very lower right pelvic pain (crease of hip bone)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i'm not sure what this pain could be so maybe some has had similar issues. after having intercourse on may 31, i felt weird pains in my right side. they continued on and off until i got my period. the period was regular, lasted 5 days. i had this lower right pain for 2 weeks after (almost felt similar to ovulation pain, which i do feel).. it went away for a bit but came back and has lasted until now. it's a constant, dull ache in my very lower right side (best described as right in the crease of my hip and pubic bone).. i ruled out pregnancy in june and early july, having taken 6 pregnancy tests and all negative. and i have had two periods, both of which were normal duration and flow. i was told i had polycystic ovaries in january by my gyno so i don't know if this is a cyst or something else entirely. i had a physical done about 2 weeks ago and everything checked out OK. so anyone have any ideas before i schedule a trip to the gyno? much thanks!
I have had similiar pains in the same area as you have described. I did go talk to my gyno.  It might be a cysts. That is what i had. It was nothing major i dont want you to worry. they can be easily taken care of. I was told cysts were normal during your periods and most cases they go away on there own but mine liked to stay around.  I would definately talk to your doctor just for piece of mind.
thanks! yeah, i have a feeling it's a cyst (it's a weird sensation of a mass, dull pain, not severe!) and i know i'm prone to have cysts since i have polycystic ovaries. you just start to worry when you see that it can also be anything from ectopic pregnancy to appendicitis! but the fact that i've had normal periods and that i typically feel ovulation more strongly than others has led me to believe it's nothing too serious. i'm planning on going to the gyno and having him take a look inside, just to make sure! :D
just to put you at some ease I am very familiar with cysts. I started getting them when i was 17(so long ago.  LOL.)and i am now 35 and other than minor in and out surgery for them i have had no major problems.  they can be very painful and annoying but very treatable.  my doc had suggested at one point putting me on birth control which i thought was extremely funny considering i had a tubal ligation done but he said this would help with the cysts and i figured i was double protected. HA HA.
I've had the lower right pelvic pain right alond my hip bone as well. It's really severe 1 week before my cycle. Sometimes, it's hard to even walk or get out of bed. My cycle has become extremely heavy and long and after my cycle is over, the pain is gone. I've had all kinds of tests done, ultra sound (enternal) and a MRI. All kinds of blood work and nothing. I do not have fibroids or cysts, so I dont' kow waht it could be. My gyne thinks is endometriosis, but I will know for sure when the MRI results are ready. Anyone else experience this?
I have that same thing- it does seem to be very severe before the cycle for me too, but I have had extremely short cycles instead of extremely long ones, and I get the pains the worst during my period.  I haven't gotten tests for mine yet so I have no idea what it could be.