very light vaginal bleeding

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

very light vaginal bleeding

Hi Everyone,
I'm coming here on behalf of the girlfriend. She isn't too internet savy so i figured i'd help her out. She's 18 and we just started having "activity". We started about a few weeks ago. Last night after everything was done we noticed some blood on the bedsheets. It looked like the sheets got stained during. Anyways... so she went into the bathroom to check and she went into there to urinate. I asked her if everything was ok, she said that there was no blood in the urine but there was blood on the toilet paper.

I asked her if her period was about to come. She said it was close but she wasn't sure on which day because she didn't look at her calendar. This morning when she woke up she saw some of that light blood again on her panty liner that she used overnight. Then a couple hours later her period actually came. I'm not too worried because i've read and heard that sex shortly before your period can sometimes cause light bleeding.

HOWEVER, she told me that the color of the blood during her periods are usually a dark red. But the blood that was left on the sheets was a lighter colored red. Not a pink kind of a red, but more of a brighter colored red. Is that normal? I've heard of periods coming a little sooner or light bleeding before a period because of sex but i have NO idea regarding the color and what's normal and what's not.

Any help here is appreciated. She doesn't seem to worried about it. But i worry for her health.

Thanks in advance!
She's not savvy enough to type?

Anyway, it could be from lots of things. Is she taking birth control pills?
Avatar n tn
LOL! It happens depending on the activity! I thought it happened to me cause my partner was rather Large.  and when ever I consulted witha DR they would ask things like is it painful? does it have a bad smell? etc. sometime they are related with cyst that pop during intercoarse.  but look into it specially if she is so young!
Avatar n tn
She is savy enough to type but she's really slow at it. There's a little more to it than typing. But anyways...

She's not on birth control, there's no odor, and it's not painful. She says everything feels normal. This is her first time having intercourse this close to her period. So naturally she wouldn't know if this is normal. The bleeding was just the one time. Othertimes have been fine.
Avatar n tn
It happens!!
Avatar n tn
Thanks everyone!
Chances are, her period is about to start. The color of the flow changes from light to dark to light, and can be red, pink, or brown.
Avatar n tn
I'm 28 years old and after my routine pap test at my Gyno., I got the dreaded call that something was amiss. The doc said that there were some abnormal cellular changes in the results of my pap and he instructed me to have the HPV test done. I'm still waiting for the results of that but meanwhile I'm freaking out because I've noticed some little vaginal bleeding during urination and I'm not due to get my period for another 12 days. I know I have to simply wait for the results but if anyone out there can share their experience in order to maybe shed some light on mine, I'd greatly appreciate it.

In distress
msdee12
Avatar n tn
Since I began menstruating I skip periods. I have about 2 to 4 periods a year. I had a period last month and now I started bleeding again but its very light pink and its there ever time I wipe. I have been wearing a pad but hardly any actually comes out. For about a week now I have notice a little bit of a odor but nothing major. I am married so I only have one partner and I don't believe it is any sort of STD. Does anyone know if this is normal bleeding?
I am not sure if this is normal or not but I am experiencing the same thing.  I am 22 years old I had sex two days ago and the condom came off inside me :/ I got it out and was not entirely worried about pregnancy as I was due to start my period within 5 days.  I noticed a bit of blood on the condom when I got it out and I spotted lightly for about 24 hours.  I thought my period came early yesterday as the spotting turned into a more normal color and consistency, but again this morning it is very light and bright red and not the normal consistency.  So I'm not sure as to whether this is something to be overly concerned with or not, I would imagine the activity just agged it on a little early.  Strange how things work sometimes, huh?
mhv commented on photo
Des_a_rae commented on photo
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals