Lupus and they dont seem to apply.   She doesnt get oral ulcers so I dont think Behcet is root cause.  She is still virgin and her hymen is still intact.  We attempted to have intercourse about 2 months ago but it just wouldnt break thru so we decided to just wait for marriage before attempting again.  I wonder if that caused some tearing that eventually turned into ulcers as previously poster mentioned (who has CP).  I will ask around at the hospital and continue to research this and hopefully help someone.

Things tried so far that didnt work:
1) round of doxycycline antibiotics
2) cleaning the area before bed with salt water.
3) Doctor in ER suggested trying Flagyl.
I went to the docs on friday, and they said they weren't sure how I had got the ulcer but they couldn't test for herpes as I'm on my period. Also they said a typical herpes ulcer looks like a fluid filled white boil.. Mine is nothing like that but they gave me herpes medication anyway cus they can't test til next week. The tablets are called aciclovir and you take them 5 times a day for 5 days. However I did discover something interesting which is that about 70 percent of the population contract herpes in your life and then it lays dormant in you forever, unless you get ill or your immune system is down and then you have an outbreak.. You don't have to have sex with someone with herpes ulcers it can be contracted from coldsores too and in rare cases viral shedding which is skin contact.  hope all my waffle helps!
Thanks, genny
We found resolution for ulcers.  Antibiotics did nothing.  Girlfriend took 1 tablet of Fluconazole (Diflucan) 150mg which is antifungal and Flagyl  (Metronidazole) (Antiparasitic) 500mg twice daily ....and the ulcers and pain have disappeared for her.  I hope someone finds this helpful.
I have had an ulcer for at least 10 years,had the same partner too, although I found out he had been sleeping about I went to STD clinic where I was tested all sorts of things but negative on all! but the ulcer has got worse over the years - even thou partner and I are not together any more and I haven't had intercouse as I'm too embarassed and frighten I may pass it on.My ulcer is extremely uncomfortable and  extremely itchy and very sore.I have had numouros anti biotics,creams and it's just full on all the time not just outbreaks. I'm 52 years of age and do not want this for the rest of my life.............................HELP!!!!!!!!!
Your stories sound the same as mine.  I began with a bronchial problem, fever and stress.  I am a health food nut, and began to research it.  I don't know it this will help others, but I believe I had to much oxclate in my blood, caused by a diet with to many nuts, greens, oats wheat and chocolate.  I quit all those things and began a low oxcalate diet.  My ulcers healed in a week.  I take b-12 along with fish oil and calcium.  I am afraid to get them again but so far so good.  I am healing just fine.  Check your diets and see if yours could use a little tweaking.  High oxcalate can cause vulvodynia - a condition just right for ulcers to develop.  Good Luck to all of you.
I am glad i am not alone in this! i have had ulcers in my mouth and throat since i was a child (i am 33 now) and last june (2010) i had intercourse with my husband and the next day had an ulcer at the bottom of the vagina the size of a dime. I ignored, even though it was very painful. Since the first initial ulcer i have had multiple. They never go away completely. the pain will ease up after a few weeks but the ulcer is till there but scabbed over so every time my hubby and i had sex it would start all over again, I went to my GYN about 4 weeks ago for this and was tested for multiple std's and my herpes 1 zoster came back slightly elevated but he told my that the ulcers in the vagina were not herpes ( i have been married for 13 years and both of us have been faithfull so this can not be an STD). Last week i had the excised and that was a very painful procedure. He called me today and told me all my paths were negative, but he has an idea of what it is but would not tell me over the phone. He said it is a very RARE auto-immune disorder (and it is a genetic disorder). He said he would discuss it with me at my post op at the end of this week, I will let yall know what he thinks it is and maybe it will give all of us some answers!
I have had this same experience.  Ulcers on the skin at the enterance to my vagina.  I went to 3 different doctors and had very bad experiences.  One even told me I had herpes, which later the test was negative.  I finally found a doctor who could not explain what was wrong, but would figure it out.  He sent me home with Premarin an estrogen cream.  He said I could be low and the cream would thicken and moisturize the area.  They only opened up when I had sex.  Very painfull.  Well it worked.  I have to use it on occasion.  I can feel when I need it.  I was 26 at the time I am now 36.  I wish everyone luck who has had this problem, because it can sure be miserable.
    i had ulcers in my vigian the first time was about two years ago i went to dr after dr everyone said there was nothing wrong but i keeped hurting  and the pain got worse. so i finally went to the er at the hospital it took them three months to find it but i had vulvar cancer it was bad i suffered for a year with the cancer all kinds of pain. i have been cancer free for a year and now the ulcers are back and they just done another bio to see if my cancer is back i have not had sex in three years because of this and even after my surgerys just when i throught i was getting better the ulcers are back and i dont use tampons. im sure its the cancer again. but dont take its nothing for an answer keeping telling them its something like i have and make them find out what is wrong
Hello people...

IM STUDYING HOLISTIC THERAPIES AND BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE ULCERS ON MY VAGINA,,, IM VERY INTERESTED IN STUDYING THE CAUSE OF IT... I THINK THERE IS A CHANCE TO HAVE AN PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSE BEHIND IT... MAYBE SOME PHYSIOLOGICAL SIDE AS WELL.... IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE OF MY STUDIES,,, PLEASE CONTACT ME ON MY EMAIL ***@****... WE CAN TRY TOGETHER TO OVERCOME THIS DISEASE WHICH SEEMS TO BE SO DIFFICULT FOR THE WESTERN MEDICINE TO HELP.... HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS.......
Hey,
my story is somehow similar to all the others (and also not). I have got a new partner 1,5 years ago, some months after we started having intercourse I got my first ulcers and my GYN said it was herpes. Though I know that I have herpes it was not. The ulcers were coming after every intercourse and disappeared if we stopped our sexual activities for at least 10 days. Some months later we broke up and I had no intercourse - also no ulcers. I got together with my first bf and the problem of ulcers disappeared from my life. But only for so long as I didn't happen to have smth with a guy with a large "instrument" again. My GYN and everybody around tells that it cannot be size-related, but so far I can tell that for me it possibly had to do with the size. I am not in the mood to "experiment" with sexual partners in order to figure that out and I am still very much afraid of having an intercourse with anybody.
twifan wrote about some rare auto-immune disease - is there any news to it?
NESSACASI wrote about psychological grounds (in my case that could be as well)

I am rather desperate and completely disillusioned about the modern medicine...
I have the same vaginal ulcer for four years now.  It started one year before I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I have seen at least six doctors, used estrogen creams, antibiotics,vinegar, herpies (herpes) med acyclovir both in cream and pill form.  Plus more.  No intercourse in three years.
I am scheduled to have it excised next month.  I know my immune system is stressed.  Please respond with your outcome from the doctor.
I have this same thing! It scared me so bad the first time it happend I was crying when I called my doctor. I had about 5 of them, one was on the inner labia and had slit it, and was bleeding. She said I had a sever yeast infection, gave me 3 of some pill that gets rid of the infection, but it really only takes one. She then gave me a cream called Nystatin. This cream is wonderful. With it I could pee without it burning. Within 10 days the sores went away. Now, 3 months later, I have one sore again, and I actually felt this one develop. I put more of this cream on it, and again, its working perfectly. I don't know is this is a yeast infection, rash, or whatever, but, this cream works!
First I'd like to say how relieved I was to know I wasn't alone; second, the pain has got to be the absolute worst in the world, even worse than child birth!  I began getting these ulcers when I was 13 or 14 but they were mild then, now they are down right horrible. Nothing helps with the pain, and only time helps them heal only to have them return with a vengeance; my doctor prescribed valtrex, which helps to keep it from recurring so often. I can usually go for 6 months to a year without any but they still come back. Although the valtrex is what they prescribe for herpes outbreaks, I too have been tested repeatedly for every possibly STD known with a negative result, but if it helps it helps!  I'd just like to know of something that helps soothe the pain, because even taking oral pain medication doesn't..... Suggestions?
I have a ulcar as well had many doctors say sexual transmited but all my test negitive as i told them my partner of 6 years has notuing and i have 7 childre. i find when i use dexmethsone it feels better almost gone in week. but was told there very strong and not good. it kills at times with discharge and when i go to wee im over it and want it gone been almost 2 years its been there. its deep as well
Such a relief to find this forum. I discovered an ulcer on myself on Friday and rushed to the out of hours doctor. She took some swabs but said it didnt look like herpes, but just an ulcer I will get the result on Wednesday next week. In reply to some of the posts I have read on here, my internet research has taught me two things that some of you need to know 1) vaginal ulcers are very common in teenage girls and nothing to do with STD's. 2) washing you vagina with perfumed soap/body wash can causes vaginal ulcers and infections.
as a nurse specialist - ulcers are not normal of course and no body should have to accept this.

so...
go to gp - get swab taken - before you do ask youself and let gp know: -
ask yourself - how long have i had this, has it been like this before, what makes it worse or better, is is painful, does it occur after sex, has there been a trauma or cuts to the area, is there any other symptoms generally, do you feel unwell generally, have you had an STD in the past, has your partner had a STD in the past? is it getting worse and/or does it look the same. Do you get thrush alot?, do you generally suffer from allergies? are you on medication that is new, has your medication changed? what about your diet has that changed at all? think of underware, have you changed your washing powder at all.
your gp should by rights on first visit take FBC, LFT's, thyroid etc - always swab area and test for STD and general infections

if it appears after sex - it may be an allergy to condoms?, may be a reaction to semen.

your immune system may be low for some reason?  FBC will check this.
If its one ulcer then may be a trauma/cut or something get it checked!
if there are multiple ulcers likely to be an infection or low immune disorder that needs checking - but ask your self if you have a general run down feeling as well, are you under alot of stress this will impact on immune system.

if its just one ulcer it may be an infection - simple as that, antibiotics are worth a shot with a swab taken. if there is pus leaking its an infection for sure, may be a gland being blocked, if its swollen to the entrance, and sore with pus then probably is!

oh nothing to do with big penis insertion either, homeopathy wont help, if its psychological then its cuz you are stressed and immune system is low!

anyhow keep area clean, can use mild salt water, can use mild iodine spray - might help, if it is scabbed then very likely an infection, if not an its surely an ulcer - try boosting immune system with echinathea, and multi vits.

anyhow think that covers it - no body should have to suffer like this

If any of you ever read this again, I was wondering what do your ulcers look like?? I have a "cut" on the inside of my labia minora I noticed it after washing off the yeast I had. I've been fighting a bad yeast infection but I think I finally have it under control, but three days prior to finally getting rid of yeast I found this cut, it's a circular cut, a little bigger than a pen point, it's pretty tiny, so I can't tell whether it's a cut or ulcer. It's not very painful, actually if I didn't see it I prolly wouldn't have known it was there. I got a swab test for herpes I'm waiting for my results!!
My cut is red  or dark pink , it hasn't gotten any larger the only way you can see it is because the color is darker than the color of my skin, I can pee just fine, I can wipe just fine. The only time it bothered me is after my dr swabbed it, but even then I was only in discomfort. I'm so confused about what it could be!!! My dr described it as a cut, but when I look at it in the mirror it looks round!! How can a cut be round! And it doesn't close like a normal cut. I'm so scared!!!! I don't know what it is!!! It's been there for 5 days now!!!
- Hi im new on this and i just went to the Doctors and they said i had an ulcer in my vagina ive never had sex im Only 14 and it hurts really Bad ecpecially when i Urinate its becoming very hard for me theres days when i wont use the Bathroom bcause the Buning is to much for me too handle but the gave this cream that im going to be useing and im hopeing it works if you have and advice for me i would really like to hear Thanks :)
Did anyone ever try 'sweedish bitters' recommended by someone>?? i want to know if it works. Ive had my vaginal ulcers for 6 months now, at first i thought it was a cut and then i found out it was a small ulcer on the inside of my vagina and maybe there are more now on the vagina wall. its giving me and my bf pain during sex. I am sure it was caused by friction. i had a period over the summer when i didnt have sex for about 2 months and then had sex and then another 2 months off. - this didn't help...i really really need help and my doctor is going to send me to a dermatologist - i don't think this is going to work!!
I really wish someone would step up and investigate the harmful effect hormonal birth control can have on women concerning ulcers. I have had ulcers lining my small intestines for the past 3 years. The thing is they came on sooo sudden and so severe it was obvious they were caused by my birth control. I had tried the pill before but had issues (problems wearing contacts, a rare but annoying side effect) so my rather unpleasent gyno at the time suggested the patch. I wore it on my bum cheaks for about 6 months (you can wear it there or your pelvis but that was kind of pain in the summer time). About four months into being on this patch I started having severe problems with digestion. Terrible constipation, bloated painful swelling of my stomach and occasional bleeding when I actually did pass. After a series of humiliating and expensive tests they were able to determine I had ulcers completely lining my small intesting, they had no clue what the root cause was. (Colitis, krohns and other digestive diseases were tested for). I had asked both the gastroenterologist and gyno if the birth control could be to blame and they both said they had never heard of such a thing. My gyno even went as far as to insult my intelligence for thinking such a thing. They diagnosed me as IBS...my symptoms hardly matched this disease. So went off the patch for a while just to see, and lo and behold I improved. Not 100 percent but I could at least eat food normally again. I brought this up to my family doctor who I had known for years and she had not heard of BC causing ulcers either, so I though maybe I was just reading into it too much. Next gyno appointment she talked me into using the nuvaring, she always seemed so excited to prescribe new bc for me. I tried it, this time in 3 months I was in the same painful sorry state I was in on the patch. As much as my boyfriend protested I stopped bc instantly...and watched my symptoms improve. I talked with a few friends who are currently in med school or doing residencies and they had said that its absolutely possible for hormonal bc to cause ulcers. Elevated levels of estrogen and progestren cause ulcers, they saw it in numerous studies while in school. Research I have done on this finds minimal results...why is this not being further examned? I will have these ulcers the rest of my life, it's not nearly as bad and I have found ways to ease them but it still will effect me forever. The word needs to get out
I cant believe i have only just found this site. I have suffered with vaginal pain for about 7 years now and no -one has found out how or why this happens. I have seen several different gps and several different gyns. The pain is unbearable when it comes on and can last for about a week then it can reocur either within a few days or may not happen for a month. I split from my husband 6 years ago and not had a b/f in the last 4 years for fear of someone wanting sex and i cant do it cos of the pain. A new gp at my surgery examind me and said i was 'red raw' and thought i had herpes due to the blisters and did a test only for it to come back negative. I suffer with constant mouth ulcers too and now realise its actually vaginal ulcers i am getting too. Why dont gps, gyns or gum clinic people know about this? I have suffered in so much pain for so long and never have any treatment that works, all sorts of hormonal creams and moisture creams do nothing to help. Its so bad sometimes i cant bear to sit down so the thought of sex is a 'no way!!!!'
I am going to pester my gp to do something now i know so many others suffer too. Itsa about time an effective treatment or prevention was available.
Thanks to everyine who has posted, it feels a relief just to know im not alone.
loopy
My God, I just came from the doctors today and was sooooo surprised that she too told me that I had an ulcer.  See I was having vaginal pain while urinating and also some itching but I knew that it was not just an infection (yeast, candida).  As soon as she looked she said oh my, you have an ulcer and I can see how much pain you are in.  But in the same breath wanted to test me for herpes and other STD's after I told her about my night of love making with my new partner (I'm newly divorced and first time having relations).  Well as soon as I got to my desk at work I started googling because I have never heard of vaginal ulcers.  Thank goodness I ran across this blog.  You ladies have put my mind at ease because I was really scared thinking, what if I do have an STD (even though I haven't gotten the results back yet), I can sleep tonight.  I will keep you all posted as I pray that you all will do the same.  Who would have know that I would be able to feel relieved after searching the internet.  Thanks again!
I just recently developed a vaginal ulcer about 7 days ago. My boyfriend (who is rather well endowed) and I had sex on Saturday during the day. I felt that he had cut me and I examined my lady parts with a mirror. He had ripped the inner lips of my vagina literally AWAY from the wall of my vagina, and I was also ripped at the bottom of my vagina. I was having some slight bleeding and it was a little uncomfortable. We went on with our night and attended an engagement party. That next day, I was hung over so I stayed in bed pretty much all day. Monday, I woke up with a VERY sore throat and I was starting to get a little itchy (like a yeast infection, I am VERY prone to yeast infections so I wasn't surprised) By Wednesday, I was pissing FIRE and having milky white liquid discharge and I have acute tonsillitis. Wednesday at the doctor's office, I tested positive for a UTI and a yeast infection as well as a TERRIBLE case of tonsillitis. I was also tested for herpes which scared the living **** out of me. I have had a boyfriend for 6 months, and had a screening at the beginning of our relationship for STDS which all showed up negative. The doctor however couldn't tell if the "sore" was herpes or just an infected cut. I was prescribed to an antibiotic, and by Friday, nothing had changed. I got two shots in the butt Friday morning at another doctor's office, and my tonsillitis (fever, chills, etc) ALL went with it. However, my pee was STILL burning. I went to the gyno today (Monday), and the tear in my vagina is now a bleeding wound. It is not pussing at all, but I am having a thick mucus like yellow discharge coming out of my vagina and the urine passing over these ulcers is EXTREMELY painful. My doctor swabbed the ulcer for herpes and also tested my urine for bacteria. All the bacteria was gone by today, but she said the ulcer could either be a tear from the sex that just got infected or a herpes ulcer. It is hard to tell. Either way, she put me on Valtrex for 10 days and gave me a lidocaine gel to rub on the affected area so I can pee. IM FREAKING OUT!  
I feel like this blog has saved me. I truly believe 9584393--It is all hormone related. I have not been on birth control in 7 years. Then about 1 year ago I went on nuva ring and had all these annoying side effects. Then.... On one side of the inside of my vagina wall I started getting this red, sun burn like irritation. when you google all things come back to std's. I got tested for everything--came back negative. then swithced birth control to the pill about 6 months ago...AGAIN.. it started back with the red irritation just on the one side of my vagina. now it has slowly turned into an uncomfortable, small, canker sore looking area, with a milky discharge. I am still freaking out thinking it could be herpes but this whole blog really makes me think it is an ulcer due to these hormones. Because my boyfriend has no signs of anything and I never had "blisters", scabbing etc.. . I do not get ulcers in my mouth at all... I really think it has something to do with the estrogen because thats when everything started for me.I am going to doc today to get blood test for all the std's again. I will write back because if my results are negative it DEFINATELY has to do with the pill.  I am stopping the pill today...
I also suffer from vaginal ulcers and was told it was herpes but all tests were negative!  I just saw the rhuemotologist and was diagnosed with Behets Disease.  I am so thankful for forums like this because I was feeling hopeless and thought for sure I had an STD!  
I had a UTI a few months ago and did not finish the medication cuz I started feeling better. Now I noticed one rather large ulcer that is NOT painful and I have burning with urination. I went to the doctor and she said it did not look like herpes because it was not painful and the borders were very smooth and not irregular. I am freaking out. It is taking FOREVER to get test results. My boyfriend is not complaining of symptoms but I know a lot of people can be asymptomatic with herpes. I am so scared. I was placed on antibiotics and the pain with peeing comes and goes. The original ulcer went away and now I have see several new ones. I have been poking and touching to see if they hurt and they don't. I don't know if I am spreading it by touching and stressing too much. My life totally ***** right now until I get my results.
I just recently got a vaginal ulcer. I tried a lot of what u all tried with no luck. Then yesterday I bought some burn gel made by Scarzone and I've been putting that on there 2-3 times a day. It burns at first but not bad. But it looks like the ulcer is going away now. Will let you all know if it does!
I get ulcers within a few days if having sex. I've been in a monogamous commited relationship for nearly a year, and these problems just started surfacing. My boyfriend and I have sex, I get painful ulcers within around two days. They leave after about three weeks of abstinence, only to return after intercourse. We both have tested negative to any and all STD's feasable. I'm going to go crazy. My doc has no idea what's wrong with me, and it's putting a strain on my relationship. My sex drive is completely shot and my boyfriend's afraid of hurting me.
Thank you! I went to the gyno today, only to learn, that she thinks i have herpes, But I do no think this is possible, as i have been with the same guy for a year and a few mos, and I have never had symptoms before now. We had sex at night, as well as him eating me out and fingering me for a long time. The next day, I thought i was just sore, but then we started having sex and it was so painful!! Spit burned it so badly, as did sex, and urination, and just touching it! I should be getting my herpes test back in the morning, and i will update you guys accordingly. I do not think it is herpes, since we have been together so long, and that would mean he would have had to ahve been unfaithful, but i highly doubt that. I am hoping with everything that this is not herpes. The pain seems to go away when I use A+D cream, seeing as how when i went to my local pharmacy, they were out of lidocaine! So frustrating! Anyways best of luck to everyone!
im 17 years old and i have been in pain and i thought that maybe i had just got rubbed raw but i looked today and it looks like an ulcer and it is very painfull,,, it hurts to pee and sometimes it hurts to walk or sit down.. i talked to my mom and she said she has never heard of anything like it before... i just found it today so havent had a chance to go to the doctor yet... anyone have any advice??? i really need it! :(
my bf and i also thought that maybe it was just me being sore from having rough sex, but it didnt go away... he started messing around and as soon as he touched me through my clothers it hurt so bad and i told him to stop before i started crying... ive never been in this much pain before... im gonna call the doctor in the morning but any of yalls advice will help me so much...
I have a similar problem...

About 6/7 weeks ago I noticed a red lump near the entrance to my vagina, it was really small, but had a bit of a white head on the top... (it's hard to see cause it's so small, I can mostly just feel it with my fingers)
I was certain it was herpes, and went to the gyn for a check up, they took a look & said everything looked normal, did all the swabs, all negative...

About a week after the gyn, I noticed that the white head had gone and all that was left was a small red bump, with a tiny dimple in the middle where the white was...

Two weeks after the gyn, it was still there and so I decided to ask the doctor when I was there about something unrelated.
I was assured that it was a 'superficial vaginal ulcer' but I'm not convinced...

2 things;

1. How long should vaginal ulcers last?? - it seems 7 weeks is a long time
2. And do vaginal ulcers always hurt?? - mine doesn't seem to bother me at all, although I haven't had any sexual intercourse during this time!

Please help, considering going back to the gyn?!
Thanks!

Zinc cream is very effective as a barrier cream it is also healing for the skin also take internally , calcium ascorbate ( low acid form of vitamin c ) will help the immune system and vitamin b complex these happen alot if you are under stress and run down . Most importantly do not have sex until you are completely sure that it isn't herpes as u can infect others and make your own infection worse
I have the same problem. ive only had 1 partner and my partner never interacted with anyone besides myself and we both got tested for stds but we're both negative.  I have lupus so i wonder if lupus and stress is the caused. Mine vaginal ulcer flared up every 2-5 months and my partner never have any symptoms.
Is there anyone that has had their vaginal ulcer cauterized or had surgery to get the area removed and it worked? Please let me know as I am considering this option.
Since 11 years old, I started to have vagina ulcers and by far this is the fifth year suffering these ulcers. It came every month or it just continually disappear and grow back again! I love kids and I do not want to be forbidden having kids when I grow up. Please help me, I've tried salt water, applied steroids and antibiotic and etc. but it doesn't help me at all.

p.s I am having autoimmune disorder since last year( beginning)  till now.
There is a problem here with terminology. Some ladies are using the word vagina, which really means the part INSIDE the body, when they mean the word vulva, which means the entrance and area outside the body

Hey sweetie...please give your body a well-deserved break...and go talk to your mom.  You don't have to tell her how many partners you have had...one will do...and if she loves you she will be glad you asked for help.  No mom I know (including myself) would want their kid suffering in silence.