very painful nipples

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

very painful nipples

First off, I am 13 weeks pregnant, although i dont think that pregnancy has ANYTHING to do with my problem, but i had to put that in there!! Ok, i dont know how long this has been going on, but it has been a while!! It seems like EVERY time that i get cold and my nipples get hard, they seem to kill me. I mean it isnt just like a little pain, i mean WOW!! it feels like i have fire coming out of them, they just hurt and hurt for like 20 minutes, even when i am not cold, and sometimes when they are not even hard. I really would just like a few answers if there is anyone who has some!!
Mine are the same way. I am pregnant also. They hurt anyhow, and burn at times, especially when touched. But when they get hard when I'm cold it hurts BAD. I think it's pregnancy related. Anyhow, just wanted to let you know I understand your pain!
Not to disrupt this thread, but I am having the painful nipples too but I did blood test at Dr.'s couple weeks ago and pregnancy test was negative.  Any other ideas what might cause it?
I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I have this too.  I got it a couple times in the past and I wasn't pregnant and it was when i was really cold.  This is what I think.  I also have Reynaud's syndrome (cold hands and feet) and I just live with this - it doesn't really bother me. But I'm thinking that when you're pregnant and all that extra blood is circulating in the breasts it makes them more suseptible. Its excruciatingly painful and I get it at least once or twice a day - usually first thing in the morning. Its a little comforting knowing someone out there knows my pain.  The only thing I know is stay warm - but even you don't feel cold - your nipples migh feel otherwise. I'm praying for you all.  God bless
i have suffered the same as you for years it first started when i was pregnant 16 years ago after i had my son it stopped for a few month then came back again my nipple becomes hard and white and it feels like it is on fire i find that taking my bra off helps. when i was pregnant with my second child it stopped and came back a few months after i had given birth when i spoke to a nurse about it all i got was " don't get cold then" which was a great help not. eventually i found that it only happens a week before my period is due dr thinks it could be down to hormonal changes in the body even though my blood test have all come back ok
i'm 18 weeks but my first months my nipples hurt so bad to begin with i couln't even look at them so its all very normal
I've always had this problem but usually only when it is really really cold when I'm outside for long periods. I'm now 5/6 weeks pregnant and it happens all the time. It is so painful it almost makes me cry. My hands are always cold too.... if I find anything that helps I will let you know
I'm in a crisis here, I had unprotected sex on the weekend of the 8/08/2009 and I took a MAP on the 10/08/2009 after a week my breasts grew big and very painful more especially my nipples and they're very hard. Is it possible that i'm pregnant, I have my period now but very light which is unusual to me. Do you think i'm pregnant?
pb95 Anyone hear from ribaby15? Comment
Shannon79, and specialmom commented on KeeLolo's status
Foam Rolling
20 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals