vaginal ulcer
I've been suffering from an ulcer on the inside of my vagina wall for about 8 mos. now.  It's very painful during intercourse but otherwise it doesn
I have recently discovered an ulcer just below the opening of my vagina. I have never had an problems like this before, when I first discovered it I was shocked and thought it would just clear up quickly like a mouth ulcer does. Two days before finding the ulcer I had been unwell, sore throat, a mild cold and some painful mouth ulcers too. I saw my doctor who questioned me about STD's but then concluded it looked like an ulcer and she wasn't sure why it had appeared other then my own explanation of perhaps i had nicked myself during shaving and then intercourse had aggravated it. She said my other symptoms were due to a viral infection (therefore no antibiotics were prescribed) but to come back in 2 weeks if the ulcer is no better. Since then I have been adding salt to my bath, not using any bathing products in the water, keeping the area as dry as possible. Avoiding underwear whenever at home and also using Savlon antiseptic cream. It has definately improved over the last 5 days. I am desperately hoping this is gonna clear up soon and never come back!! I enjoy a healthy sex life with a long term boyfriend and don't want to spoil that. My only other worry is the mild stomach pains i have experienced the last couple of days but this could be down to stress? Best wishes and a speedy recovery to all those who are suffering!!!
You might want to ask your DR. to test you for herpies (hvp 2) . Many people have it and never know it until they have a breakout,which sometimes can be yrs after they have actually had the virus.Most breakouts happen when the immune system is down, such as colds or stress.Really surprised your DR didnt test you anyway. Hope you recover soon though.