very painful periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

very painful periods

dear doctor...i am really in pain..i have very painful periods.so i get afraid when my period approaches.it just pains like hell, bleeding is normal but the pain cant be tolerated so sometimes i even want to kill myself..just as the period ends the pain also goes and rarely comes during a month but again reappears as new period begins...what may be the solutions? what do i need to do n what may be the approaches to solve this problem out??please help me out doctor please...(i did not have any visa or mastercard so i was not allowed to post in next community so posted it n here..please help me in this regard..
This condition is called dysmenorrhea. It can be of two types; primary and secondary. The primary dysmenorrhea is seen within 2 years of onset of menstruation and stays for 1 to 2 days of each cycle. The secondary dysmenorrhea is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroids, endometriosis (abnormality of lining of uterus), pelvic tumors, and intra uterine device (like copper-T) etc. You should consult gynecologist for internal examination and other test needed to detect it's cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

ok doctor of possible i will consult the doctor..and i will update as well..thank you for your response..