weird bump on labia - help!
I have a question. Last night, I had vaginal intercourse for the first time in over a year. my partner and I used a condom and I know he has been tested recently and is clean.

Also, two days ago I attempted to wax a bit "down there." I used a very small strip of wax on the very upper part of my labia and lower pubis mons, but it didn't work very well because the hair is too short. There was some redness, but I cleaned up and everything seemed fine.

Well, today I noticed a big red bump right on the lip of my labia. It's about 4mm in diameter and is pretty firm. I've had ingrown hairs and little pimples down here, but this is something entirely different. It's pretty tender. I tried poking at it a bunch, but nothing happened. It kind of looks like it's forming a white head now, too.

I'm positive that one of the two events (or both) has caused this as it's never happened before. But my question is, what is this and what do I do? I really hope it's not some sort of STD. I also hope it's not a recurring thing, as I'm a model and having a bumpy red lady area would not be good for business. :(

I'm going to soak in a hot bath for a while and see if that helps at all. If anyone has any experience with these sort of things or can give me some advice other than "see a doctor", I would appreciate it.
It could be a type of cyst but there's usually no whitehead on the tip, unless you've just irritated it by picking and poking at it :)  Cysts like sebaceous cysts, which are common down there, usually aren't painful but sometimes they can be irritating or painful and the doctor can drain it.  Sometimes they go away on their own.  Good luck to you :)
i know you said you needed advice other then "see a doctor", but i think its a good idea. could be like you said some type of std, or could be some kind of irritation from the waxing. i really urge you to atleast talk to your ob/gyn on the phone...ATLEAST..because this is your life and what if it were serious? don't risk it..for your own sake.