virgin pregnancy?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

virgin pregnancy?

is it possible for me to be pregnant even though i'm a virgin?
my boyfriend came near me, i was sitting on his thigh without panties on and now i'm not sute whether if i'm pregnant or not. i'm supposed to get my period this week so i'm still not late but i'm very worried. can a pregnancy test detect one so early on? this was 2 weeks ago. thanks.
you can still get pregnant if you come in contact with it.  sperm can live out side the body for quite a long time before it starts dying off.  people have gotten pregnant this way. but don't freak out its not time for your period yet. usually you can't get pregnant til a week after your period ends anyway. i have five kids i know when the right time to get pregnant is. next time be a little more careful.
Sperm can survive outside of the body for no more than about an hour. In general, if the semen is still wet it may well have live sperm.

Once sperm enter the female body, however, their lifespan increases. Inside the vagina, sperm can only survive for about six hours, as vaginal secretions contain acids that break the sperm down pretty rapidly. Vaginal infections or the presence of a spermicide may destroy sperm, and not allow it to reach the fallopian tubes.

Once sperm travels through the cervix, however, its lifespan increases even more dramatically. Sperm may survive in the Fallopian tubes for as long as 7 days, but generally survives for around 3 to 5 days. This means that fertilization can occur even if the sperm are deposited as much as a full week prior to ovulation.

If a woman’s cervical mucus is not very hospitable to sperm, lifespan of sperm may be shorter.

If you are trying to conceive, it may be helpful to try to elevate your bottom in order to encourage the sperm to travel to your cervix more rapidly. Some studies have suggested that the contractions that accompany orgasm may pull the sperm from the vagina to the cervix.

Shannon79 commented on photo
jugglin commented on photo
Jade59 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals