vulval cuts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vulval cuts

This is the first time I've posted on one of these sites and it is due to the problem taking over my MIND!
It all started in November 2004 with an ex boyfriend. After sex i kept getting small cuts/fissures which bled very slightly, only after sex. I thought it was thrush because i was itchy as well. I also attributed to the fact that he was very well endowed. In certain positions I had some pain with thrusting but mostly i had a slightly painful feeling on penetration. The relationship didn't last very long. I never had any of these problems with the boyfriend before him.
I haven't had a boyfriend since and about midway through last year bought  a vibrator. On and off the same thing is occuring. Small fissures that bleed. I have some slight (usually very slight) itching before my period and during and have been tested for all stds. I had a swab done for herpes from one of the cuts at the family planning clinic which came back negative and on returning to see the doctor there for a further discussion was told that my problem was very common and that why am i using a vibrator and why don't i  use my fingers! Not a response i thought was appropriate.
I now am seeing another doctor who i've been to several times and she has told me to come back when the itching is there so we can test for herpes again and she said it was hard to catch, but that herpes doesn't usually bleed.
The cuts always seem to be on the left side and don't always happen. I can't help feeling that if i were to have sex though they would flare up with the friction. Help!!! I'm going crazy with worry!
Although your symptoms are not typical for herpes, that remains the most common cause of otherwise unexplained genital sores or "cuts".  A negative swab test doesn't mean much, especially if done on a lesion more than 2 days old.  Ask your health care provider do a blood test for HSV-2.

HHH, MD
Hey.

A while ago, I began noticing these "papercut" like abrasions, around my vulva and anus.  They were very painful, especially during and after sex, and when I would pee.  I assumed that they were somehow caused by vigerious sex, the occasional use of saliva for lubrication (sanitary issues), or the large size of my boyfriends penis.  However, the fissions would appear even if I hadn't had sex for a week!  And as previously thought, I could not find any visable pattern comparing the occurances to my menstral cycle!  Now, you may think this is insane, but one night when I was plagued with a couple of these nasty tears, I tried an unthinkable expariment.I bravely cleaned the area with an alcohol wipe - the ENTIRE area, paying special attention to the abbrasions.  I cannot tell you how much this expariment hurt... the pain was almost unbearable! I went to bed soon after, and when I woke up the fissions were gone! Unfortionatly, they did come back about a week later, so I cleaned them with the alcohol wipes again and again, and the fissions began to appear less frequently. I have been fission free for at least a month!

Now, I know that a lot of doctors don't know what causes these painful cuts, and I know that I am no doctor myself, but if any of you women are trying to make sense of these nasty little cuts, then think about this :  The skin in and around the vagina is very sensitive, and very delicate, therefore it is fair to assume that almost anything is capable of irritating it - from sex, to a change in pH, to a new type of fabric softener that you wash your panties with... etc.  So, assuming that an "X" factor begins an irritation, all it would take is a few bacteri to penetrate the irritated skin and cause a fission to occur.  Now, if you have ever had a cut on your hand, that just would not heal, we know it was because of an infection inside of the cut, even if there is no puss.  In order to kill the infection, you disinfect it with a disinfectant... say an alcohol wipe!  So, that was my theory with the vaginal fissions - they are simply a form of an epidermal infection.

Just to note: disinfecting the fissions with the alcohol wipe is very painful... but in my opinion, it wasnt as bad as the pain from the fissions themselves.  This method worked for my body, and if you are brave enough to try it, I hope it works for you too.  I havn't had any sort of noticable reactions to the harshness of the alcohol, although seriously, ask your dr. if you are concerned!  Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go back to my doctor and ask for a herpes type specific test.
cheers
Hi everyone,
I've been looking into this issue and it seems that it may be due to yeast infections. Often these infections are mild and do not have very noticeable symptoms, so do not be too quick to decide you don't have one.
At this website http://www.pdrhealth.com/content/women_health/chapters/fgwh04.shtml

I found the following information:
"Classic symptoms of yeast infections include vulvar itching, redness, and irritation. If your urinary opening is inflamed, you may have to urinate somewhat more frequently than usual, and urination may be uncomfortable. If your infection is severe, your vulva may swell and fine breaks, called fissures, may appear. Your vaginal discharge will become thicker, whiter, and curd-like (similar to cottage cheese in texture and appearance). Inflammation of the vulva and vagina, combined with the dryness of your discharge, makes intercourse painful."

I've found the sweet almond oil is a wonderful method of increasing elasticity and making tearing less likely. There is also a natural antibacterial oil called Ozonol. If inserted into the vagina it can cure yeast infections.

I hope at least some of this helps.
Cheers.
Well. I am a virgin, and I get the same kind of cuts. I haven't done anything sexual in my life, the occasional kiss on the lips, hugging. Cuddling. But that's it. Honestly. Not even oral. BUt every now and then, I get this paper thin long cuts on my inner lips that sting and burn to no hell. And they some they even itch. I don't know what to do, I don't wanna get tested for AiDS, or any STD's. Because I haven't done anything. And I'm starting to get ingrown hairs all over the top of my mound. It scares me to death and I'm so self conscious because...well it's not pretty. At all. I don't know what to do. I'm not in ballet this year..So I'm not stretching. But all this vaginal problems keep occuring and I'm not brave enough to show my mom..

Or go to the doctors because I don't even let my own mom see my...area. And yeah. Please, please help. I don't know what to do because. This is new to me. And ..ugh.  
i also have these horrible ( paper cut ) cuts on the inner lips of my vagina, they are killing me, they are so painful. It burns when i pass urine and is really itchy and sore, i have had these cuts for about 4 days now. About one month ago i went to the GUM clinic as i was really itchy inside my vagina and getting a really nasty white discharge, i got checked for all STI,S including herpes which i got the results back as ( all clear ) which took alot of my mind, i just thought i had thrush. I didnt think i had an STI as ive only ever had one sexual boyfriend and we have been together over 3 years now. My boyfriend has also been the GUM clinic and got the all clear just to make sure. Here i am a month later with these horrible painful cuts ! i was thinking about getting checked again but my doctor says there isnt much point if i only got checked a month ago and got the all clear, but i cant go on like this the last few days i have been in tears with the pain! its that bad! do u have any ideas what this could be??
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/25417

enter this and read posts from women who have suffered from this for years, decades,......that is why i joined this site.  It sux.....I go to the doctor this week(a different doctor) and will let you guys know if i find anything out.  I think it is related to yeast from what I have learned which can be a miserable reoccuring problem. i'm going to quit my birth control and see what happens. I took a break from BC for about 6 months or so and this did not happen until I was put back on the pill(a different kind) ortho-tricyclen lo. I think it is related to stress, estrogen levels, yeast, etc. Many doctors are stumped by this. I have recently done a blood test to rule out the possibility of Herpes type 2 even though I don't display classic symptoms. I have been stressing but hoping for the best. i will let you kow if i find anything out.
Two things:

1.  Have yourself checked for diabetes, which can cause yeast infections to flourish (yeast seems to be related to the papercut symptom, even if the infection isn't obvious).

2.  Read this other thread on this site, which is all about how it is NOT herpes:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/WomensHealth/messages/188.html

3.  Treatment that works for me:  Monistat to kill it; A&D ointment to stop it from starting.  A&D ointment is found in the diaper aisle and doesn't smell like fishy Desitin.  Plain old vaseline (petroleum jelly) also works as a preventative.
could it be vaginal ecthyma ?  after investigations for thrush and herpes were ruled out that's what my local GUM clinic diagnosed.  they have given me 2 types of cream which help sooth and prevent the cuts.

i found the GUM (genital and urinary medicine) clinic much more helpful than the GP surgery.  Free and confidential to anyone in UK.
Its a vitamin deficiency. Take a  multi and they will go away.
There is a rather serious autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome. This disease's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing itching, inflammation, vaginal sores, fissures, cuts, boils, or folliculitis (ingrown hairs). Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. Also, be careful choosing a doctor, you want to see someone who know's enough to tell you what Behcet's Syndrome is all about, if they don't know that, they don't know enough to help you. It is not contagious, it just happens to people. Visit the American Behcet's Disease Association website message board for more information. Also, sex without a condom will trigger a flare of this disease, Behcet's patients have a reaction to human to human genital contact of any kind. This means they'll need to use condoms even with their spouse inorder to control symptoms.
yesterday I was waxing as I usually do, and something happened.  I really don't know how it happened but I cut myself between the vulva area and the lips and it is a vary deep cut and it is deep.  I don't know what to do,  I feel no pain, but I am afraid of an infection, or how I should be treating it. can you please help me?
I had these cuts/lesions (looked like paper cuts) on my vulva area, mostly above my clitoris but sometimes longer down along the sides of my clit for months and months. They were painful and burned a lot, they bothered the bejesus out of me. Before that I had had frequent yeast infections for YEARS. The yeast infections began after my GYN gave me a cream to treat a minor irritation due to tampon use (not a big deal, but I would advise not using tampons if you don't have to), which he knew would give me a yeast infection but it went untreated. I tried nearly every herbal remedy in the book and cut way back on my sugar and refined substances, even dairy and grains. It is not fun to live like that, let me tell you. Then the cuts came and I went to a GYN who came recommended to me by the old one, and she tried to tell me it was herpes. Hey folks, this is probably NOT herpes. I was frustrated with these GYNs not helping me, so I went to a local university health center and described the problem. The women's health doctor took a swab of the cuts for herpes testing and prescribed me a strong anti-yeast cream. The swab came back negative and I completed the cream treatment with NO recurrence of any symptoms since then. I looked on the internet to treat my problems for months and months and had a hard time finding someone whose problems were resolved, so I wanted to put mine out there. I will also say that now I am seeing a licensed naturopathy doctor and doing some tests for thyroid problems and excess testosterone, which can lead to diabetes, hypertension, hair loss, acne, and a billion other problems. It has been suggested to me in the past by my first GYN that the constant yeast infections could be due to diabetes. I'm in my mid twenties and not especially overweight, so I always thought that odd. My suggestion though, is to find a GYN who will listen to you and be more helpful than mine were. Then you may want to see a holistic care or naturopathy doctor like I am, to check out where those imbalances could have come from in the first place. I was very surprised and pleased with mine - and this is coming from a skeptic. Best of luck to you all.
I agree with silk road.  This is probably not herpes.   Just over three years ago I had a broken tampon inside me.  I then had it removed after a traumatic three weeks trying to figure out what was wrong (nobody could spot it as it was only a tiny bit of a tampon).  Anyway after the tampon business I had all sorts of strange symptoms in my pelvic region and I put this down to hormones.  I'd become sexually active soon after because I started a relationship.  The following year all this tingling and then soreness started, and cuts and tender skin on my vulva and then peeling skin and then at one point it just got worse and worse and my vulva was going white and paper thin and I ended up with a pelvic infection on top of that.  Anyway I was convinced I had contracted herpes from a boyfriend because I that's what kept coming back when I looked the symptoms up (well that an lichen schlerosis or vulval cancer), but from what I have read you do not have an ongoing constant herpes attack for months on end and the std clinic ruled out the other two.  I had a blood test just to rule herpes out and it came back negative.  I had antibiotics for my pelvic infection (which must have been caused by the tampon incident as my boyfriend and I had std test which came back negative), and the skin problems on my vulva cleared up substantially after the antibiotics, although they have never completely disappeared.  I still get some peeling skin and some discomfort and occasional cuts, which are like a break in the folds of the skin but I get some peeling skin over them.  I thought it was bits of toilet paper at first.  I use an antifungal steroid cream occasionally and that helps.  I was still worried about herpes or having an std so I've just had more tests and again they have come back all healthy but with a strong overgrowth of yeast on my vulva.  So the consultant I saw said that this is definitely yeast related and that he has seen similar cases which are all to do with yeast.  So I suggest if you are worried about herpes the best way to go about checking is to take the meds that stop herpes attacks recurring.  If your problems go away then its probably herpes, if not then its definitely yeast related and very common.  It's highly unusual to have herpes without having the classic symptoms but it is common for the symptoms described to be present with a yeast infection.
I have this condition as well but it's because of my very low estrogen level. I am taking an injection- Lupron as an additional medication for my post-breast cancer treatments. My Gyne had given me this ointment which was really good, just after 24 hours, the cuts are quite unnoticeable already and it doesn't sting anymore when I pee. The ointment is BEPANTHENE, a product of Bayer. It is also being used for nappy rash or cracked nipples. I hope this helps
Hi all, quick question...

I seem to be having symptoms of herpes and i'm freaking out! I went to the doctor and she asked me about all the symptoms and at the time all I had was vaginal discharge, painful and frequent urination and also these cuts, or what felt like down there. So she checked me out and said it's most likely a yeast infection. So i took the monistat 3 day and nothing totally improved right after that. So I went back to the doctor and told her that I don't think it's gone away.... so she checked me out and swabbed me for herpes. I'm waiting for my results... does anyone know how long it takes and do you think this sounds like herpes?
The weather is now changing so I don't know if this is because of that.. but I now have a sore throat, still have cuts (although when she swabbed for herpes, she said they looked like they were healing..... but i also had this so called "yeast infection" for a couple weeks before i got checked) still have a tiny bit of discharge and still frequent and painful urination.....

Something else I should mention is I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and I have got pap's before and they have been fine. (not sure if i was tested for herpes then though.) I alse have pain in my knees and the back of my heels... which my doctor thought was from something else originally. Not sure if it's related to this.. what do you think???
I read all the posts on this and other sites of so many women who share this symptom of cuts in the vagina, and it is nice to know it's not just me that has this, but also frustrating not to know what is it and what to do about it. I found these two sites that seemed to provide some helpful information. I thought I share them here. I hope you find them helpful. I found good information by looking under vaginal fissures.

http://www.******************.ca/resources/show_res.cfm?ID=42286

http://www.*******.***/blog/home-remedies/vaginal-fissures-avrasions-home-treatment-internal-abrasions.html
I only find this site last week sometime when I started to suffer from these tiny cuts. I tryed what Roxy_288 said I have to say THANK YOU! I used medical wipes and I kid you not they went away the next day :-) for anyone that is having this problem I suggest that you do try this, it does hurt a little but it is totally worth it!

Thanks again
Hi everyone...
I have read though the messages and understand you all very well. I have always had this problem too around my period time and after sex.
Since Iv had the implant its got worse.
But I was wondering what Roxy288 meant by alcohol wipes? where can you find these?
I had a wax, Hollywood, and four days later i literally couldnt walk. I went to the doctors both the doctor & a nurse looked at it & they couldnt figure it out. My small paper cut had torn to 2mm wide and atleast 2 inches long.
Agonising pain...
i also have this cuts and vagina is reddish its sore an unbearable sumtyms.pls help
read link w/ 450 replys! i have lots of ideas to share estrogen low, food allergies, sclero dermo SEARCH that
I have had these paper cut sorts all around down there and its gotten to the point of irritation when sitting and has strongly prevented me from being sexual with my boyfriend.. I saw one comment about using saliva as lubrication being bad (which is now not being used!) but I am trying to find out how to get rid of them.. which i know everyone is trying to understand. I have one thats slightly bleeding above my clitoris which is causing ALOT of pain and others that are stinging when i urinate. I dont have much in my home to work with but i was wondering what could be used to start clearing it up? I have basics (bactine, polysporin etc..) but i dont know what is safe to use or what would make it worse? I will take any suggestions and if i figure anything out that works on my own i will post immediately.

Thanksss !
Lastnight i couldnt take the pain of these cuts, this morning i foud irritaton horrible so I tried using Bactine which is for burns cuts and irritation (its a spray) and so far it has helped me through my day. I didn't just go spray all over there, I used toilet paper and sprayed it then gentily "dabbed" over the cuts and immediately i felt the pain going away. I have had to only go over it one other time today. Personally this has worked for me today and is NOT painful at all like alcohol swipes. It has the same effect with absolutely no pain and instant relief. I will keep posted if this is my little cure.

Good luck ladies !
It is most likely lichen sclerosus, it should be biopsied by a gyn or dermatologist to be sure.  It can turn into cancer.
Naturopathy is not real medicine. If think your doctor or gynaecologist is wrong, seek another and file a complaint about the previous one.
I am posting this same e-mail on all of my "watched posts," Because my problem is solved and I want to "pay it forward" one last time before I remove my name from this forum.

There seems to be more than one thing happening. I am writing to those women who: have a reoccurring rip-type fissures on the inside of the labia, between the labia and clitoris, along the natural fold. (Mine was always in the same spot. -Note my earlier posts.) You probably have sensitive skin, you are probably high-stress, you may be more "moist" than you think is "typical." You are in relatively good health-maybe you workout. You have at times thought it was everything from soap to rough sex to a "big" boyfriend. You have ruled out everything, one at a time including Herpies (herpes) and other VD's with a test from Dr. It may be worse with hormonal changes, (monthly) or cyclically reoccurring or just always there to some degree. I had this same condition. "Chronic Whatever-itis" What ever they call it, it means your skin is inflamed. They are naming the symptoms, not the cause/problem.

I went to a Dr. He prescribed a topical steroid and a antibiotic. I also had a infection, which is common when things are out of balance down there. (yeast infections also can be commonly be present). I took the meds, it got better for a week, then came right back and I didn't return to Dr. for another year-just lived with it. This was the second Dr. I went to over the years for it. I had it 2001-2003, then all of 2008-2010. (You can wait and wait and live frustrated, (like I did), or go back as soon as the symptoms return and get your life back! Be assertive! I asked a lot of questions, gave him a ton of data on all that had "ruled out", that I was a serial monogamist that always used protection with my faithful boyfriends... (Frankly, I think he was bored with all of the talk, b/c they are trained to treat the symptoms with the mildest they think will work.) When I returned, He apologized that he didn't treat it more aggressively, the first time. By then I was crying and defeated thinking I would just have it forever. As he explained paired with my research and my first-hand account, this is what happened: At some time there was a trauma to the area, a scratch, rough touch, or yeast infection that went haywire. The body’s defenses are jumping on that area because it had an issue with that area already. My vaginal balance was way off. When the ph changes, and allows more bacteria/yeast to grow, (naturally through the month), that change/moisture irritated the area, increased discharge or sweat from working out or sitting too long, (little oven) irritated the area, my changing soaps and detergents 1,000 different times trying to solve the issue paired with extra wiping, washing and attention to the area irritated it and, it just never got to totally heal. All of the junk I put on it may have made it worse and the worrying didn't help a bit. He prescribed a "Z-pack" Which is Zithromax 250MG/Generic=Azithromycin=4 pills. He prescribed Flagyl 500MG=Metronidazole=14 pills. He prescribed Clobetasol .05% cream=a topical steroid, which I was going to use if I needed it after the antibiotics, but I didn't (maybe I used it for 2-3 days) - I was worried about the steroid, b/c of the fact that it thins the skin and it seemed counter - production intuitively to me). Anyhow the Antibiotics worked great! My body was able to heal itself after the Antibiotic Napalm Bomb. I have discolored skin from the years of trying to healing, but that too is lightening up and I have ZERO pain. It made me think of the "hard reset" on my computer. You know it's not great to do, but sometimes it must be done when nothing else is working. Also, separately and unsolicited -after seeing what I was prescribed, the Pharmacist volunteered that he had only seen this prescribed this way a couple of other time, but that it was quite effective for aggressively solving issues. By the way, he also said, "Do NOT drink alcohol with the one! Like no ‘wine sauce’ at dinner, no 'just a sip of wine.' No mouthwash- It contains alcohol- unless you want to be violently sick.

I wish you all luck in getting your issue taken care of.

Thank to everyone for all of your posts!
I posted a few comments up and I never went to a doctor about the cuts since everyone else before said they got no answer... HOWEVER, after I did use bactine as I noted before, the cuts all cleared up, I had no pain during using bactine or after, and have since NEVER had any cuts since! wooo hoooo ! If anyone has any questions then msg me as some already have and otherwise if anyone finds out what they're from from their doctor then thats awesome! Also, I dont believe its from using saliva as a lubricant because honestly thats what I used for a long time .. (tmi, just saying)

Goodluck ladies
I have cuts and a small white pimple like cluster at the top of my slit. Rough sex about a week ago but definitely not dry I'm always super moist. Otherwise have basically all the same symptoms as the rest of you.. Anyone been to a doctor and got an actual diagnoses? Thanks!!
Oh my god I thought I was the only person in the world with this problem!! So glad ive found this website, But so sorry to u all who are suffering like me :(. A couple of weeks ago I started getting horrible symtoms (symptoms) e.g pain during sex, sore swollen vagina, smelly discharge. AND THEN these weird cuts either side of my clitoris which are soooo painful I can hardly wash down there let alone touch it! I kept putting off going to the doctors untill these cuts but this was the last straw i was in soo much pain.so last week I went to the docs and had a swab done (which killed me!) the results came back that I had bv (bacterial vaginosis) im on anti biotics now, does anyone know if these cuts are because of my infection?? and will they go away after my course of tablets ? I hope so. Could someone please recommend me something? Someone please help!! :(. Louise x .
I have one cut, I also have BV so far it's been two weeks and it's not gone!! But it doesn't hurt at all... Mine is where it's moist so I'm guessing that the moister is making it take forever to heal!
Now first off did you have the cut tested for herpes? I know it's a scarry thought but it's best to know for sure! I had mine swabbed it came back negative!! Yey!
All I can advise is to keep the area dry and not wear tight clothing until it heals completely, oh and no sex until it is completely gone!
Hi I work in a sex clinic in the UK.
I am as interested as everyone else to find out why some people get small cuts in their skin.  I wondered if anyone had had a skin swab taken for skin bacteria and if so what the results were.  I am trying to find a link. Please post if you have. Ask for a microscopy, culture and sensitivity swab
of the cut.
Other than an overgrowth of skin bacteria some of your posts could be things like (look up more symptoms of):-
Cytolitic vaginosis - Abundant discharge, Itching, Burning, Pain weeing, pain during sex, redness-Usually worsens in 2nd half of menstral cycle
Lactobacillosis - (similar to above)
Lichen Sclerosis - (pale itchy skin)
Herpes - (painful blisters)
Thrush - (find out which type and what its sensitive to)
Bacterial Vaginosis - (fishy smell, tummy pain, painful sex)
DIV (desquamative inflammatory vaginitis)
Atrophic vaginitis (in menopause)
lichen planus,  
pemphigus vulgaris,
Trichomonas vaginalis
Good luck everyone in finding out what is wrong. Please post skin swab results if you get any please.
I didn't have a skin swab other than a swab for herpes, I got the result, negative!!! I'm happy about that!! But the cut is back... Or really it never went away! It looked like it was going away and then my discharge got bad again and it like opened up again!!!!! Ugh!!!!
I went to an urgency care but they said that it just looked like an abrasion!!! And it took a good 10 mins before she saw it! It's really really small but it's definitely there!! I have been tested for ALL STDs!! All came back negative!
My question is, can BV or/and thrush cause an abrasion?!?!
I had itching for a few days, to the point of eye rolling when I rubbed it even a little, then it got sore, then it stung like nothing you ever felt ( I had a 100% drug free birth and this hurts more) I finally gave in and had a look with a mirror, I have a few perineum cuts (tiny) and a 2" long 2 ish mm wide cut on the left side between my inner and outer lip area, it hurts like hell. I have been using a few drops of lavender essential oil in a little milk, and put it in the bath (milk helps it disperse in water better) and also carrying some in a sports water bottle And using that to wash with when ever I can, wearing sani pads when I'm dressed (very regular changing) and no clothes when ever possible, seems to be improving, will be going doctors if it's no better by midweek. Walking and sitting are uncomfortable. It makes it bleed, seems to be getting better, keep you all posted!
i read a ton of these posts because i am suffering from the same thing...every once in a while i get a few tiny cuts around my vagina that itch and burn and are very painful when i have to wipe after urinating...and dont get me started on how much they burn if urine touches them!  anyway, one reader suggested that bactine worked for her so i bought some today and have applied some every time i went to urinate..AMAZING!  i have already felt a huge difference..no more burning or itching and the spray doesnt burn at all.  it actually feels really good and helps to keep the area bacteria free.  i hope you try it and good luck!!
To those above. I have had this same problem for years, I have been tested for everything under the sun, STD's, herpes, aids, the list is endless. I started using cottenelle or similar wet wipes, every time I go to the bathroom. And my cuts have left completely. I traveled recently and didn't use the wipes and the cuts came back. So, I will NEVER use toilet paper again.  Check out the web for toilet paper allergy. You won't be disappointed.
i have mostly the same symptoms as all of you. it seems like a mild yeast infection and I get a few cuts here and there every once in a while. I recently went to my doctor and her explanation was that I probably have a bacterial infection (she used swabs still dont know the results yet) that is causing me to have more or different discharge. The areas where I'm getting the cuts are getting this discharge and just like skin in any area would (if in contact with wetness or moisture) is starting to disintegrate (because of the constant wetness and imbalance between dryness and wetness) which makes it easier for the skin to tear. She also told me to stop wearing thong underwear and stop using scented body wash to clean down there because those both irritate and dont allow the skin to heal. Hopefully this helps all of you! I'm still waiting for it to heal.
I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR MOST OF YOU! Please read all - I'll be covering a lot of bases -

I had the same problems and even though I am super careful with anything and everything, some how I always find myself at some doctor with some new aged Med problem. I want you ALL to think about this statement.

The vaginal area is SENSITIVE!!!

If you are doing the following please stop immediately!!!

First:
Stop using scented soaps, pantie liners, scented pads, perfumes or anything down there scented JUST STOP!

Second:
Do NOT OVER clean inside the Vulval walls, its possible you are over doing, trust me.

Check this:

As a precaution you are likely doing what I did trying to fix the problems: over washing, wiping, using all kinds of wipes, creams and who knows what else when the problem was simply this:

You are simply cleaning yourself TOO much. So much that you are cleansing away the GOOD BACTERIA that your body forms to protect you, HENCE making way for bad BACTERIA.

Just use WATER to clean down there and very little soap , hypoallergenic I would recommend,
use detergent that's free of dyes, rinse your underwear twice if you must. And when you wipe after using the toilet (urinating) just pat it dry and save the rest for JUST THE WATER.

I know what your going through and trust me it was painful, but try this for 2 weeks and I bet most of you, all your problems will go away! Even the cuts! which are likely cause from excessive cleaning and too many chemical soaps which are drying you out, along with excessive wiping. I know it seems too simple but trust me it worked!!! I can't tell you how many doctors I saw and different things recommended and then I finally went to an awesome OBGYN and she saved my life! I thought I had everything under the sun, I was diagnosing myself with everything even though I had no reason to, and nothing was wrong. All my test came back fine but I still couldn't figure out why I was still having problems. Don't worry, just try this and you'll be, but of course if you don't start to feel and see improvement in 2 weeks see a professional. You could have a bacterial infection, or yeast infection. And possibly if you have urinary-track infections it could lead to the other two I previously stated.

So for you ladies who like it rough, try this and keep rocking your world!

Good Luck Ladies! ^_^v

FYI- that area should always stay moist, don't dry it out! or the cuts will come back!
could you use these on the cuts ? i have 2 ,one close to my (opening) and one a little higher on the other side . please help
I have never had my period before and I think I just got it tonight. When I went to the bathroom, bright red Blood came away when I wiped. I googled it and it said that was normal. I put on a pad and there was minimun blood when I took it off 2 hours later. I wiped just now and felt these cuts that I have experienced occasionally. I was a bit confused and was afraid that the blood may not be my period at all but blood from the cuts. Has anyone ever bled from these? Now, the blood was dark (gross, I know) which menstral blood often is but it went away when I wiped it.

More grossness. Sorry, but I have masturbated before but not in about half a month, so I don't know where the cuts are from. I am a complete virgin, I don't even have a BF so I know it isn't an STD. I don't want to ask my mom if i have an infection because she doesn't even know I got my period yet. The blood doesn't feel like it's coming from inside of me, but rather from my vulva. Am i going to bleed out? I'm scared!
The correct word is Fissure. I get them only after sex. I dont know what they are caused from. Mine are labial not vaginal.
I have suffered from thrush symptoms and cuts around my vagina for a year it is soo painful i have veen using caneston constantly! I recently visited my gp last week they tested my urine and blood for glucose. Thinking I may have diabeties! My gp took a vaginal swab, the results are back so my gp wants me to make a telephone appointment this Monday so I will no more then! My sister who is a nurse told me not too worry!
I must say, after reading that people have been having similar experiences as me, it has somewhat put my mind at ease, but I'm still concerned.
I've been having symptoms of a yeast infection - itching, painful urination, a thick white discharge - and it's driving me insane! I've used some over the counter yeast infection treatments, but I'm afraid nothing is working. The first two were generic, one-day treatments. And I still had all the discomfort. Finally I told my mom about it, and she said I needed monistat. Apparently I used to get yeast infections as a baby and only monistat brand would work. So, I just put in the monistat 1 ovule insert a couple hours ago and hoping this will finally work.
However, I'm having concerns. One being that when I used a cooling wipe it stung! I was thinking maybe that's from my skin being irritated from itching, but I don't know. Also, I've had this small cut at the top area of my vulva (I think in the hood area?). I saw it before (maybe a month ago) and it stung when I'd move and when I get soap on it in the shower. It went away for a while, but now I see that it's back and I think I also have a yeast infection.
Sorry for babbling so much, but now my question is, is it normal for the over the counter yeast infection treatments to not work? Is the cut related to the yeast infection (at least that's what I'm thinking it is)? Or could this all be something else? I'm so scared! Please help if anyone has advice
Try alcohol wipes or medical dis-infectant wipes trust me you'll wish you weren't born when you apply it to the affected area it burns so much but then the pain will subside and hopefully after a couple of days the cuts will be gone and you'll be back to normal
every time I go toilet it hurts and I have red sores on my vagina!
What is wrong with me!!
Will you please explain to me what these cuts looked like? and how long they lasted if you didn't do anything about it. I have had a couple small cuts for a couple months. intercourse is very painful especially. I have been to the clinic a couple times and all they did was test me for std's and stuff. first time they told me it was vaginitis and second time they said it was a yeast infection. but both times the treatment did nothing. so i looked myself and i found a cut. and now idk what to do. it doesn't look like an open cut so would the alcohol work?
it happens to me sometimes when i shave and am not careful. or razor burn.
or a yeast infection.
Hi, I have been having this cuts around my vulva also and it usually occur each time I use d rest room to excret. It tends 2 stay 4 lyk 3 days or 4days n den it goes n comes back again. And some times, I get this frequent urine which I can't control. It embarassess me coz, I cnt go out without stuffing my virgina with tissue paper or sanitary pads. This frequent urine issue has stoped for now though... My main problem is this cut in my virgina. It hurts so bad n sometimes, gets itchy. Pls!!!! Help me out here... Thanks!
I have had this same issue continuously throught the past year. I'd say at least once a month the same small, paper it like sores appear only I side the labia of my vagina (the soft punk parts). I have been seen by a physican who diagnosed me with recurring bacterial vaginitis (BV). This is a common bacterial infection that occurs when the balance between the natural cleaning bacterial of the vagina are being over produced. Theses all cuts are often paired with a change in natural discharge (the thickness and colour may change), as well as a - and I hate to say it - fishy odour, as well as itchiness and or burning which is increased during heination.  This is NOT an STD, and symptoms are not found in men at alll as this is not transferable by skin to skin contact or sex.This can happen as a result of numerous things: sexual intercourse with a condom as a reaction to the lube, sexual intercourse without a condom from reaction to the male seamen, scented washes or wipes for the vagina , swimming in a lake... List goes on.

This is treatable and will go away! There are a few different types lf treatment for BVin different forms: : topical creams, internal ovules that directly release medication , and different variations of oral medication. However it's is also recurrent. And as someone mentioned earlier, diabetics (like myself) are more prone to these tears as the natural endocrine levels are already altered.

I was given an information page about this occurrence upon diagnosis, and you can look it up online as well. But for those of you reading this trying tl find out if it is safe to have aex or not during thise annoyance: it is. Any who is concerned about having sex while also having the small cuts, you can. However, sex can cause the infection to last longer, and or not fully go away. And I would definitely suggest use of a condom, as we have stated that these cuts do sometimes bleed in faint amounts.

I hope this is a relief to anyone suffering!
you can get herpes virus from skin to skin contact or through kissing. it is not just spread through sexual contact or bodily fluids. Get a blood test. You don't have to have sexual contact to get an std.
what type of bactine do you buy? there are so many variations on the internet. cleansing sprays, first aid lotions. ive been using sudocrem which helps the pain and discomfort during the day but its not healing and im holding for as long as i can so i pee less as the pain is awful. i have previously had a baldder infection which went to kidney infection and now i have this cut. ar ethey all linked?? i am also in the middle of my cycle which is not helping. anything i can use to fix this quicker???