very painful nipples?
I have been ttc for awhile.  I know it isn't likely with my tubes tied.  Anyway I had a blood test done 2 weeks ago which came back negative (not quite zero was what doc said).  Now for the last couple days my nipples (only nipples) have been very painful.  They seem to be hard all the time and that makes it worse.  I cannot wear a bra unless I want to be in pain all day.  What can cause nipples to be this painful?  They are not dry or cracked.  I am also feeling bloated....dunno if that means anything
if you are pregnant, a HPT would show positive if you are having symptoms.

other than that it could be a hormonal imbalance, not sure. Did you try putting lotion on them?
going to sound really silly but, don't put lotion on, if you put a savoy cabbage on your nipples/breasts it stops all itching/aching
yes I know of higher chance ectopic preg, but was hoping for best anyway....had my tubes tied 5 years ago....as for other....never thought of cabbage lol  they are not dry or cracked or itchy though, only painful
the cabbage thing will work.  But I'm interested to know why you are ttc if you have your tubes tied.  Don't you know that if you get pregnant with your tubes tied that puts you at a higher risk for Etopic pregnancy....
Don't have a clue what could be the problem. To help with the pain do one of two things depending on what your body will allow.  Try either hot compresses-hot tap water on a face cloth or cold face clothes that you freeze for cold ones.  You may be having some other hormonal thing going on.  Did you get sore nipples with your period?  Did your period change recently or anything like that?  Do you have any undue stress in your life?  If the pain gets worse or better make a journal of what you were doing or thinking about.  IF the pain doesn't go away within a week, you will be able to go to the Dr's and say this is what is happening and when and for how long.  Dr's like it when patients are informed and can rule out some of the things they might be thinking or sugest that you do.