vitamins and increased breast tenderness??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hello
I bought some multi vitamins a few months back and have been taking them on and off for the past few months(not very good at remembering to take them in the morning) and the more I search the internet for ttc info the more vitamins I add to my daily regimen. This month though I have been very steady about taking my vitamins every day and I am on 7 or 8dpo and I my breast are VERY tender.  It's very strange.  Breast tenderness is normal for me this time of month but usually it is just when you touch them they are tender like when you cross your arms or when you are exercising (jumping up and down)something like that, but right now they are sore. Last night I was balancing the check book and my whole chest area hurt my breast, under my arms, my nipples, and around my chest just plain hurt. Does that make any sense?  And then I sat down to watch tv and my nipples just were very sore they felt like if you were to touch them it would kill only when I did touch them to see if it did it didn't?  Does any of this make sense? Although they do not hurt as bad so far today. Anyway, I was just wondering if maybe taking too many vitamins would have something to do with it?  I wondered if anybody experiences this from maybe taking too many vitamins? Here is what I take daily:

Geritol complete
Vitamin B6 (200 mg)
Omega 3 (1000 mg)
folic acid (400 mg)
Vitamin C (500 mg)
Vitex (500 mg) I did stop this as of yesterday

Thanks any feedback would be so helpful!!!
it sounds like some of the vit. that you are taking you will need when you actually get prego. i would stay w/ the folicacid and the vit.c. if you want to take a vit. try the flenstones vitamins, or the genaric brand(sp?) that is what i have been taking and they are what the dr says is just as good as prenantial vit.  
about remembering to take them, try sitting them by your bed at night that way before you go to sleep you will (hopefully) remember to look at the bottle and remember to take them. good luck.:)
are you sure you arent already pregnant??
First off why are you taking 200mgs of B6??  This is way too much unless your Physicain recommneded it? Still very high amounts, levels close to that have been associated with nerve damge in arms and legs.  I dont know if this is casuing your breast tenderness but it certainly is a red flag!  You may be going thru some hormonal changes?  Have  you changed medication recently? 2mgs of B6 is 100% of the USRDA so 200mgs is pretty potent.  It is a water souable vitamin but still tooooo much!!!
I am having the same symptoms happening to me. I take vitamins about every other day but just recently I have started taking folic acid to prepare myself for having children. It is always the morning after I have taken the folic acid that the symptoms occur. I wake up the next morning feeling like if my breast were touched, it would be extremely painful. However, it is not as bad as it seems. I don't know if I should stop taking the folic acid or if it is something that just needs to be worked out. I'm pretty possitive that I'm not pregnant. I do however have tenderness around having my period, but, my nipples are hard and my breasts are full. I can tell my hormones are at work. ?????? I don't know what to do.
I also v this feeling I stated taking pregnant care multi vitamin just to prepare myself for a baby...And added folic acid ...my nerves in my hands are aching my breast aching my under arm aching. ..And a piercing pain ...
specialmom Little League Opening Day i... Comment
Shannon79, Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
MamaBirdRhonda took care of injured and or... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals